Planning for my cruise and I don't remember re: Canaletto

sail7seas

Add me to your list of CC friends who are glad you have reached the point where you can sail again on HAL. Enjoy your special dinners and your travels with your friend. There will be those private moments when the memories of sailing with Robert overwhelm you. Allow them, savor the memories of happy times and then move on with thoughts and plans for now and tomorrow. Looking forward to some future time when we will meet again on board some 'Dam' ship.

Jane

Sail -

Unless it's changed since December, wine is not included with your Canaletto meal. They do, however, have carafes on the list. You can also order the MDR wine carafes if you want.

Have a great trip!

Sail -

Unless it's changed since December, wine is not included with your Canaletto meal. They do, however, have carafes on the list. You can also order the MDR wine carafes if you want.

Have a great trip!

Thanks POA.

Trish, I am happy to hear you will also be sailing. Why did I have a notions you had sailed HAL since losing Virgil? Is this your first HAL c ruisd without him?

I' am looking forward to wha lays ahead with these thoughts in mind:. Accept what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be.

Jane I'd be dellighted to meet you again. I fondly remember our lovely chats in Oc ean Bar .., i hope t hings are going well for you.

Thanks POA.

Trish, I am happy to hear you will also be sailing. Why did I have a notions you had sailed HAL since losing Virgil? Is this your first HAL c ruisd without him?

Judy, I did sail to take his ashes to Bora Bora. I cruised alone and this time I am going with a friend. I think it will work out fine.

I hope you voyage is truly peaceful and healing for you.

Thanks POA.

I' am looking forward to wha lays ahead with these thoughts in mind:. Accept what is, let go of what was, have faith in what will be.

Jane I'd be dellighted to meet you again. I fondly remember our lovely chats in Oc ean Bar .., i hope t hings are going well for you.

Those are great thoughts Sail. You're an inspiration to all of us that wonder about the what ifs with our SOs. We have the same what ifs conversations and it's nice to know that we're not alone. I hope your first visit back to HAL is as nice as you remember.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have had some concerns about Canaletto's small plates & share large plate due to the very different preferences SveaGirl and I have for food. She is minimal meat, almost vegetarian, and I've tried to maintain low-carb for many years. I wasn't seeing much in large plates to share. She would be all over the Portobello/Zucchini Spaghetti and I the Veal or Lamb. The "sharing" concept does not always work well. I know they can accommodate this so hoping they can do a smaller serving for her. Actually I suspect she would be full with a small plate and a pasta, which I would skip. So it would probably work out.

What are chances of making a reservation for same day once we see MDR menu for evening? Not picky about time.

The first time we tried the Canaletto was in 2011 with the old menu and we enjoyed it very much.

Then we tried it again in 2012 on the Maasdam and was thoroughly disappointed. Service was bad. My veal was frozen and when I cut it open, water squirted everywhere. This was also the same old menu.

We did not get a free glass of wine at either meal.

Then HAL changed the menus to small plates and a large plate to share. That doesn't work for us as we have different tastes. Thus we haven't tried the new menu and don't want any special favors done for my special diet problems.

Sequim88,

Order what you like; have your traveling companion order what that person wants. Forget this "small plate, large plate" idea. That is what I have done.

If the serving is too large and I cannot consume it all, while I don't like to waste food, I have lost "my guilt feeling" (may my late Mother forgive me) when I put fork and knife towards the middle of the plate and stop.

Sequim88,

Order what you like; have your traveling companion order what that person wants. Forget this "small plate, large plate" idea. That is what I have done.

If the serving is too large and I cannot consume it all, while I don't like to waste food, I have lost "my guilt feeling" (may my late Mother forgive me) when I put fork and knife towards the middle of the plate and stop.

While I agree that you can certainly do this, you can also ask for small portions. The gnocchi & short ribs is a carnivore's dream, and is more of a main course than a pasta course. The polpette (meatballs) appetizer is very good as well. And we liked the antipasto & salad too!