Any cons staying on Lido deck? (Breeze)

Roz-DKcruiser

Also, the cabins that are very close to the exit to the pool area are noisy..

I would disagree with this. There is a door and two 90° bends in the hallway that goes from Lido Deck sliding doors to hallway where the Lido Deck cabins are located.

We have never been bothered with noise from hallway or from our Lido Deck balcony.

We had a spa interior room on the Breeze on our last cruise. We loved being on the Lido deck. Having it be a spa room only added like $50 dollars to our vacation (great deal). Being so close to everything was awesome. Especially with young kids. It was not noisy at all. In fact it was very quiet. I think a few rooms are right under the gym so you may want to watch out for that when picking one -- people drop weights, etc. We were on the other side of the ship.\

I don't think it will matter being up too high. If you are going to get sea sick I think it would happen regardless of where you are located. In fact this past cruise was the first time i ever felt nauseous and were on the lowest floor. I actually felt better when i got out and went up to get some air but was higher up.

I would disagree with this. There is a door and two 90° bends in the hallway that goes from Lido Deck sliding doors to hallway where the Lido Deck cabins are located.

We have never been bothered with noise from hallway or from our Lido Deck balcony.

Yes, and people go out that door and rudely leave it open. I have gotten up late at night and gone to close it only to find a crowd of people right by the door. As soon as I closed it, they opened it. And they were not staying there. The spillover from the deck parties causes people to stand in the way of the sliding door and it keeps it open allowing the noise to enter the hallway.

Check the Cruise Deck Plans dot com deck plan for Lido Deck and there is a Red Star there because of the noise. It got there because so many people reported noise. If you were out and about you might not hear it, but for people like us who spend lots of time in our cabin or balcony it was a big issue.

I was in Rm 10227 and it was terrible. There is some type of rumbling going on I didn't hear it until it was time to go to sleep. It shook the ceiling and the whole room. I guess it would be okay for someone that slept hard or partied hard.lol I had to take Tylenol pm or stay out until I was tired The staff said it happens to about 3 rooms on that floor. I thought it was an earthquake on water the first night I woke up and the room was moving and it was not from the water.Have a wonderful trip

What about getting sea sick? In terms of motion of the ship so high up? Thanks for the post. I am debating booking a cabin on the Lido deck.

Only in rough seas. You have to remember that the pools, buffet, some bars and a lot of other things are also high up on the ship. More than likely, you will be spending more time at the top of the ship than you will elsewhere.

Lido is our favorite deck, since we spend a lot of time there. It is a long way down when you are disembarking the ship on port days, but still love the proximity to the pool, sport deck & food.

It’s also a long way up AFTER a long port day. The trick there is take the stairs up a deck the the glass elevators which don’t go down to deck 0. Then take those up.

We first was talked into booking a Lido deck cabin because it was a good deal on that cruise. Never looked back. Every cruise we book a Lido deck. We only had a issue on one where we just off the elevators on the Conquest and it was actually the music and party of the atrium that was so loud. Crew members closed the doors to the hallway at night and that cleared up all the noise but "guests" kept opening it back up.

Overall love the lido deck cabins. Nothing beats getting up early walking out to get breakfast on lido and walk back to your cabin and eat on the balcony in peace and quiet. Much better than fighting for a good view in the morning . And we never heard loud lido parties on the balcony