How do I add OBC for a Jan cruise

skylock

You are a very good daughter! She will like that very much. Go to this link on the NCL website:

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/bon-voyage-gifts

Click on the link on the top right that says "onboard credit" and follow directions from there. You will download a form to fax or you can call them. You will need your mom's reservation number, cabin number, and sail date. If you do not have the information from your mom since this is a surprise, you can call the number and ask if they will do it anyways with your mom's name, sail date, and ship. They will not tell you the reservation number or cabin number...but they will say yes, they see it...and then take your information to apply it on mom's account. Be sure to ask for an email receipt or something like that.

coka

Oh, I thought of something else...if she does not have a credit card...she will need a debit card or a certain cash amount to put on her account at check-in. Not sure how much but I read some people are surprised at check in when they have to leave a deposit...

coka

Thanks a lot. That was exactly the info I was needing.

I was going to just give her cash, but she is older and has been having an issue leaving her purse in shopping cart buggys or forgetting it at home. She is not new to cruising, but she usually cruises with us and we take care of her account then. This time she is going with her old lady group and I want her to take her excursions thru the ship because again, we have always taken care of them for her.

I think if she has OBC that is going to cover everything, she will not need to put down a deposit when she cruises, but I will find out when I call.

One more thing. The travel agent sent her a paper that says her tips are $10 a day. If has been just over a year since I was on NCL, but I thought it was $12 per day then.

Unless there is some other reason not mentioned, you would do your Mom a big favor in helping her get a credit card.

Why?

Emergency Medical situation.

Need to stay in a hotel someplace.

Need to book a new flight.

Just stuff. Having that instant credit can make life so much easier.

My 83 years old Mom has two cards and checks them online all the time to make sure there is nothing bad happening. Her charges are treated just like a checking account.

Thanks a lot. That was exactly the info I was needing.

I was going to just give her cash, but she is older and has been having an issue leaving her purse in shopping cart buggys or forgetting it at home. She is not new to cruising, but she usually cruises with us and we take care of her account then. This time she is going with her old lady group and I want her to take her excursions thru the ship because again, we have always taken care of them for her. From what I've read here is that you pay for ship's excursions in advance now. Unless she wants to wait until she is on board and see if they have availability.

I think if she has OBC that is going to cover everything, she will not need to put down a deposit when she cruises, but I will find out when I call. I think you still need to put a credit/debit card or cash deposit down as the OBC doesn't show up until the next day.

One more thing. The travel agent sent her a paper that says her tips are $10 a day. If has been just over a year since I was on NCL, but I thought it was $12 per day then.

You are correct... $12 a day.

Hope she has a wonderful time!

• 6 years later...
The GIFTS link has been updated to:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-gifts

Thank you for the updated link!

For anyone reading the previous posts, please note that this thread is from November 2011, so please realise that the DSC has changed several times since 2011. Currently, the DSC is $13.99/per person/per day for most rooms (mini-suites or lower), and Full Suites or Haven rooms at $16.99/ per person/per day.