anyone used the laundry room ?

Shippy

We will be taking a cruise on the Journey in the near future. I usually pack a steamer but since this ship has a laundry room, I might not have to.

We will be staying on deck 7. I understand that the laundry room is on that floor. Can anyone describe it? Does it have an iron & board in there?

thanks.....

We will be taking a cruise on the Journey in the near future. I usually pack a steamer but since this ship has a laundry room, I might not have to.

We will be staying on deck 7. I understand that the laundry room is on that floor. Can anyone describe it? Does it have an iron & board in there?

thanks.....

Shippy: Was on Journey in April. Yes, laundry room is on deck 7 and is big enough to hold approx. 6 washing and 6 drying machines. An iron and ironing board is in the room. There is no fee to pay. Some of the machines were out of action on occasions but a phone call to guest relations soon brought an engineer to sort out a problem. It does get very busy at times - but I used to go at lunch time and usually found a spare machine to use.

We had a wonderful time on Journey so keep out of the laundry room as much as possible. Have a great cruise.:)

@Shippy -

The laundry is on Deck 7, port side, forward of the forward stair case.

There are 4 washers, 4 dryers, 2 iron boards and 2 chairs. The Quest has a love seat instead. The blue box on the wall contains the dry laundry detergent, which feeds into the washers. See pix below.

365823094_JourneyLaundry-2.jpg.7f2e78f56d35a5034790d6bd46df9b80.jpg

1215211493_JourneyLaundry-1.jpg.786a971d2386dd85d1a7254b833e98fb.jpg

We were on the Journey and did use the laundry room. It got terribly crowded during sea days. There were several self appointed "monitors" who made it the only down experience during our sailing.

Also note that the posted hours were ignored. I felt so bad for the passengers near the laundry room. There seemed to be a party there several nights, usually in Spanish.

The best day seemed to be a port day when we docked late in the morning. We delayed going ashore for an hour or so and had the laundry room to ourselves about two hours before docking.

Also note that the posted hours were ignored. I felt so bad for the passengers near the laundry room. There seemed to be a party there several nights, usually in Spanish.

All the staff would have to do is turn of the lights and lock the room at the posted time (with all its "contents" - cloths & people inside).

That would take care of that for next few nights.

I didn't find it to be a problem; but I was gone on excursions most of the day. While at sea, Carol did hear some conversations/arguments on occasion; but nothing that bothered us at night. It wasn't a big deal being across from the laundry room. It was real convenient for being able to just walk over and see if machines were available and carry the laundry across the hall.

The Laundry Room was great on the Quest; all machines were working and a very good iron. Just be sure to wait until the washer fills before adding the soap or you'll get spots on your clothes. BTW - The "free" bag of laundry for Club members was wonderful, the bag was pretty big and we stuffed it with everything, whites, jeans, black socks, etc............all came back (in one day) perfect. They even ironed my husband's pajamas and my nightgown, good grief, that's a first, LOL!

Oh, does the free laundry mean that Azamara launders it for you, or that there is no charge for the machines. "Club" members is everyone now, right? Since it is Azamara Club Cruises?

I really love having the iron around, I have a thing about wrinkles. (my own and my clothes!)

Archived