When is the closest to sail date did you book?

IMKTDQT810

I'm taking a step back and going to stop stressing on hoping that my sister and kids get to come on the cruise with us. Long story short she is planning on going to court next week to file a motion to take the kids on the cruise. We sail in 4 months and the motion alone will prolly take 1 month, if not longer knowing her ex.

So, I'm going to stop trying to stress and hoping it all works out she will book in enough time to make the trip. If not, all her hard work is for nothing. She doesn't care where she is as long as they are on board and was going to book an inside guarantee.

So, how close to sailing did you book and what type of category was still open TO book?

Thanks!!

I'm taking a step back and going to stop stressing on hoping that my sister and kids get to come on the cruise with us. Long story short she is planning on going to court next week to file a motion to take the kids on the cruise. We sail in 4 months and the motion alone will prolly take 1 month, if not longer knowing her ex.

So, I'm going to stop trying to stress and hoping it all works out she will book in enough time to make the trip. If not, all her hard work is for nothing. She doesn't care where she is as long as they are on board and was going to book an inside guarantee.

So, how close to sailing did you book and what type of category was still open TO book?

Thanks!!

Our November Destiny Cruise we booked in September...2 inside rooms. Our upcoming March Ruby Cruise we booked last week...1 balcony room.

Edited by Warm Breezes

Thanks!!

I've booked the day before departure. Unless you're flying Southwest your real problem is airfare.

Going on a cruise on 2/9 with my in-laws who are coming into town from Korea. We live in the DC area so there was really only one cruise we could make it on without figuring out four flights down to florida and back. Booked 1/11 two extended balcony rooms exactly one room apart (which is what we wanted).

I just booked online two days ago (a "Pack and go" rate). It was 9 days out from sail date. I think you can book right up to two days before online, as long as there are cabins available of course. Who knows, maybe she'll get a great last minute deal ;)

Great, thank you for the info.

She would be driving and I already have a hotel booked that will accommodate all 6 of us. I did that on purpose to cover my basis!

I have been non-stop trying to help her get info to make it easy for her Ex to just sign and be done with it...but nope, he's not going to make it easy. She thinks he will drag this out and they won't be going. I'm hoping, for once, she is wrong....but who knows. I'm done stressing over it!

We used to book about 4 months out. A couple of years ago we did a pack and go that was less than 30 days out. Now that future cruise certificates are a thing of the past... Our planning must be more precise. Last year aboard the dream we booked the paradise for December. Then in December we booked the dream repositioning for this April. I much prefer our wait this time over last... That was the furthest out we had ever booked.

I just booked online two days ago (a "Pack and go" rate). It was 9 days out from sail date. I think you can book right up to two days before online, as long as there are cabins available of course. Who knows, maybe she'll get a great last minute deal ;)

I just booked a Pack & Go Balcony Guarantee for the Pride 9 days before we sail on February 9th--next Sunday. Yikes! I better get packing. But I keep checking the website to see if my room has been assigned. This is my first time I've ever booked a guarantee room, however, I have booked 3 or 4 cruises (w/ Carnival) that were 10 days or less until sailing.

Thanks!!

Last year first week of April we booked our 4th cruise under 2 weeks of sailing. We usually book inside rooms. One of our favorite cruises! :D

I have booked less than a month out.

Will they be triple occupancy? Sometimes those rooms are more limited as you get close to sail date. I don't know if you want to change your booking to a quad adding one of her children to your cabin. Then she could find a double occupancy cabin easily once she was done in court. Unfortunately, If the courts did not approve it, you would be out the 4th person fare.