Constellation - Best Deck 11 cabin?

Jo42

I understand some deck 11 cabins have slightly bigger balconies than others on Constellation? Which cabins, in your opinion, are better than others (there are NO aft cabins available, only Port or Starboard. I would prefer Deck 11 rather than 9 to avoid the overhang.

This will be our first AQ experience and are shifting a previously booked cruise to this one so I just need to decide on the cabin choice.

thank you :)

We have liked 1110 which had a regular balcony. If you look on the floorplans of the ships, you can see the balcony size variations - the differences are slight but with careful scrutiny you should be able to figure out which is which (I would tell you if I could, but I only remember the one). None of the side balconies are larger than normal, but some are a little smaller.

BTW, we love staying in the deck 11 cabins. One downside - unless you come up by rear stairs or elevators, you will need to walk outside to get to the cabins. But as long as you remember that, it is a very slight inconvenience for what we feel otherwise are great cabin locations. You also may get some noise from the movies shown on the deck above - we have never found it to be disrupting but occasionally some have complained. Our experience on several sailings has been that it is more like a muffled background noise which never bothered us on our balcony. There is no overhang - you may find that a blessing or a curse depending what you like. Also, if sailing to a warm area, the rooms are a little warmer than some cabins as there is no overhang to protect against the sun. On the plus side - more quiet overall as few cabins in that area, very easy access to the rear elevators, dining rooms, buffet, etc.. Our favorite AQ locations.

We loved the location of cabin 1101 but they use a service elevator down by cabin 1109 to bring carts from the main kitchen to The Tuscan Grill that was added on deck 11. All late afternoon to early evening the carts roll down the hall out the door by 1101 to the outside deck down to the restaurant, the door opens and slams shut. Maybe stay away from all the odd number cabins from 1101 down to 1109. I understand the A1 cabins are larger than the A2 cabin's but I am not certain of this.

We loved the location of cabin 1101 but they use a service elevator down by cabin 1109 to bring carts from the main kitchen to The Tuscan Grill that was added on deck 11. All late afternoon to early evening the carts roll down the hall out the door by 1101 to the outside deck down to the restaurant, the door opens and slams shut. Maybe stay away from all the odd number cabins from 1101 down to 1109. I understand the A1 cabins are larger than the A2 cabin's but I am not certain of this.

A1's are not larger than A2's. It is all about location (and I think the cabins on the aft have larger balconies)

Yes the aft cabins have larger balconies. We have been in 1114 and 1116. The cabins are in a great location. Take the back stairs right down to the OVC or the aft bar. The elevator takes you right down to Blu.

You want 1139, 1140 or 1141. Those are the rear facing cabins with much larger balconies. 1140 has the largest, but it's view to the sides is blocked by dividers. We prefer 1139 or 1141.

The other 11th deck cabins have the same size balconies as all the other aqua class cabins, but they have limited cover. Of course the other A cabins on deck 9 all have complete, some say too much, cover.

I understand some deck 11 cabins have slightly bigger balconies than others on Constellation? Which cabins, in your opinion, are better than others (there are NO aft cabins available, only Port or Starboard. I would prefer Deck 11 rather than 9 to avoid the overhang.

This will be our first AQ experience and are shifting a previously booked cruise to this one so I just need to decide on the cabin choice.

thank you :)

They would be 1114 and 1116 in the middle of the AQ1 side facing staterooms. The same for the opposite side of the ship. Not sure of those numbers. We have been booked in 1116. The balconies are only about a foot wider than the other side facing AQ's.

You want 1139, 1140 or 1141. Those are the rear facing cabins with much larger balconies. 1140 has the largest, but it's view to the sides is blocked by dividers. We prefer 1139 or 1141.

The other 11th deck cabins have the same size balconies as all the other aqua class cabins, but they have limited cover. Of course the other A cabins on deck 9 all have complete, some say too much, cover.

I think you mean 1138. 1140 or 1141. 1139 is the last cabin on the side.

The reason I was so positive that you meant 1138 is that we had it booked for 30 days on Connie and had to cancel a month before sailing. I'm still following the ship and jealous of the people who are now in that cabin instead of us!

They would be 1114 and 1116 in the middle of the AQ1 side facing staterooms. The same for the opposite side of the ship. Not sure of those numbers. We have been booked in 1116. The balconies are only about a foot wider than the other side facing AQ's.

1116 and 1118 actually. We were in 1118 recently. These two cabins have balconies which protruded further than any cabin on that side.

• 3 months later...
Thank you everyone. We picked 1118. I am sure we will be very happy. :cool: Looking forward to our first trip on Constellation and to India! Thanks again.

Have you sailed on Constellation yet? If so, would like to know what you thought of your cabin. Were there any problems with soot, noise from the movies above etc? I am looking at booking 1116 as 1118 is not available on my cruise and am hoping that the noise is not a big problem.

1116 and 1118 actually. We were in 1118 recently. These two cabins have balconies which protruded further than any cabin on that side.

Jo42

Thank you everyone. We picked 1118. I am sure we will be very happy. clear.png?emoji-cool-1690 Looking forward to our first trip on Constellation and to India! Thanks again.

I just read a review of someone that was in 1118 two years ago and reported bed bugs. Did anyone have any trouble? I assume when bed bugs are reported, that the entire stateroom is cleaned out...new mattress, etc?

Well, despite lack of feedback, we went ahead and booked 1118 for a cruise next spring. Hope there are no more problems with the stateroom. :rolleyes:

As I mentioned before, I have been reading older reviews. One such review was from June 2017. It mentioned that the Mast Grill had been turned into a Gourmet Burger station where there was a charge for hamburgers and hotdogs. As I recall, it was a Celebrity test. Are they still charging?

And what about noise up there from the movie screen and entertainment?

Well, despite lack of feedback, we went ahead and booked 1118 for a cruise next spring. Hope there are no more problems with the stateroom. :rolleyes:

As I mentioned before, I have been reading older reviews. One such review was from June 2017. It mentioned that the Mast Grill had been turned into a Gourmet Burger station where there was a charge for hamburgers and hotdogs. As I recall, it was a Celebrity test. Are they still charging?

And what about noise up there from the movie screen and entertainment?

I can't comment on the Mast Grill situation on Constellation but I am interested since I will be sailing on Connie next September. I know - lots of things can change between now and then.

I can tell you that the Mast Grill with free burgers, veggie burgers, turkey burgers and hotdogs was alive and well on Eclipse in July. So, I think the experiment quickly came to an end.

I am truly puzzled about the posts re: noise from the movie screen since the late night movie screenings on Reflection have made use of the silent disco head sets. I learned this just yesterday after posting my suggestion that the head sets be used for the movie screenings.

Why wouldn't this be the norm for all of the movie screenings. If there is concern about head sets walking off, they could simply check them out to guests - and allow them to return the head sets when they no longer want/need them. If they don't get turned in, they can charge guests for the headsets. This would eliminate the noise pollution and make the folks on deck 11 much happier about paying $$$$ for the privilege of being in a A1 cabin.

I'd love to see a grass roots campaign inundate Celebrity corporate with the suggestion -- and press the issue on these boards too -- until they make that change. Are you with me??

• 4 years later...
On 4/24/2018 at 10:29 AM, Jo42 said:

Thank you everyone. We picked 1118. I am sure we will be very happy. 🆒 Looking forward to our first trip on Constellation and to India! Thanks again.

I know this is old, but if you are still on here, how was this cabin? Also, do you know if the dividers in these cabins (specifically 1112-1122) are able to open if you are with a group?