Taxi tour Barbados

Marple Sue

We will have a day in Barbados (Sunday) and I have researched places I would like to visit on an island tour. I don't want to pay in advance, which taxi websites seem to require you to do). Any tips for best way to find a reliable taxi on arrival would be appreciated. Costs per hour too? Thanks.

We were in Barbados December 23rd. We wanted to do a taxi tour to kill a few hours before our flight home. Minimum price we could find was $50 per hour with a three hour minimum. There is nothing inexpensive in Bridgetown.

We had a blast with Sanjay Kini in November. He will make sure you get to see all you hope to see and more. He will make suggestions and take you there, or you can tell him where you want to go. We asked him for a local lunch spot and he took us there - we were having such a great time, we invited him to join us!

You will LOVE your day with him. He is a true gentleman and so very kind - will take you anywhere you want to go.

Two years ago, I believe he charged us $45.00 USD per person for 4 people (so $90.00/couple), and we were out with him for about 6 hours (a little longer than planned but he didn't mind). We tipped him as well; each couple gave him $110.00 and yes, he has an air conditioned van.

His e-mail is barbadosfun@gmail.com and he will get back to you soon. He doesn't require a deposit and in fact, we paid him at the end of our day.

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, if you mean a Sunday coming up soon - and I see it could be this month judging from your other posts, he is most likely already booked. We booked him 6 months out. Sorry.

We were in Barbados December 23rd. We wanted to do a taxi tour to kill a few hours before our flight home. Minimum price we could find was $50 per hour with a three hour minimum. There is nothing inexpensive in Bridgetown.

Wow - much more expensive than what four of us found in October by just asking a couple of taxis - $25 pp for a two-hour tour.

Wow - much more expensive than what four of us found in October by just asking a couple of taxis - $25 pp for a two-hour tour.

Ours was $20 per person and the driver didn't charge for our two youngest kids. We were a party of nine so maybe that made it worth it for him to charge less.