Condition of Noordam

olya1972

Thanks! I may be seen lurking about on deck 6 waiting for the steward to go in and clean the room. [emoji51] Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haha! Stalker potential! Have fun!

I’m on it! Stay tuned for as many answers and I can get for you! I have been wondering about the pool, myself. This will be our first cool weather cruise. [emoji848]

Good Morning All, These are great questions, thank you for being willing to get answers. I did call Holland America about the flat screen TV when the dry dock was postponed. They assured me that all cabins now have new flat screen TV. Hoping!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise making great memories, Carlotta

We will be in room 8058. Looks to be a good midship location.

We will be spending 38 nights in the same room on a cruise to New Zealand in October. We booked it because it is supposedly a BIG inside room. Our concern about the location is it is under the Lido deck and we wondered if it would be noisy. Also we can’t figure out what is beside it because it is by itself. Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Enjoy your cruise. Smooth sailing.

Good Morning All, These are great questions, thank you for being willing to get answers. I did call Holland America about the flat screen TV when the dry dock was postponed. They assured me that all cabins now have new flat screen TV. Hoping!!!!

The TVs did not strike me as being new flat screens. My room had a flat screen with relatively small screen looked to be an older model. Certainly not had quality.

We will be spending 38 nights in the same room on a cruise to New Zealand in October. We booked it because it is supposedly a BIG inside room. Our concern about the location is it is under the Lido deck and we wondered if it would be noisy. Also we can’t figure out what is beside it because it is by itself. Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Enjoy your cruise. Smooth sailing.

8058 is a Signature suite with balcony next to two other cabins the same. Are we talking about the same room?

Yes it is located under the Lido deck but I heard it wasn't too noisy.

8058 is a Signature suite with balcony next to two other cabins the same. Are we talking about the same room?

Yes it is located under the Lido deck but I heard it wasn't too noisy.

Oops my mistake. We are in 8056. Probably across the hall. Enjoy your suite!

One quick question about onboard accounts. We normally put down cash for our onboard account, but have never sailed HAL before so I’m not sure what their policy is. We always pre-purchase our drink packages so we don’t normally have a lot of expenses other than gratuities and the occasional specialty dining. Has anyone used a cash account before on HAL?

One quick question about onboard accounts. We normally put down cash for our onboard account, but have never sailed HAL before so I’m not sure what their policy is. We always pre-purchase our drink packages so we don’t normally have a lot of expenses other than gratuities and the occasional specialty dining. Has anyone used a cash account before on HAL?

I am awaiting my first cruise on HAL in June, but I did see on the Check in page the option to choose cash for your onboard account. Don't recall what the wording below it was, but the option is there.

I am awaiting my first cruise on HAL in June, but I did see on the Check in page the option to choose cash for your onboard account. Don't recall what the wording below it was, but the option is there.

Thanks! I went in and it was indeed there! They ask you to bring $60 USD/person/day to Guest Services after boarding. Quite different than RCCL, but not a problem.

Thanks for sharing that info, hope that is the case! Wonder if the flat screens come with on-demand, and if so will there still be a dvd player available. Not in any way a deal-breaker, of course!:)

Edited: just read RDC1's post about the flat screens not necessarily being new, but that's okay, must be better than CRT anyway :)

Thanks for sharing that info' date=' hope that is the case! Wonder if the flat screens come with on-demand, and if so will there still be a dvd player available. Not in any way a deal-breaker, of course!:)

Edited: just read RDC1's post about the flat screens not necessarily being new, but that's okay, must be better than CRT anyway :)[/quote']

No on demand, but did have DVD player.

No on demand, but did have DVD player.

good, thanks, might pack my son's favorite cartoon--Octonauts (they go all over the world in an underwater vessel, helping various sea creatures), perfect for a cruise!

Last year they were the very small about 20” flat front TVs that were probably original. Definitely not the large updated wall mounted interactive TVs. They are mounted on the desk so also not the best viewing. But hey if it’s Alaska, look outside!

Last year they were the very small about 20” flat front TVs that were probably original. Definitely not the large updated wall mounted interactive TVs. They are mounted on the desk so also not the best viewing. But hey if it’s Alaska, look outside!

Definitely, not planning on being couch-potatoes on the ship, we'll be spending plenty of time on deck :)

good' date=' thanks, might pack my son's favorite cartoon--Octonauts (they go all over the world in an underwater vessel, helping various sea creatures), perfect for a cruise![/quote']

They had a book of movies on DVD you could request and have delivered to the cabin at no charge.

According to my TA and ship services the Noordam is due for a major dry dock around September 2019. That is when it will get the interactive TVs, updating in the rooms etc. I switched my cruise on the Noordam to the NA until her dry dock is completed. Also, I really want to try the Tamarind and NY pizza!

Just home from 2 weeks on the Noordam. After reading some of this post and others before we left, I was a little concerned. Absolutely no need for that concern! The carpet was spotless and properly stretched; no holes in curtains or furniture. The entire ship was clean and in good condition, although our balcony furniture could have been fresher. We had a wonderful time on a wonderful, albeit not new, ship. I have no hesitation in a strong positive recommendation. I’m happy to answer any questions!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are Booked in a Neptune Suite on deck 6 as well. Can you post any pictures for us?

Just home May 6 from 8 day Honolulu to Vancouver cruise on the Noordam - balcony room 5025.

a few thoughts....

1. ship looking a bit tired - but only small details in need of repair such as some stained cushions in Lido.

2. fully stocked, popular library still.

3. small 20" flat screen tv and dvd player on counter (not on wall).

4. good movies in Vista Lounge, free popcorn.

5. good entertainment and lots to do sea days.

6. Dive In - still the Best hamburgers!

......still the absolute best exceptional service that keeps us coming back!

For those on Noordam at the moment, is it possible to obtain a wine list please? We are cruising on her from Sydney next year, looking forward to it, haven't been on HAL for a few years.

Hey! Here is a wine list from the Crow’s Nest. I will grab shots of others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using ForumsIMG_4367.thumb.JPG.f860b6e261822f5e355949b97c2deb18.JPG

Just home May 6 from 8 day Honolulu to Vancouver cruise on the Noordam - balcony room 5025.

a few thoughts....

1. ship looking a bit tired - but only small details in need of repair such as some stained cushions in Lido.

2. fully stocked, popular library still.

3. small 20" flat screen tv and dvd player on counter (not on wall).

4. good movies in Vista Lounge, free popcorn.

5. good entertainment and lots to do sea days.

6. Dive In - still the Best hamburgers!

......still the absolute best exceptional service that keeps us coming back!

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to our 1st cruise on the Noordam next month!