Transatlantic question

albingirl

Hi everyone, last time we took a transatlantic, we didn't need a flight at the end. This time we do. Our flight, in Ft. Lauderdale is for one o'clock. Now, I remember customs took a long time last time. Will we be able to make the flight?

Hi everyone, last time we took a transatlantic, we didn't need a flight at the end. This time we do. Our flight, in Ft. Lauderdale is for one o'clock. Now, I remember customs took a long time last time. Will we be able to make the flight?

1pm would be a perfect time for a flight.

Hank

I went on a TA this past November, and I had Global Entry. It took me right to the front of the lines. Having Global Entry and TSA Precheck has dramatically shortened the time I spend in lines.

I went on a TA this past November, and I had Global Entry. It took me right to the front of the lines. Having Global Entry and TSA Precheck has dramatically shortened the time I spend in lines.

Don't count on Global Entry, however. We returned in November from a TA, and it wasn't open at FLL. But it was nonetheless a quick re-entry.

In Tampa, if you hire a porter with a hand-truck to carry your luggage, they will take you to a porter's only line, which is very short. These porters cannot load your luggage onto their carts and kill 45 minutes waiting in line for you to clear immigration and customs. They would hardly be able to make any money. So they have an expedited line. You should tip them $20 or more depending on the number and size of your bags, but you zip through. That may be the same in Ft. Lauderdale's Port Everglades.