Studio Rooms on the Escape

aceparty

I have sailed studio on Epic, Getaway and Escape I have found the best prices for a studio is early, have only seen them rise last minute. On the slip side, I have seen solo supplement drop significantly for other categories so deals can be found last minute as well. Debbie

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

There have been sold out cruises this month. So the ship will eventually fill up.

You have cruises enough to advise her on the possibility of major price drops. If she is going to obcess about every $10 change in price, then wait until you are closer to cruise, always risking an increase if the ship fills up.

I don't see the prices being that much better, just from cruise history, but I've never stayed in a studio before. If I went single I've stayed in a Inside or Balcony booking last minute. Maybe in the studio she'll meet more people.

Since you're so far out, if you see a price that works, book it. As long as you're not past the final payment date, if your friend sees a significantly lower price for a studio they should be able to call NCL to cancel and rebook at the same rate. But keep in mind that means any perks they received at booking (beverage package, onboard credit, etc.) will be replaced by the current promotions.

How fast do Studio Rooms fill up? We are going next January and a friend wants to come, but have her own room. Should she book now or wait for a cheaper price?

Studio rooms don't really go down, that I've seen.

(Just booked one about four weeks in advance for Escape. $1049. I don't think anyone sees anything under $999 for seven days on Escape, but I don't know how low prices went in the immediate hurricane aftermath.)

She booked today. $2099 for 14 day cruise.

I think that was a good decision- my Studio for May was $1,099 when I booked a year ahead and has gradually increased to $1,499 until it sold out. One became available at $1,599. The pricing is so different from years ago when you could actually upgrade from a Studio the week before even.

Another example, Alaska Bliss studios, which were high to begin with at around $1,700 have gone to $2,200+

• 2 weeks later...

my friend and I booked studios on Escape...we booked them March 2017 for a May 2018 sailing (over a year in advance)...the price was $1099 for a 7 night sailing....the price has only gone up....as of today, the price is $1599....I haven't seen studio cabins on any sailing for less than $1099 for 7 nights...so, I'm happy with that price...

my friend and I booked studios on Escape...we booked them March 2017 for a May 2018 sailing (over a year in advance)...the price was $1099 for a 7 night sailing....the price has only gone up....as of today, the price is $1599....I haven't seen studio cabins on any sailing for less than $1099 for 7 nights...so, I'm happy with that price...

I got a studio cabin in December for $699 with the drink package included.

I got a studio cabin in December for $699 with the drink package included.

Early December is always cheap, and that season was dealing with the fallout of all the hurricanes.

I booked a studio on Escape a few weeks ago for next week. The remaining studios are already $150 more.

Same with mine- I'm on 5/20. I ended up getting the NCL mastercard to get another $200 off so am pleased.

How fast do Studio Rooms fill up? We are going next January and a friend wants to come, but have her own room. Should she book now or wait for a cheaper price?

I recommend placing a refundable deposit on a cruise/cabin you are interested in. If the price drops before final payment is due, then call NCL and ask for the better deal. It is possible that the studios will be sold out a year or more in advance. I booked a studio on the NCL Epic 10 day cruise in January 2019 and the studios were sold out 18 months before the sailing date! There are three single groups who are all booking that particular cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Escape studios were finally sold out for my sailing about 1-2 weeks prior to cruising in January high season. The prices went up by about $100-$200 over the course of the prior two months IIRC. I would check with agents if you're going solo, I got like 5 perks thru my agent, on top of the drinks package.