Bring back Champagne ring toss

Zooguy

On both the Royal and the Regal, we participated in Champagne ring toss. This event debuted two years ago when passengers tossed a ring at one of eight bottles lined in the center of the Atrium. If you ringed the Champagne, you got to keep it.

Over the months and years, the number of bottles gradually shrunk to one. The last time I played, you tossed at a wooden steak and received an outdated Princess pocket protector.....the first person only.

It's now time to protest the shrinking of this program. Let's demand a return to the full and complete ring toss program!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Zooguy

On our last cruise they still had the champagne ring toss - it was called Champagne Hoopla in the Patter. I gave it a shot. They handed me 3 rings and I not only dropped the first on over the bottle but went ahead and tossed the other two rings just for the heck of it. The second ring went over the bottle as well. They were really surprised to have the very first ring tossed in the whole thing go over a bottle. I was extremely surprised myself - especially when I then did it a send time.

I was a winner in the sense that I won the bottle but I was a loser when I opened it up and tasted what I had won. Wow. Just wow. :eek: I have won champagne at other events a couple of times on other Princess cruises and, while it wasn't the greatest I have ever tasted, it was infinitely better than the stuff I won on Island with the ring toss.

Note: This was in late June of 2016. They had 3 bottles to give away but I was the only person to win one.

Edited by Thrak

November this year on the Star Princess there was the ring toss game to win a bottle of Champagne. They had three bottles for prizes.

The target was four posts connected as a star and each post had a different point value, 5-10-15-20.

The distance was marked off and each player had three rings to toss.

The game ended up with 4 participates doing a toss off.

Bob

I would venture to say Princess Corporate knows nothing about this and like everything else in the fleet it is handled differently on every ship. :rolleyes:

I see that as quite likely. We had a cruise where there was no daily trivia question on The Wake Show. I asked the CD (JJ Ulrich - so far my officially least favorite CD) about it and he said, "Oh, I don't do that. I need to remember to remove the slips in the library."

What happens on one ship doesn't necessarily happen on all ships in the fleet. The Champagne Hoopla and the morning daily trivia question are just a couple of examples.

Edited by Thrak

We met a purchasing agent for another cruise line.

The sparkling wine for this game that Princess call Champagne* has a wholesale cost of under $1/bottle.

Cutting back on the prize of a bottle is really not saving Princess a whole bunch of $$$.

* I would not be surprised if France sues Princess for calling this Champagne.

We met a purchasing agent for another cruise line.

The sparkling wine for this game that Princess call Champagne* has a wholesale cost of under $1/bottle.

Cutting back on the prize of a bottle is really not saving Princess a whole bunch of $$$.

* I would not be surprised if France sues Princess for calling this Champagne.

I won a bottle, opened it at a table & after one taste couldn't give the rest away. :D

On both the Royal and the Regal, we participated in Champagne ring toss. This event debuted two years ago when passengers tossed a ring at one of eight bottles lined in the center of the Atrium. If you ringed the Champagne, you got to keep it.

Over the months and years, the number of bottles gradually shrunk to one. The last time I played, you tossed at a wooden steak and received an outdated Princess pocket protector.....the first person only.

It's now time to protest the shrinking of this program. Let's demand a return to the full and complete ring toss program!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We think you have nailed it as to why there is disappearing STEAK, in the MDR.

They are all in the Atrium, waiting for a ring to be TOSSED all over them.:eek::eek:

Maybe that's why the Steaks are inedible, because they are wooden, who knows.

Edited by mrs and mrs

On last week's cruise on the Caribbean Princess, they had two champagne ring tosses. We missed the first one since it was while we were in Bonaire. More than 50 passengers signed up to do the second one on our last sea day. The staff member brought four bottles but started with three as targets. She put the fourth bottle out as a target after two bottles were won. Each person got three chances to toss the rings. By the time we went, the last two bottles were left. People won them shortly after our turns. Several people who signed up didn't get a turn.

Edited by geoherb