Hawaii??

we were looking into sailing to Hawaii in 2019 I don't know if it is another glitch in the new website or if this is accurate. Does RCI really only sail Hawaii 1 month out of the whole year? Also during that 1 month I'm only seeing 2 choices. Is that accurate?

Twice a year, April/May and then the return trip in September.

So if I'm only seeing 2 sailing for May of 2019 does that mean the rest are already booked? Or is it just an issue with the website. I know the other day every time I tried to do a search for a southern Caribbean sailing there was nothing but today I'm seeing a bunch again.

For the first time in a long time.....Celebrity is offering a 15-night Hawaii round trip from Los Angeles in October of 2019. Only 4 days in Hawaii and 10 sea days but shorter flights

I have never sailed anything but Royal Caribbean is Celebrity comparable? We were looking at 1 ways so we could spend a week in Hawaii either before or after the cruise but I'm not opposed to other cruise lines if they are as good/same Priceline as royal

So if I'm only seeing 2 sailing for May of 2019 does that mean the rest are already booked? Or is it just an issue with the website. I know the other day every time I tried to do a search for a southern Caribbean sailing there was nothing but today I'm seeing a bunch again.

The September 2019 is not being offered yet

I have never sailed anything but Royal Caribbean is Celebrity comparable? We were looking at 1 ways so we could spend a week in Hawaii either before or after the cruise but I'm not opposed to other cruise lines if they are as good/same Priceline as royal

Celebrity is owned by RC. It is often thought to be a little nicer than RC. If you have Crown and Anchor status with RC some parts are recognized by Celebrity.

For the first time in a long time.....Celebrity is offering a 15-night Hawaii round trip from Los Angeles in October of 2019. Only 4 days in Hawaii and 10 sea days but shorter flights

We just went on a Hawaii cruise on Radiance last year. Five days at sea from Hawaii to Vancouver was way more sea days in a row than we care for. The round trip on Celebrity would be way too many sea days for our preference. Sea days can be boring to some but it all depends on what you want out of your cruise.

Another consideration is the number of days spent in each port. We were lucky to have a cruise that spent 2 days each in Kauai, Maui and the Big Island. We flew to Oahu a few days early so we could spend some time on Oahu as well.

Celebrity is owned by RC. It is often thought to be a little nicer than RC. If you have Crown and Anchor status with RC some parts are recognized by Celebrity.

We went on Celebrity Reflection once and liked it. We booked it again. Is it nicer? Not in our opinion. Probably depends on what you want out of your cruise. Perhaps a little more upscale in terms of decor. The plus for us was less kids and a little more adult oriented. We didn't think the food was better but service was maybe a step up. It's generally a little more expensive as well. We like both RCI & Celebrity and intend to cruise both.

I don’t believe anyone operates one way cruises to or from Hawaii. Only NCL operates cruises that start and finish in Hawaii.

I don’t believe anyone operates one way cruises to or from Hawaii. Only NCL operates cruises that start and finish in Hawaii.

Several lines, notably Holland and Carnival, do one was repositioning cruises from the west coast to Hawaii. They move ships to Australia/ South seas in September/October, then bring them back in the spring to do Alaskan cruises in the summer. You might find something from RCI in that vein as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes Royal does one way cruises every year as they transition one or two ships between Alaska and Australia.

Yes Royal does one way cruises every year as they transition one or two ships between Alaska and Australia.

That's correct. Many lines do. RCI usually has 4 per year. Two ships re-positioning between Australia and Alaska. Alaska bound in Spring and Australia bound in Fall.

Hi Bill, you and I were on the Radiance last year from Oahu to Vancouver 12-day cruise on May 5, 2017. BTW, I will see Gary (Cruise Wizard) again on our upcoming May 6 cruise on the Oasis.

I have never sailed anything but Royal Caribbean is Celebrity comparable? We were looking at 1 ways so we could spend a week in Hawaii either before or after the cruise but I'm not opposed to other cruise lines if they are as good/same Priceline as royal[/quote

Costwise....we've noticed Celebrity is a bit more expensive for similar sailings. Celebrity is generally considered a step above RCCL....I think they are more similar than different. A big factor in this comparison is the # of days actually IN Hawaii.....