Beware of Beverage Packages

mjwandssw

Beware of Beverage Packages

I just spoke to Celebrity, and they confirmed to me that the Liquor packages are not good for the Martini Bar. This answer is different from when I purchased the packages. Not only are they restrictive to certain Bars, the packages cannot be used to make things like Bloody-Mary's etc. I canceled the premium Liquor package that I purchased for my wife, because unless you drink everything on the rocks, you won't be happy!

I think the Beer Package that I purchased for me is still a good deal.

My Cousin Just on the Solstice said she was able to get Martinis, Ceasars/ Bloody Marys, Rye and coke etc...no issues? wonder why they told you that? I had someone tell me it was only for my room I think they have no idea what they are talking about! She even had cosmos etc

My Cousin Just on the Solstice said she was able to get Martinis, Ceasars/ Bloody Marys, Rye and coke etc...no issues? wonder why they told you that? I had someone tell me it was only for my room I think they have no idea what they are talking about! She even had cosmos etc

I spoke to the manager in charge of the department this afternoon, the way she discribed it is if it has more than 1 mixer (bloody-mary, vodka cranberry w/ orange, or a martini.... especially at the Martini bar) the Liquor package doesnt apply.

seems screwy to me, but that is what she said.

liquor_hero.jpg

liquor_package_hdr.gif

Whether you choose the Classic or Premium Liquor Package, you can take advantage of an unlimited variety of the selection of spirits available onboard Celebrity, per person. Whether in a bar, lounge, or any of our restaurants, simply show your SeaPass Card to indicate your participation.

Classic Liquor Package

From the Celebrity website.

IMO Celebrity can't expect to charge what they are charging and only serve on the rocks...that is just stupid.

Hello all,

You CANNOT use your liquor package at the Martini bar. A fellow 'cruisecritic' member that we met up with was on this, and we were surprised that she had to sign and pay at the Martini bar due to paying so much for this package, but then I suppose martinis really are a mixture of other fruit juices, champagne, etc., depending on your tastes, of course. We were on the Equinox in January, by the way. Next time, I will not buy the frozen drinks package, tho: I'll be saving all my money for the Martini bar. It was fantastic!

Hello all,

You CANNOT use your liquor package at the Martini bar. A fellow 'cruisecritic' member that we met up with was on this, and we were surprised that she had to sign and pay at the Martini bar due to paying so much for this package, but then I suppose martinis really are a mixture of other fruit juices, champagne, etc., depending on your tastes, of course. We were on the Equinox in January, by the way. Next time, I will not buy the frozen drinks package, tho: I'll be saving all my money for the Martini bar. It was fantastic!

WOW, thats so Odd, My cousin did without a problem?

• Administrators

Hello Everyone!

I've received the following information from the folks over at Celebrity Cruises; this should help to clarify some points about the beverage packages:

• Beverage packages are all available in all bars, lounges and restaurants.
  • The classic liquor package entitles guests to cocktails up to $8 in price.
  • The premium liquor package entitles guests to cocktails up to $11 in price.
  • The beer package includes beers up to $6 in price.
  • All other packages are governed by products included in the package description.

The beer package will work for me. I like beer in the morning, afternoon, with dinner and in the evening. I will be using it next week on the Century. I will let you know if it works in the Martini Bar.

I've been trying to find out the price of San Pelligrino on the Century. DH and I drink 3-4 liters per day while on board. At ~$4 each it's close to break even.

would you be willing to check and report back on that also?

Bon voyage!

Hello Everyone!

I've received the following information from the folks over at Celebrity Cruises; this should help to clarify some points about the beverage packages:

• All other packages are governed by products included in the package description.

This is info I had not seen before. Thank you for posting. It looks like the start of what is sure to be a long list of "conditions" for the packages.

I did get the Frozen Drink Package for myself for an upcoming 3/28 cruise. But I think that if after getting on board I encounter problems (new problems I mean, as conditions are bound to be added and added over time) anyway I will inquire before my first drink that all the layered frozen drinks I like are included(ie. miami vice and love connection ( ;) ). If there are too many exclusions at that time I will ask for a refund of the plan before use.

Hello Everyone!

Since the premium liquor package didn't seem to be able to be used at the Martini bar, the logical question is... (and I'm scared to ask since I wanted to have a few without it costing me an arm and a leg)...

How much are martini's at the Martini bar?

Since the premium liquor package didn't seem to be able to be used at the Martini bar, the logical question is... (and I'm scared to ask since I wanted to have a few without it costing me an arm and a leg)...

How much are martini's at the Martini bar?

We paid $10.00 in December, plus $1.50 tip. They were smaller than they were on previous cruises. I didn't mind that because it was just before dinner and we always get wine with dinner. I think the price was about a dollar higher than on our previous curise.

Mary Lou

I was just talking about the drink package with a friend this evening and we were wondering if it would be worth it for our ten day cruise? Doing the math on a package that is $760, that would be $76/day in beverages. Given that we do drink our scotch on the rocks, but also like our cosmos from time to time - it might actually be worth it. If it's limited to certain areas, that might be a pain, however, and it doesn't sound like everyone is on the same page with it. Does it really include the brands they advertise on their site?

Hello all,

I guess I must have ordered the wrong martini because I wasn't impressed; found them to be overpriced and unappealing - liked the frozen drink concoctions better. We did not sit at the bar as it was always crowded but that seemed to be where all the action was!

Hannibal54, my husband Chuck will be right there with you! I got him the beer package for the exact same reason. See you Tuesday evening at 5 p.m. in the Martini Bar. I will be the one with the coke. No alcohol due to medication...but I'll still have a ton of fun.

LAF4EVER

Just off Solstice and had frozen drink package. Fantastic - anything frozen at any location on ship including dining rooms. Never any problem and never was asked to sign slip, just showed card that had package noted.

Archived