Bathroom Toiletries

CountessP

It's been a while since I've been on Celebrity, and every time I go on a cruise ship, they seem to be cutting. I'll be on the Reflection in 2 weeks, balcony, not a suite, Anything besides soap and shampoo? Moisturizer, conditioner, shower caps, anything? Also, does the shower have a bath gel dispenser or is it bar soap? Kind of effects what I bring. Info appreciated.

If you are ok with whatever toiletries you get, you will be fine. If you like specific toiletries, bring your own products. On my last cruise, I started with Gilchrist and Soames. Each time that I asked for more shampoo, etc., I got a different brand. Rather strange stuff including a shampoo conditioner combo. Never assume that you will get the same products on every cruise. That goes for hotels too. I trvel with my own shampoo and conditioner. if you like a big bar of soap, bring it.

Our last steward was stingy with the toiletries. He left 2 small bars of soap for the lavatory and shower and didn't replace them until we asked for soap. Also had to ask for moisturizing lotion. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner and use their shampoo to wash my swimsuit. I use the conditioner as a shaving gel for my legs. No shower caps, but we don't use them anyway. The cotton swab and cotton ball dispensers were removed from balcony cabins a few years ago. This last time, there were no robes in the cabin, but the steward asked if we wanted them. I don't mind bringing my own stuff, but it's nice to know in advanvce what we'll need.

• 1 month later...
I hate the smell of their toiletries!! Shampoo is OK instead of washing powder:D

Has Celebrity changed their products? When we sailed back in 2003 for our honeymoon, I really liked the scent of the toiletries, which reminded me of the sea. :)

Has Celebrity changed their products? When we sailed back in 2003 for our honeymoon, I really liked the scent of the toiletries, which reminded me of the sea. :)

Yes, I think it would be safe to assume they have changed the brand of toiletries at least once in the past 15 years. :)

Mike

The scent is lemongrass.

Yeah, that wasn't it in 2003, but as others have said, they have likely changed since then (although HAL is still using Elemis, which is what they were using when we sailed with them 10 years ago).

I can't remember the brand of the toiletries on our Solstice cruise in March / April, but they were fine - we got Shampoo / conditioner / body lotion and shower gel from memory
That memory brand is pretty good... Except I kept forgetting mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app