What's the haps with the new and improved Paradise?

Bookster99

I cruised on the Paradise post dry dock and the ship looks really good. Loved Guy's Burger, Red Frod Rum Bar and the Lido Buffet. Seaday Brunch was good in the MDR, but the dinner food sucked!

The CD 'Jamie' was ok, but if you have ever had Emma Nixon she is light-years better than Jamie.

Ask my any questions if you wish and I'll try to answer them.

I cruised on the Paradise post dry dock and the ship looks really good. Loved Guy's Burger, Red Frod Rum Bar and the Lido Buffet. Seaday Brunch was good in the MDR, but the dinner food sucked!

The CD 'Jamie' was ok, but if you have ever had Emma Nixon she is light-years better than Jamie.

May I ask what it was about the MDR dinner food that made it suck?

Thanks!

May I ask what it was about the MDR dinner food that made it suck?

Thanks!

something was wrong with our steak and prime rib on different nights that made both my wife and I sick. We ended up skipping the MDR and doing the Lido Buffet and Guy's Burger and the food tasted better and didn't make us sick the remaining days of the cruise. sorry, but if the steak taste off or the prime rib taste off and both of us are sick on different nights, something is clearly wrong.

Just off the Paradise yesterday. The ship looks great, and we had a great time. There will be a review with plenty of pictures upcoming, but since we are boarding the Conquest on Sunday, it will have to wait until we get home. :D

We are sailing on Monday the 23 April. I plan on having a great time. My experience has been I find what I'm looking for, my attitude is what determines weather I'm having a positive or negative adventure. I don't spend my hard earned money to look for things that are wrong, I'm really sorry if other cruisers do.

Just off the Paradise yesterday. The ship looks great, and we had a great time. There will be a review with plenty of pictures upcoming, but since we are boarding the Conquest on Sunday, it will have to wait until we get home. :D

Looking forward to reading your review. Thank you!

We just cruised Paradise had one of the new aft balcony cabins loved it! Bed was comfy had mini fridge new everything. Thought food was yummy the pool Mexican buffet was awesome great tacos, burritos and huge taco salads they also serve breakfast yummy huevos rancheros and breakfast burritos all redecorated had picnic benches and new high tops by the pool bar. The pool looks bigger and less kids since they have the new water park. I met someone who had a room on the new 14th floor he said it still has that new smell he was the first in the room. The staff was super nice I know it's a training boat but for the waiter to sit down and cut my 8 year old daughters steak wow. This is our 3rd time I would say biggest changes pool area, rooms, water park, miniature golf and kids ocean club

Could you tell if the walls are metal & usable with magnetic hooks?

Thanks! I am now even more excited about our July cruise! What were the cabins like? I hear they upgraded the plugs, so you can now plug in your USB devices by the bed. What else was new to you?

something was wrong with our steak and prime rib on different nights that made both my wife and I sick. We ended up skipping the MDR and doing the Lido Buffet and Guy's Burger and the food tasted better and didn't make us sick the remaining days of the cruise. sorry, but if the steak taste off or the prime rib taste off and both of us are sick on different nights, something is clearly wrong.

outside of the burger bar and the cantina, avoid the beef: Check.

We just cruised Paradise had one of the new aft balcony cabins loved it! Bed was comfy had mini fridge new everything.

We have a hold on one of the aft balcony cabins. Deck 6. Any comments on noise (engine) and movement? Will be our first aft cabin and first time on Carnival. Thanks much.

Just off the Paradise today from a short cruise to Cuba. We were on a back to back on the MIRACLE from April 14th to the 29th. We love Carnival and loved the cruise to Cuba but the Paradise was disappointing to us. Our MDR waitstaff seemed overworked so they were incredibly slow. They performed their duties but without the smiles and fun attitude that was ever present on the Miracle. The bathroom had almost no counter space to put toiletries. Only one side of the bed had a nightstand. There was not a chair in the room other than the small hassock. We had a great big flat screen tv which was nice but it was mounted right at the end of the bed so I had to maneuver to miss hitting it with my head during a middle of the night bathroom run. There was also no longer a desk with drawers, just a cubbyhole area to store your clothes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums