Lotus Spa Thermal Suite

janetcbl

We'll be in a full suite. So, do we still have to go get a sticker for our cruise card?

I wouldn't count on being guaranteed admittance to the thermal suite just based on being in a full suite. The first time we were in a full suite we stopped by the spa just to find out what the deal was and the staff commented that it was good that we stopped by early as they do run out of space/stickers. We were given a sticker that time and the next time we were in a full suite. As seems to be the case with most Princess things, procedures are not followed the same way on all ships.

Jackie

I wouldn't count on being guaranteed admittance to the thermal suite just based on being in a full suite. The first time we were in a full suite we stopped by the spa just to find out what the deal was and the staff commented that it was good that we stopped by early as they do run out of space/stickers. We were given a sticker that time and the next time we were in a full suite. As seems to be the case with most Princess things, procedures are not followed the same way on all ships.

Jackie

I think a lot of that has to do with Steiner--- :rolleyes:

Jackie

Ok, thanks for the info! We will definitely stop by the spa to inquire and not assume. :)

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but....

On our April 1, 2018 cruise on the Caribbean Princess, we were told that the thermal suite benefit for a full suite was one day of use and that it must be on a port day. I actually asked twice as I was expecting a "length of cruise" pass as described above.

The listing of suite benefits states "access to thermal suite," but doesn't state how much assess that it.

I've enjoyed the similar area on other cruise lines, so was somewhat disappointed that the benefit appeared to have been reduced.

I have never once gotten a sticker on my card. They take my card at the desk and see it says suite. Since it is a written suite perk they would never turn you away but the 5 or 6 ceramic hot beds might be full and you might have to come back. On all the ships I have sailed on the thermal suite is interior, no outside lighting. Only on NCL was it in front of a full length window overlooking the ocean and had a fountain for the soothing effort of hearing the water. I always wear my clothes because i don't swim and don't have a bathing suit. I put a towel down the length of the tiles and a folded up towel under my head and am napping for a half hour. When I leave they give me my cruise card back.

Here's what it has on the select a cabin page

• Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite 3

3. Not available on Royal, Regal, Majestic, Golden, Grand, Pacific, Sun, or Sea

I have never once gotten a sticker on my card. They take my card at the desk and see it says suite. Since it is a written suite perk they would never turn you away but the 5 or 6 ceramic hot beds might be full and you might have to come back. On all the ships I have sailed on the thermal suite is interior, no outside lighting. Only on NCL was it in front of a full length window overlooking the ocean and had a fountain for the soothing effort of hearing the water. I always wear my clothes because i don't swim and don't have a bathing suit. I put a towel down the length of the tiles and a folded up towel under my head and am napping for a half hour. When I leave they give me my cruise card back.

Here's what it has on the select a cabin page

• Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite 3

3. Not available on Royal, Regal, Majestic, Golden, Grand, Pacific, Sun, or Sea

This is exactly what I expected to happen. Instead, I was told one day only and on a port day.

We had a full suite on a 8 day cruise and I went to the Thermal Suite everyday! No one refused me[emoji16]. It does State "access to thermal suite" for suite passengers. I did read mini suites can go if there is room. The Lotus Spa never looked all that busy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

If this is the same as the Caribbean Princess' Thermal Suite, then it is very nice. For non-suite passengers the charge was $199 per couple for a 7 day cruise. It had 5 heated loungers, two special showers, and two types of saunas. Well worth the $199 for us, especially the loungers, although I had a hard time keeping awake. The saunas were too hot for us, but we have never been big sauna fans. We would definitely rebook the Thermal Suite the next time.

5 Heated lounges for everyone to share? Do they limit your time on it or do you make an appointment for time on them?

5 Heated lounges for everyone to share? Do they limit your time on it or do you make an appointment for time on them?
Neither, however we have usually not had to wait for a lounger. The only real problem was a few years ago when a dance instructing couple had access and would sit and read books on two off the loungers for more than an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a full suite on a 8 day cruise and I went to the Thermal Suite everyday! No one refused me[emoji16]. It does State "access to thermal suite" for suite passengers. I did read mini suites can go if there is room. The Lotus Spa never looked all that busy.

I get it, and we were in a full suite. I didn't push the issue beyond what the Passenger Services desk and the spa lady told me.

Neither, however we have usually not had to wait for a lounger. The only real problem was a few years ago when a dance instructing couple had access and would sit and read books on two off the loungers for more than an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I last sailed with Princess in 2012 I was in a minisuite and purchased a spa pass for the length of the cruise to primarily use the heated loungers for 15-20 minutes a day as I have a bad back and these really help ease the pain. I encountered the same people every day camping out on the loungers for multiple hours at a time, and for that reason I did not have much opportunity to use the loungers. This is not unique to Princess as I encountered the same on the NCL Breakaway and that ship has about 15 loungers. Unfortunately not much can be done about inconsiderate spa lounger hogs, and for that reason I no longer purchase spa passes and get a massage or two instead.

Whatever you read is wrong. Mini suites do not get TS access, even if there is room. Other than full suite passengers, everyone needs to pay for TS access and you pay for the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums