My Wife

Thad409

My wife is my best friend and I love her with all my heart,weve been married 19 years in may. I want to make this cruise special. On our last cruise I was going to give her a much deserved upgrade on her wedding ring, but the finances wernt in place, so this time the ring has been bought and now I need recomendations on how to surpprise her and make it as special as possible. Thanks for any input.

Edited by Thad409

maybe talk to the cruise director and renew your vows. You can ask her to marry you all over again and have a ceremony.

if you go this route, you can ask her to marry you again on stage at one of the games shows (if you can work it out with the CD). Maybe go into the hairy chest contest and then ask her in front of everyone.

renewing vows costs a lot of money. Cruise directors do not set that up. Its something that is set up with someone else.

But I second the reservation on the steak house.. what ship are you sailing?

Depends on your wife. Is she the type that would like you to propose on the morning show in front of God and everyone or is she more private?

I know if my husband was planning something like this I'd much prefer it to be private.

But either way yeah for men who love and appreciate their wives instead of calling them ball and chain. :D

I proposed on a cruise to my fiancé last June. I did it in the cabin, but had arranged for flowers and so on to be in there with a note setting up the proposal. So as she read the note I got on one knee behind her and when she turned around, voila!

I also considered the steakhouse and what I knew was going to be her favorite excursion (a beach hopping boat ride with lobster and champagne), but I went with the cabin because it could be done while we were still in port. That way we could call friends and family for a couple hours before mustering without having to make the calls over the satellite links.

So here's my suggestion- if the proposal / renewal will prompt a bunch of phone calls, do it in US waters (it's a renewal, so maybe not). Otherwise pick what you think will be the most romantic excursion and do it then.

If you are MD people you can also contact the MATIR'D ( spelling ) We were there one night & knew something was going on Photo in place Matir'd in place served her desert when he took the lid off it was written in choc WILL YOU MARRY ME OH yes THE DIAMOND WAS ON THE PLATE.

Not planned was they were seated at one of the small tables & the couple right next to them had been married 62 years that day.

A lot of tears flowed from us older ones.

Char

If you are MD people you can also contact the MATIR'D ( spelling ) We were there one night & knew something was going on Photo in place Matir'd in place served her desert when he took the lid off it was written in choc WILL YOU MARRY ME OH yes THE DIAMOND WAS ON THE PLATE.

Not planned was they were seated at one of the small tables & the couple right next to them had been married 62 years that day.

A lot of tears flowed from us older ones.

Char

Something like that happened on one of our cruises. We were in the upper level of the dining room looking over and the matre'd was in on it and came over to us and told us what table to watch and what was going to happen. I think the maitre'd was as excited as they were.

Laura

Some great ideas on here already. We renewed on vows for our 10th on a beach in Maui, so maybe something on a beach in one of your ports? Draw a heart in the sand when shes not looking and place the ring in it and get down on one knee. You can add more flare to it with the locals as you see fit (music, flowers, full blown vow renewal, etc).

Another thought....you can have the room decorated ahead of time celebrating your love for her and once she starts gushing over that, bend down on one knee and present the ring :)

^^^This!^^^ I agree. A private moment would be best.

Edited by JimAOk1945

During formal photos. That way you have a photographer handy to capture the memories!

Like this. Thanks Also we will not be alone our 8 yo DS will be with us. He is our whole life , we adopted him at 2 years of age ,we still don't know if we saved him or he saved us ,probably the latter. So I wouldn't mind if he was part of the surprise. Thanks for all the input please keep them coming.

Edited by Thad409