Shore Excursions on NCL website

megreedy

I have cruised with NCL before and was able to see many different shore excursions listed on the website. However, I am booked for a cruise in March 2018 and only 5 shore excursions are coming up on my account? That doesn't seem right at all. Can anyone shed some light.

More should be added over the next month or so. The same thing happened when I last cruised - there were only a handful added at a time, I guess as they were each negotiated or logistics worked out. I am cruising in early January and am still waiting for some excursions to post.

We sail in less than two weeks and there are way less than normal posted There was a message on the site that said more will be available onboard....we shall see. None have been posted for Jamaica.

There were 34 posted tops and now there are about 24....not sure which ones disappeared.

I think they are having a hard time with the rerouted cruises and that may be delaying later cruises from having excursions posted.

Perhaps too many cruisers took the $50 per cabin excursion credit, and this is NCL's way of limiting payout. There are five excursions posted for our milk run (Port Canaveral, Miami, GSC and Nassau). It's not like NCL has never been to these ports, or a "new" excursion will unexpectedly be discovered.

Perhaps too many cruisers took the $50 per cabin excursion credit, and this is NCL's way of limiting payout. There are five excursions posted for our milk run (Port Canaveral, Miami, GSC and Nassau). It's not like NCL has never been to these ports, or a "new" excursion will unexpectedly be discovered.

No, it isn't. I'm thinking the department is underwater with all the new contracts to be set up.

Hope you are cruising for the ship and days at sea because that itinerary doesn't seem to have a lot of possibiities in the excursion department.

We sail in less than two weeks and there are way less than normal posted There was a message on the site that said more will be available onboard....we shall see. None have been posted for Jamaica.

There were 34 posted tops and now there are about 24....not sure which ones disappeared.

I think they are having a hard time with the rerouted cruises and that may be delaying later cruises from having excursions posted.

I keep checking a couple of times a day for Jamaica and this morning it's down to 20 posted....still haven't figured out what is disappearing as the ones I bought are still there. Several of those still there are for Miami post-cruise.

I keep checking a couple of times a day for Jamaica and this morning it's down to 20 posted....still haven't figured out what is disappearing as the ones I bought are still there. Several of those still there are for Miami post-cruise.

Quoting / replying to your own posts is the second sign of madness.

I spoke to Excursions Rep. the other day. He said once you pick an excursion for a certain port, the others will "disappear" for that port so you can't book another excursion in error. The only time other excursions will remain, is when they are a different time (for example, if you picked a short A.M. excursion, a short P.M. excursion will remain open). So, if you picked an excursion already for a certain port, that may be why you don't see any others listed for that port. Also, if you are using the $50 excursion credit, you have to call by phone, you can't book online.

They are doing yours favor usually you will get a better tour for less money on your own. Research the ports and look independent tour operators. I took a cruise to Alaska on Celebrity and the onboard naturalist took the independent tour I did vs going on the shipboard one!

They are doing yours favor usually you will get a better tour for less money on your own. Research the ports and look independent tour operators. I took a cruise to Alaska on Celebrity and the onboard naturalist took the independent tour I did vs going on the shipboard one!

it depends. some tour operators only do contracts with the cruise ship and will not let you book directly with them. Due to this, you are sometimes forced to book ship excursions.

I spoke to Excursions Rep. the other day. He said once you pick an excursion for a certain port, the others will "disappear" for that port so you can't book another excursion in error. The only time other excursions will remain, is when they are a different time (for example, if you picked a short A.M. excursion, a short P.M. excursion will remain open). So, if you picked an excursion already for a certain port, that may be why you don't see any others listed for that port. Also, if you are using the $50 excursion credit, you have to call by phone, you can't book online.

Ok, well that makes sense. I couldn't figure out why all of the Grand Cayman excursions disappeared after I booked one. Great info, thanks!

That sounds good....although in our case the others have not disappeared for the ports we've booked. SIL called yesterday and was told they disappear after they are filled.

Quoting / replying to your own posts is the second sign of madness.

You could be right. This whole business of going on a cruise I did not book is driving me crazy. The private excursions I'd booked are gone...along with the poor providers' livlihoods...so am trying to book ship's excursions for the new ports and checking multiple times per day to see if the port I need is added. People had to act fast to get some of the limited ones.

You could be right. This whole business of going on a cruise I did not book is driving me crazy. The private excursions I'd booked are gone...along with the poor providers' livlihoods...so am trying to book ship's excursions for the new ports and checking multiple times per day to see if the port I need is added. People had to act fast to get some of the limited ones.

You can try this. Go onto NCL, but don't log in. Up top, click on Get Ready for Cruise, then click on Shore Excursions. Pick a port you are interested in. It will then show you all the excursions available for that port. Even if your cruise does not show the excursions listed, eventually they may be available. That's how I found out about different excursions I couldn't see because I had already booked one. I was looking at St. Lucia. I had already booked an excursion I really wasn't sure that I wanted to keep. At the time I booked it, there were only a couple of excursions available and I kept waiting for new ones. I called the Excursion Rep. he told me if I was unsure if I wanted to keep the excursion I should cancel it, and others would come up. As soon as I cancelled, 17 excursions showed up for St. Lucia. I called back and booked a different one, then went back on to my NCL, logged in for my cruise, and all the excursions were gone except for the new one I picked, and another that was later in the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
You can try this. Go onto NCL, but don't log in. Up top, click on Get Ready for Cruise, then click on Shore Excursions. Pick a port you are interested in. It will then show you all the excursions available for that port. Even if your cruise does not show the excursions listed, eventually they may be available. That's how I found out about different excursions I couldn't see because I had already booked one. I was looking at St. Lucia. I had already booked an excursion I really wasn't sure that I wanted to keep. At the time I booked it, there were only a couple of excursions available and I kept waiting for new ones. I called the Excursion Rep. he told me if I was unsure if I wanted to keep the excursion I should cancel it, and others would come up. As soon as I cancelled, 17 excursions showed up for St. Lucia. I called back and booked a different one, then went back on to my NCL, logged in for my cruise, and all the excursions were gone except for the new one I picked, and another that was later in the afternoon.

This is the best advice. It also allows you to research and plan well in advance which one you want to pick. Then when it is posted for your cruise you can jump on it early.

We were on the Jewel from Honolulu to Sydney recently having booked our shore excursions a number of months ago. After a very short shorex compared to what I was expecting I checked what we had booked and what were available on shore during the actual voyage. Of the 11 shorex we had booked only 1 was the actual length that appeared on the website when booking, the other 10 were shorter; one down from 3hr to 1hr 30min. I have been in communication with NCL and I believe there has been a serious problem with the material that has been put online.

I have also found some problems with the shorex timings on the Jewel journeys round Yokohama. One has the shorex arriving back at the port 45 minutes after the ship was supposed to leave the port.

I suggest that you take screen shots of any shore excursions you book and then compare with what you get on the actual shorex from the ship.

The big thing about reroutes is that they are booking what the local tour providers have available. Unlike a normal contract where the tour provider must provide a minimum number of “seats”, reroutes will contract for anything available. And there is a high probability of those tours selling out quickly. And being removed from the website.