Guarantee basis question

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

My sister/brother in law was unable to get a balcony on the Oasis for October, therefore, they chose to get an interior guarantee as the Oceanview was not worth all the money it was selling for during that time. My question is (not looking to get an Oceanview or balcony), she was assigned a cabin, could this cabin be changed at any time between now and the cruise or when she gets to the ship? Also, has anybody received a guarantee cabin and there were other cabins that were available during the cruise that were not sold, could she ask for an upgrade at the pier when checking in?

Hello,

My sister/brother in law was unable to get a balcony on the Oasis for October, therefore, they chose to get an interior guarantee as the Oceanview was not worth all the money it was selling for during that time. My question is (not looking to get an Oceanview or balcony), she was assigned a cabin, could this cabin be changed at any time between now and the cruise or when she gets to the ship? Also, has anybody received a guarantee cabin and there were other cabins that were available during the cruise that were not sold, could she ask for an upgrade at the pier when checking in?

Ive even seen signs on the guest services desk, ships sail full dont ask for a upgrade. The people checking you in also dont give upgrades.

Their only chance is if they have 500 days on RCL and high up the ladder asking will help imo. Otherwise asking is just a annoyance to the people they ask.

I only got changed once, and it was on Carnival, and it was from a cabin I especially wanted to a HC that I was pissed about. My pvp defended it and said my sister who I used to sail with had some HC stuff in our history, so maybe they thought they did us a favor, ... i was pissed.

But never in about 300 days of cruising or more on different lines have I ever gotten a free upgrade. upsells yes, upgrades for free, no.

My question is (not looking to get an Oceanview or balcony), she was assigned a cabin, could this cabin be changed at any time between now and the cruise or when she gets to the ship?

By the cruiseline, very unlikely, by the customer, quite often (if another in the same exact category is available).

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, abbflex said:

is it a limited amount of GTY pr cruise or can you always book one? 

There’s no guarantee those rooms will be sold, especially if a given sailing is selling out quickly.  

To the OP, don’t expect to upgrade when you arrive, but we have moved our GTY room assignment within the same category assigned with no issues.  We were assigned a port side room last year and prefer starboard, and they had no problem accommodating since it was in the same category (2D in this case).

15 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Varies, sometimes I see none at all available to book.

Ok,  thanks Bob.  Cant see any for the sailings I`m considering in 2020. Looked at the same dates for 2021 and it was GTY available for $1200 less.  Maybe something will pop up later.  Not in a hurry to order.