She's looking good!

StanandJim

Certainly better looking that a few of the other newbuilds that have been getting a lot of press (Oasis, Allure, Epic come to mind).

And you don't know what an uphill battle it was for FDR because he wanted to give the Marina a decent foredeck!

NCL_PRIDE_AMERICA_3-400x308.jpg The cost accountants want the superstructure to be built right up to the bow, these days.

103307.jpg

Thank HEAVEN he won!

Thanks for the new photo. My husband has already downloaded it as his new screen background. Only one question - is the photo the port or starboard side? The same photo faces two different directions in the two pics above.

Only a little over 2 months now until the Maiden Voyage! Sure hope the ship's complete!!! I'm sure it will be.:)

Cheers, Kay

Jim's a master at finding and manipulating photos to illustrate his points. I imagine the first image is correct; we are looking at the starboard side of the ship. In the second image, because the NCL ship is facing left, I would guess that Jim flipped the image so Marina would appear to face left, as well, to make it easier to compare the bows. If he was sneakier, he could have left the Marina pic in the original orientation, flipped the image of the NCL ship, and sharp-eyed folks like you would not have noticed.

Thanks for the new photo. My husband has already downloaded it as his new screen background. Only one question - is the photo the port or starboard side? The same photo faces two different directions in the two pics above.

Cheers, Kay

1st photo shows Starboard

You can tell the difference when you stand at the back of a ship/boat face the pointy end (BOW) the left side is PORT (same #of letters as LEFT)

the right side is Starboard

Jim's a master at finding and manipulating photos to illustrate his points. I imagine the first image is correct; we are looking at the starboard side of the ship. In the second image, because the NCL ship is facing left, I would guess that Jim flipped the image so Marina would appear to face left, as well, to make it easier to compare the bows. If he was sneakier, he could have left the Marina pic in the original orientation, flipped the image of the NCL ship, and sharp-eyed folks like you would not have noticed.

Guilty as charged!

And for exactly that reason! :rolleyes:

Osh Kosh Begosh, Don, you should have been a district attorney!

StanndJim - what about the table and chair setup at the end of twin beds in the PH cat?

It's a split love seat, and a portable occasional table.

223315.jpg

Very Chic, perfect for room service, or for entertaining in the room. I hope that you love it as much as we do.

m-room-lg-ph1.jpg

I think the double chair/table setup at the foot of the PH bed is pretty nifty too. But I believe what NVgal was asking was how they would be arranged if two twin beds were configured in the space instead of the queen bed. Will the table simply be removed?

I think the double chair/table setup at the foot of the PH bed is pretty nifty too. But I believe what NVgal was asking was how they would be arranged if two twin beds were configured in the space instead of the queen bed. Will the table simply be removed?

Good catch TKS, I didn't read it that way at first-

m-staterooms-3d-ph1.jpg

I can't tell you where the occasional table would be placed when the room is set up with twin beds, but it appears to be part of the standard equipment for a penthouse suite, so I don't think that it will be removed unless the guest asks that it be taken away.

Then again, some occupants might ask for a second table, so that each could breakfast at the foot of their own bed!

I can't tell you where the occasional table would be placed when the room is set up with twin beds, but it appears to be part of the standard equipment for a penthouse suite, so I don't think that it will be removed unless the guest asks that it be taken away.

...or the room steward does...

I wouldn't want to have to make up twins or vacuum down the center of the two beds with that table and chair set up as shown in the diagram. :eek:

Moving the table each day also does not look like a fun addition to the workload of the staff, unless it is significantly lighter weight than it appears.

...or the room steward does...

I wouldn't want to have to make up twins or vacuum down the center of the two beds with that table and chair set up as shown in the diagram. :eek:

Moving the table each day also does not look like a fun addition to the workload of the staff, unless it is significantly lighter weight than it appears.

The R ships have very similar "occasional" tables, as can be seen in this Nautica Penthouse photo:

staterooms-ship-ph3.png

They are fairly easy to move, even though they are steady enough to hold those big room service trays :rolleyes:

StanandJim - TKS is right. I travel with mom/twin beds. The table and chairs in front of the veranda are out of the way in the smaller ships, what I was wondering was if the seating area would still be there with the twin set-up. Wondering which side of the bed I have to use!!!

They are fairly easy to move, even though they are steady enough to hold those big room service trays :rolleyes:

I had not seen that picture of the PH category with Tim Rubacky in your post#12 which shows the glass table and was working from the brochure. In the brochure of the Marina, the table appeared to be made of wood and more substantial.

I like the bouquet in the photo with Tim. Is that the standard bouquet in the suites? Very nice...

StanandJim, you have ruined me. We don't sail her until April 16, 2011. Now I will have insomnia for 6 months! She truly is a beauty.

Sleep well KatieBelle. You've already got your cabin booked! Imagine those who are waitlisted? Now that is something to lose sleep over.

Cheers, Kay

StanandJim - TKS is right. I travel with mom/twin beds. The table and chairs in front of the veranda are out of the way in the smaller ships, what I was wondering was if the seating area would still be there with the twin set-up. Wondering which side of the bed I have to use!!!

NVGAL-

It seems to me that half of the loveseat would remain at the foot of each twin bed, and the table would be angled off of one of them so that the aisle between the beds is clear.

m-staterooms-3d-ph1.jpg

Another option that I have seen is leaving the table where it is but flipping the chairs so that their backs face the wall where the TV is. This really opens up the space, but you have to be careful of blocking the drawers in the vanity.

Thanks S & J for posting the photo

Any updated ones from inside?

I am trying to control my excitement :cool:

Lyn

Yes Ma'am, through the courtesy of Messers Binder et Rubacky:

6a0120a92e343a970b0133f5f9fe29970b-800wi

The Grand Bar

6a0120a92e343a970b01348919bd9c970c-800wi

A detail of the ceiling

6a0120a92e343a970b0133f5fa1ec1970b-800wi

A corner of the Grand Dining Room

6a0120a92e343a970b01348919d232970c-800wi

A moulding detail in the Library

6a0120a92e343a970b01348919d9bd970c-800wi

The Crest on her bow

I can only hope that these pictures were taken some time ago. Otherwise she has a long way to go yet to be ready for the Maiden Voyage, as I see it.

Then again, what do I know. I know that if this was a contractor working on my house, we'd be looking at 6 more months, at least :D.

I am sure glad that is not the case.

Archived