4 adults in Bliss minisuite

titansluvr

We are a family of three husband wife and 30 yr old daughter never had a problem but found it to be roomier for each if we had 3 separate beds

I have the bed that separates into two twins for my daughter and myself and then son gets the couch. The bigger bathroom is why I booked the mini suite, room to move in the shower, I won't crack my head maneuvering to shave my legs

This is a Baltic cruise so between the cabin price, the tours and the airfare, the one night pre and post cruise hotel I'm already at 16K. Only way we are in Haven is if I win the bid, not many left so not holding my breath, son says if you're going to upgrade anything upgrade from economy plus to first class I'm roflmao, he doesn't fly international much and to me Mexico and Caribbean don't count

I'm doing a mini suite on the Breakaway in August, it will be 3 adults, my son, daughter and I. They are not complaining as I picked up the tab for this.

It is a port intensive cruise so not much time spent in cabin.

I got a tip in the threads here, I plan on taking magnet ceiling hooks, 50 lb, not very pricey on Amazon, a fabric shower curtain to separate the bed area from the couch area at night for a wee bit of privacy

This is exactly what we're planning on doing on our 15-day Panama Canal cruise in April. Our adult son will be in our cabin. Fortunately, we were able to get one of the deck 8 minis which have the extra large balcony. That gives us some extra sq.footage. DH and son can go out there when I need to get changed. The shower curtain idea works wonderfully. We used it on a cruise last year and loved it.

One thing I would suggest though is get a smaller weight size for the ceiling hooks. I started with 40 lb ones and lost some skin off the end of my finger when they very rapidly stuck together. We have 20 lb ones now and they are more than adequate. You might wanna get two sets as they are great for hanging stuff on the walls as well. Really cuts down on the clutter.

This is exactly what we're planning on doing on our 15-day Panama Canal cruise in April. Our adult son will be in our cabin. Fortunately, we were able to get one of the deck 8 minis which have the extra large balcony. That gives us some extra sq.footage. DH and son can go out there when I need to get changed. The shower curtain idea works wonderfully. We used it on a cruise last year and loved it.

One thing I would suggest though is get a smaller weight size for the ceiling hooks. I started with 40 lb ones and lost some skin off the end of my finger when they very rapidly stuck together. We have 20 lb ones now and they are more than adequate. You might wanna get two sets as they are great for hanging stuff on the walls as well. Really cuts down on the clutter.

Really?? Good to know as I was going on another posters suggestion of 50LB, a fabric shower curtain is not at all heavy. Think I'll order the 20LB

I'm also on deck 8 with extra large balcony

We did a cabin crawl on the our Bliss cruise, and the mini suite I observed was no larger than the balcony cabin we were in, with the exception of the bathroom. I wouldn't do it, much to small.

The mini suites are larger on the Jewel class ships, but still to small for four people IMHO.

What makes it too small? Is there not room for four people to sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

search?biw=1366&bih=588&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=d80uW6KJLIrojwS926GYAw&q=breakaway+class+mini+suite+pullman+down&oq=breakaway+class+mini+suite+pullman+down&gs_l=img.3...17653.19987.0.20394.12.12.0.0.0.0.191.1050.10j1.11.0....0...1c.1.64.img..1.0.0....0.lgfSAdWtOro#imgrc=MXHeWzkR5FYzbM:

Here is a picture of the Breakaway class mini suite with all 4 beds shown

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2122298

After seeing that there is no way I would attempt that once I got past the age of 25. My vacations have always been to valuable to try to get away cheap. Of course to each there own.

Technically there is enough room... the two beds can be apart as two twins, or together as a “queen.” The couch flips down into a twin, and the bunk comes out of the ceiling over the couch and is made up each night for that guest. That said with all the beds set up, and the ladder out, everyone better be very friendly with each other as there is no room to get any privacy without going on the balcony or into the bathroom. A shower curtain hung between the beds and the sofa/bunk will create a screen that will literally be in the one inch of space between the sofa and the nightstand for the bed. This creates “privacy” that will block some light from one side of the room to the other but otherwise creates no real privacy.

Sleep yes, but it's more than that Moby. People say "well, we're hardly ever in the room except to sleep" but that's an exaggeration. People want some down time from being out and about on the ship. People want naps at different times, people want to watch TV at different times and then of course you have the , as we used to say in the Navy, SSS schedule. (S&^t, shower and shave and many minutes of makeup time for our ladies to look lovely) While some people will say it's fine for them, I think a poll would say that 95% of people would say absolutely no to four adults in a cabin of that size.

Oh, and by the way, that could be a possible week of no hanky panky. :o

What makes it small is the size of the cabin. With four adults you would be extremely cramped. Again, I am comparing the mini suite I saw, to the balcony cabin we stayed in, there was no difference that I could see.

Interesting about the foam topper!! We were in a mini-suite earlier this month: my husband, me and our 17YO daughter. (BTW, the hooks and shower curtain idea is brilliant and worked so well!) She is not a spoiled brat and knew that she was fortunate to be on the ship; however, she did complain that the sofa bed was not the comfiest thing ever. How does one go about getting a foam topper should we need one in the future?!

Sleep yes, but it's more than that Moby. People say "well, we're hardly ever in the room except to sleep" but that's an exaggeration. People want some down time from being out and about on the ship. People want naps at different times, people want to watch TV at different times and then of course you have the , as we used to say in the Navy, SSS schedule. (S&^t, shower and shave and many minutes of makeup time for our ladies to look lovely) While some people will say it's fine for them, I think a poll would say that 95% of people would say absolutely no to four adults in a cabin of that size.

Oh, and by the way, that could be a possible week of no hanky panky. :o

We are still young. Nap is not in our vocabulary. At least not on vacation. And no way I am watching tv on a cruise unless it’s bedtime. With two men and two women in the cabin one was easily able to get ready/put makeup on In The bathroom and one at the mirror in the cabin. But most likely one just gets ready first, that couple leaves the room then the other gets ready. It’s not that hard. But I understand it not for everyone.

What makes it small is the size of the cabin. With four adults you would be extremely cramped. Again, I am comparing the mini suite I saw, to the balcony cabin we stayed in, there was no difference that I could see.

Why would it be more cramped? Same amount of room to move about the cabin. And how much movement is one actually doing in a cabin? As long as there is a path to the bathroom, what other kinda room do you need? And yes, a mini-suite is a balcony with a bigger bathroom. That is the difference.

Interesting about the foam topper!! We were in a mini-suite earlier this month: my husband, me and our 17YO daughter. (BTW, the hooks and shower curtain idea is brilliant and worked so well!) She is not a spoiled brat and knew that she was fortunate to be on the ship; however, she did complain that the sofa bed was not the comfiest thing ever. How does one go about getting a foam topper should we need one in the future?!

Thanks for your post!!! I'm feeling more positive in this now. As I said in an earlier post, everything tallied I'm at 16K, I'm comfortable for sure but not in the Rockefeller class lol

This has been my dream cruise, a cruise my late hubbie would not even entertain, he would only cruise to places where the temps were 85 degrees or above, lol.

I had toyed with going solo but then no one to enjoy the sites with, my son and daughter are history buffs and have always desired to see St Petersburg, their spouses had no issue with them going, so I invited them along on my dime.

Really?? Good to know as I was going on another posters suggestion of 50LB, a fabric shower curtain is not at all heavy. Think I'll order the 20LB

I'm also on deck 8 with extra large balcony

10LB will be more thn enough to hang a shower curtain.

Just ask your room steward. Preferably the first time you see him in case they run out of them later.

I shared a mini suite with my parents when I was in my late 20s and slept on the most uncomfortable sofa bed I have ever seen. But I did not complain at all. I never mentioned it once to my mom until many years later. Because it was a free trip to Alaska and I was not about to say one bad thing about it!! I had a fabulous time and if I were still single and childless I would do it again tomorrow. Though this time I know you can ask for a foam topper :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had no idea you can ask for a topper! My boys will be glad to hear this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums