Steakhouse favorites

briehon

After perusing the menu, there would be no way to choose! Help! What are your favorites? I’m normally a ribeye girl but the ones offered are so big! Tell me your favorite apps and desserts too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Surf &Turf , Shrimp cocktail for appetizer and cheesecake for dessert. My hubby likes the lamb. Have a great cruise and bring a pair of pants with elastic waist for coming home , you will thank me for that advice later lol

The steakhouse menus are in a change over time. Horizon, Vista, all the Dream class ships have the new menu. I think a couple of other ships also have the new menu but those that have actually experienced it would need to post. The changeover was originally scheduled to be complete by March of this year but it seems to have stalled.

Food is very subjective but my favorites:

Old menu--Crab Cake, Spinach Salad, Lobster Ravioli and Chocolate Sampler.

...none of these are on the new menu. The spinach salad is listed but is changed.

New menu--Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Baby Leaf Spinach Salad, Fillet Migon or Surf and Turf, Apple Tarte Tatin with vanilla rather than Elderberry ice cream.

I did not feel the Grilled U-10 Shrimp were worth the money. The serving consisted of 4 shrimp. I am a shrimp girl and trust me they were not U-10. They were at best 16-20's.

The fruit makes a refreshing end to a meal. While I am not a big fan of frozen desserts the steakhouse does often have some very tempting varieties.

Enjoy your Steakhouse visit It is always a lovely dining experience.

The steakhouse menus are in a change over time. Horizon, Vista, all the Dream class ships have the new menu. I think a couple of other ships also have the new menu but those that have actually experienced it would need to post. The changeover was originally scheduled to be complete by March of this year but it seems to have stalled.

Food is very subjective but my favorites:

Old menu--Crab Cake, Spinach Salad, Lobster Ravioli and Chocolate Sampler.

...none of these are on the new menu. The spinach salad is listed but is changed.

New menu--Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Baby Leaf Spinach Salad, Fillet Migon or Surf and Turf, Apple Tarte Tatin with vanilla rather than Elderberry ice cream.

I did not feel the Grilled U-10 Shrimp were worth the money. The serving consisted of 4 shrimp. I am a shrimp girl and trust me they were not U-10. They were at best 16-20's.

The fruit makes a refreshing end to a meal. While I am not a big fan of frozen desserts the steakhouse does often have some very tempting varieties.

Enjoy your Steakhouse visit It is always a lovely dining experience.

Do you know if they still have the cheesecake?

I’m normally a ribeye girl but the ones offered are so big!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are all bigger portions. But I like a ribeye also, so the spiced rub ribeye is what you should order. If you want, they will let you take the rest back to your cabin in a doggy bag.

Just had the new menu on the Horizon.

The Steak Tartare and Bone Marrow app is to die for. I enjoyed the Ribeye(no spice) one night and the new Wagyu? Beef the other. Both were Great!! I have to say that I was not impressed with the new dessert menu. The chocolate sphere is very pretty but is pretty much tasteless. The art at the table is lots of fun to watch, but other than the ice cream, not so much taste interest. I am a dessert person and have to admit I was disappointed. The rest of the menu was fabulous!! I do miss the rosemary bread.

The Steak Tartare and Bone Marrow app is to die for. I have to say that I was not impressed with the new dessert menu. The chocolate sphere is very pretty but is pretty much tasteless. The art at the table is lots of fun to watch, but other than the ice cream, not so much taste interest. I am a dessert person and have to admit I was disappointed. The rest of the menu was fabulous!! I do miss the rosemary bread.

So, we were just on the Vista and happened upon the steakhouse. I had the tartare and marrow, it was quite decadent but prob wouldnt get it again. I had the filet and it was good. We had our daughter(13) and niece(12) so we got the Art of the table. And that assessment was completely accurate! It was pretty, and fun to watch but from a dessert standpoint it really disappointed.

If you do try the filet, dont be afrraid to ask for it to be "butterflied", it can help if you arent a med or med-rare person.

Wishing you happy plates and safe travels

The Steak Tartare and Bone Marrow app is to die for. I enjoyed the Ribeye(no spice) one night and the new Wagyu? Beef the other. Both were Great!! I have to say that I was not impressed with the new dessert menu. The chocolate sphere is very pretty but is pretty much tasteless. The art at the table is lots of fun to watch, but other than the ice cream, not so much taste interest. I am a dessert person and have to admit I was disappointed. The rest of the menu was fabulous!! I do miss the rosemary bread.

So, we were just on the Vista and happened upon the steakhouse. I had the tartare and marrow, it was quite decadent but prob wouldnt get it again. I had the filet and it was good. We had our daughter(13) and niece(12) so we got the Art of the table. And that assessment was completely accurate! It was pretty, and fun to watch but from a dessert standpoint it really disappointed.

If you do try the filet, dont be afrraid to ask for it to be "butterflied", it can help if you arent a med or med-rare person.

Wishing you happy plates and safe travels

Thank you both for the reviews of art at the table. I tried asking about it a while ago in a different thread (did the dessert actually taste good or just a neat presentation) and couldn't get specific answers about the dessert, just how the overall steakhouse experience was.

I think the Pride still has the old menu, and hoping it will in September. I'm sure I won't leave hungry either way;)