Wondering what happens with Port Canaveral being Closed

MLW070

I wonder what happens now with Port Canaveral being closed. I know a lot of boats were returning Friday through Sunday, We were suppose to go out from there on Saturday on the Magic. Do you think Carnival with change ports or stay out at Sea and delay other cruises? I know others have it a lot harder facing the storm but still can't help but wonder what our days ahead may hold.

Port Miami is closing tomorrow into Thursday, as well. Was just on Royal Caribbean's site and they're pushing back a sailing from Thursday to Friday, since the port in Miami is anticipated to be open Friday.

Fingers crossed for quick return to operations for both ports.

I think PC will reopen as soon as the storm passes and allow the cruise to continue. You will be cursing , it just becomes a shorter cruise.

It's not a Canceled cruise by Carnival until you receive a notice from Carnival via email or their website. I would be on the horn with carnival for explanations.

Leaving Miami port on Sat 10/8 - hopefully..thinking by saturday Miami should be ok:eek: on carival splendor....been sort of stressing a little since weekend..watching Matthew.

I'm in the same situation. I'm mainly concerned about getting to Miami. the plan at the moment is to drive there. Hopefully the west coast is OK and we'll take I-75 and parallel roads.

Save

I think PC will reopen as soon as the storm passes and allow the cruise to continue. You will be cursing , it just becomes a shorter cruise.

It's not a Canceled cruise by Carnival until you receive a notice from Carnival via email or their website. I would be on the horn with carnival for explanations.

An explanation?? Seriously?:eek:

Posted on carnivals website.

HURRICANE MATTHEW

Weather Update – 10/04/16 – 5:30PM (EST)

We are very closely monitoring the storm system and projected path of Hurricane Matthew. We will make adjustments to homeport turnaround operations and itineraries as needed to ensure we are not putting our guests, crew and vessels in harm’s way. However, given the significant changes we have seen in the forecast track, we have not made definitive changes to any of our sailings departing this weekend. At this time, we do not anticipate making any additional changes until Wednesday after 8:00PM. We will continue to provide updates to our guests and post on carnival.com as any changes are made .

I'm in the same situation. I'm mainly concerned about getting to Miami. the plan at the moment is to drive there. Hopefully the west coast is OK and we'll take I-75 and parallel roads.

Save

We are driving to Port Canaveral also, Thinking of driving to Tallahassee FL Thursday night, arriving early Friday am. We will stay overnight and leave early Saturday am for the port. This all depends on the changes from Carnival or more importantly Matthew!!!:confused:

I

I wonder what happens now with Port Canaveral being closed. I know a lot of boats were returning Friday through Sunday, We were suppose to go out from there on Saturday on the Magic. Do you think Carnival with change ports or stay out at Sea and delay other cruises? I know others have it a lot harder facing the storm but still can't help but wonder what our days ahead may hold.

I'd say it's a safe bet that Carnival won't do what Royal Caribbean did with Anthem of the Seas back in February.

Port Canaveral will reopen as soon as possible. If ships can't get in Saturday morning, they will stay out to sea, and come in as soon as possible. Next cruise will be shorter, or maybe cancelled, but probably not. A friend of ours sailed on Royal Caribbean, supposed to be a Bahamas cruise, during Sandy, and they were stuck in Port Canaveral for a night, then sailed up and down the coast for the remainder of the cruise. Passengers were given the option to disembark (I think they got a full refund??) or stay on. Our friend stayed, along with about 400 others...she said it was a blast!

Pretty sure nothing will be going in or out on Thursday or Friday. We still plan on cruising on the Valor, maybe not Saturday, but I would say for sure Sunday, but you never know (we live about 30 minutes away). This storm has not been the most predictable!

So, yep, hurricane shutters going up, lawn furniture coming in, supplies already bought, cars gassed up, and lots of prayers that Matthew STAYS AWAY!!!!!:eek::eek:

What explanation??

I was booked on the Valor, leaving Saturday. I'm thinking it's canceled. The reports look like they have a lot more to worry about than our cruises right now.

No need to worry right now. Don't assume it is canceled until official word is given by Carnival. Carnival would likely shorten the cruise before they cancel.

My choices are pretty limited. I'm pretty sure my plane isn't leaving on schedule a Thursday night or Friday when the Hurricane hits. I can't imagine Allegaint keeping a plane around on Saturday morning to fly me down. A 20 hour drive down from NY through a hurricane isn't going to be a smart move.

A state of emergency, a closed port, and I'm pretty sure I'll have no way to fly in but, they won't cancel the cruise. Is this cause they already have our money?

That's about it in a nut shell.

A state of emergency, a closed port, and I'm pretty sure I'll have no way to fly in but, they won't cancel the cruise. Is this cause they already have our money?

seriously, you think this is about money? I would rather believe it is about the guests, crew and ships safety.

Huh?? You think it is about money?? They will cancel if they have to. Safety of the ship, guests, and crew come first.

If it wasn't about the money, they would cancel the cruises. Not shorten them a few days and leave without the bulk of their paid passengers.

They don't need to cancel them at this point! They can shorten the cruises, even if they do that they will likely offer guests the choice to cancel for a full refund. The forecast track could change again, which is why they are not making any changes until tomorrow night.