Wondering what happens with Port Canaveral being Closed

MLW070

I'll hold out hope your right.

If it were me I would leave early before the rain started. Jacksonville Fl has a long delay with traffic jams even more so now . By Friday I would be sitting on Fish lips deck having a dirty martini ;)

We sailed out of Galveston after Hurricane Rita hit. The Conquest stayed out an extra few days until NOAA declared the bay open. Conquest came in and we were able to go on a shortened cruise. It was actually pretty fun. Only about half of the passengers were on board and it seemed fairly empty. I imagine they will do something similar this time.

We sailed out of Galveston after Hurricane Rita hit. The Conquest stayed out an extra few days until NOAA declared the bay open. Conquest came in and we were able to go on a shortened cruise. It was actually pretty fun. Only about half of the passengers were on board and it seemed fairly empty. I imagine they will do something similar this time.

For sure

I wonder what happens now with Port Canaveral being closed. I know a lot of boats were returning Friday through Sunday, We were suppose to go out from there on Saturday on the Magic. Do you think Carnival with change ports or stay out at Sea and delay other cruises?

There's a possibility they could bring the Magic into Fort Lauderdale and shuttle the returning passengers up to PC by bus and departing passengers down to Port Everglades by bus.

I've seen this a couple of times.

First we are set to sail the on the Valor this Saturday..

Now given the serverity of this situation, the best thing all cruise lines should do is project safety towards the passengers and crew, while being flexible with the passengers of the next scheduled cruise. This can be a big PR win for the cruise lines by showing their concerns and understanding towards guests. This will be a big payoff down the road.

We're supposed to be leaving on the Victory Sunday. Really hoping this thing turns more out to sea and misses everything entirely. Our 2 year old daughter has been talking about the "big boat" almost non stop and I REALLY don't want to disappoint her.

If it were me I would leave early before the rain started. Jacksonville Fl has a long delay with traffic jams even more so now . By Friday I would be sitting on Fish lips deck having a dirty martini ;)

Pretty sure nobody will be sitting at Fish Lips on Friday having any kind of drink. Pretty sure Fish Lips will not be open.

I think PC will reopen as soon as the storm passes and allow the cruise to continue. You will be cursing , it just becomes a shorter cruise.

It's not a Canceled cruise by Carnival until you receive a notice from Carnival via email or their website. I would be on the horn with carnival for explanations.

You want them to explain a hurricane? Seriously? :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

For those of you talking about driving - gas stations in Miami and along the interstate on the east coast are already out of gas. For those of you thinking coming down the west coast is a great idea, not such a great idea. You still have to get across the state. Alligator Alley has tropical storm warnings and going through the center of the state looks worse.

The port may open but who knows if you can get to it, will there be parking that isn't flooded, if you get here and there is no ship will there be a place to stay -lots of questions.

This whole thing is still a crap shoot. Just be careful - make a thoughtful decision not an emotional one about getting to a cruise in Florida this week.

Just a few thoughts from a first responder deeply involved in getting ready for Matthew's visit to Florida.

We also cruised post Rita on Ecstasy. It was a 2 day cruise to nowhere. It was our first Carnival & there were 384 passengers. All the food, entertainment, games, & staff were on board. We had a ball! $99.00 pp. Been cruising CCL ever since!

My choices are pretty limited. I'm pretty sure my plane isn't leaving on schedule a Thursday night or Friday when the Hurricane hits. I can't imagine Allegaint keeping a plane around on Saturday morning to fly me down. A 20 hour drivwe down from NY through a hurricane isn't going to be a smart move.

Just a thought.....drive as far south as possible before the storm hits. Then make a mad dash for the port the day of the cruise.

Leaving Miami port on Sat 10/8 - hopefully..thinking by saturday Miami should be ok:eek: on carival splendor....been sort of stressing a little since weekend..watching Matthew.

Same cruise.. I have been stressing for days... about a cruise. :o first world problems I guess. I think we will make our cruise.

I hope all those affected... Haiti, Cuba, Turks, Bahamas, and Americans... all stay safe!

I'm in the same situation. I'm mainly concerned about getting to Miami. the plan at the moment is to drive there. Hopefully the west coast is OK and we'll take I-75 and parallel roads.

Save

I think.. and this could change obviously.. that 75 all the way down to 95 is going to be the best route. That is the way we are going... and we will be heading that way about 4am Saturday morning.

A state of emergency, a closed port, and I'm pretty sure I'll have no way to fly in but, they won't cancel the cruise. Is this cause they already have our money?

No.. Mostly because that is how you operate a cruise line. ;)

I know it sucks, but insurance will cover if you cannot get to the port. Since it is October, and I assume you are coming from out of state, you probably bought the insurance.

Have a great time on your cruise.

It is a big storm and no one should complain about cruise delays or port changes, it's about your safety and the crews.

While many have money invested Carnival tries on their end to make it right by future cruise credits, etc. Unfortunately airlines are another beast.

We actually live in Florida and don't usually leave but some instinct told me to leave and we have left and are now in the panhandle. Safety first! I hope all are safe and any future cruising you have is enjoyable. Be happy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree that Carnival owes every one of the passengers a full and complete explanation of why they are allowing a hurricane to cut short some of these passengers cruise, but as is typically the case that explanation won't come.

I'm still waiting on an explanation from my last cruise, where all of the brochures and promotional photos showed sunny blue skies, and would you believe it was cloudy one day! Carnival could have made the sun come up, but they refused, and didn't tell me why!

Same cruise.. I have been stressing for days... about a cruise. :o first world problems I guess. I think we will make our cruise.

I hope all those affected... Haiti, Cuba, Turks, Bahamas, and Americans... all stay safe!

Well said. Hoping for the best for the folks who live in the path of this storm.