NCL Dawn - Jan. 17th

kskelley40

I tried to get another cabin today for my daughter and the website shows all of the cabins are either sold out or unavailable???

49 days out and the ship is already full?

Has anyone received a upgrade yet for their upgrade bid? I wonder if the unavailable ones are so they can start upgrading?

Any thoughts?

Also, if you are on this cruise, don't forget to join the roll call. We have a meet and greet, slot pull and cabin crawl in the planning stages.

Happy Cruising.

I will try that...she really doesn't want a suite. Only her and her boyfriend and they are not "into" the room.

When I went on there to book, it showed that inside rooms were available but you couldn't select or book one?

Just wondering what was going on....

That is really surprising. I would have figured the hurricane damage would have caused fewer people to book and more people to cancel but I guess I was wrong! It also seems to suggest I will not get the upgrade I bid for for my Dec. 10 sailing on the Dawn, but honestly I only did it because I thought they would have so many empty cabins due to the hurricane that it would be cheap to get one!

I tried to get another cabin today for my daughter and the website shows all of the cabins are either sold out or unavailable???

49 days out and the ship is already full?....

Not unusual. They do sell out often.

BUT - big but.... there are often a few days when they take all the cabins offline so they can sort through their situation. Calling NCL direct and/or waiting a day or two might help out.

But (damn but's)... if they are sold out, they are sold out.

I booked this cruise because it had the most ports of call NOT hit by hurricanes and had great scuba diving opportunities. Any fellow divers out there interested in teaming up? Looking to dive in Key West, Bonaire, Curaco, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman.

I booked this cruise because it had the most ports of call NOT hit by hurricanes and had great scuba diving opportunities. Any fellow divers out there interested in teaming up? Looking to dive in Key West, Bonaire, Curaco, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman.

Go to the roll call and post this....you might get better response.

• 5 weeks later...
Go to the roll call and post this....you might get better response.

I thought this was the roll call. Memories of my frustration using this/these roll calls are coming back. If you could help me get straight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. My wife and I'd love to get in on a M&G, am looking for potentials for sharing shore excursions (maybe non-NCL), diving and gym workout buddies and pinochle players. I'll repost this any- and everywhere I can, thanks in advance....Zeqe

I thought this was the roll call. Memories of my frustration using this/these roll calls are coming back. If you could help me get straight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. My wife and I'd love to get in on a M&G, am looking for potentials for sharing shore excursions (maybe non-NCL), diving and gym workout buddies and pinochle players. I'll repost this any- and everywhere I can, thanks in advance....Zeqe

Easy to find. Just go to the "boards" link above and look through all the forums CC has to offer. Making it easy for you though, here is the link to NCL Roll Calls. Simply look for your ship/sailing date.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

49 days out and the ship is already full?

Has anyone received a upgrade yet for their upgrade bid? I wonder if the unavailable ones are so they can start upgrading?

Any thoughts?

Also, if you are on this cruise, don't forget to join the roll call. We have a meet and greet, slot pull and cabin crawl in the planning stages.

Happy Cruising.

Hopefully you were able to arrange for a cabin for your daughter.

I had an unusual experience in an attempt to upgrade. I have been noticing the off again, on again, availability of cabins. It's been difficult to determine availability by monitoring the NCL web page. I noticed the Owners Suite with double balcony was available a couple days ago. We are partially comped through CAS so I called them to up grade to the OS. The first agent told me there were no upgrades available. Hmmm? So I looked online and he was correct. It was gone again. A couple hours later it was back. So I called the regular NCL number and after looking at my booking they transferred back to CAS. The CAS agent confirmed the OS was in fact available but put me on hold to check pricing. When she came back she told me it wasn't available as a CAS cabin. That confused me so I asked her to explain. She told me CAS is only given certain cabins they can book. So I asked who or what department I would need to contact to secure the upgrade. She told me that was not possible without totally rebooking. As you know that's not practical since we sail in a week. I would have to forfeit my current booking and incur the cost of a new booking. I know I can upgrade with CAS because I did it for this cruise. I was comped an inside and paid for an upgrade to a Family Suite. I'm willing to pay for the upgrade but they don't seem to want my money.

Is this a common NCL practice?

Hopefully you were able to arrange for a cabin for your daughter.

I had an unusual experience in an attempt to upgrade. I have been noticing the off again, on again, availability of cabins. It's been difficult to determine availability by monitoring the NCL web page. I noticed the Owners Suite with double balcony was available a couple days ago. We are partially comped through CAS so I called them to up grade to the OS. The first agent told me there were no upgrades available. Hmmm? So I looked online and he was correct. It was gone again. A couple hours later it was back. So I called the regular NCL number and after looking at my booking they transferred back to CAS. The CAS agent confirmed the OS was in fact available but put me on hold to check pricing. When she came back she told me it wasn't available as a CAS cabin. That confused me so I asked her to explain. She told me CAS is only given certain cabins they can book. So I asked who or what department I would need to contact to secure the upgrade. She told me that was not possible without totally rebooking. As you know that's not practical since we sail in a week. I would have to forfeit my current booking and incur the cost of a new booking. I know I can upgrade with CAS because I did it for this cruise. I was comped an inside and paid for an upgrade to a Family Suite. I'm willing to pay for the upgrade but they don't seem to want my money.

Is this a common NCL practice?

I book through CAS also, get better rates and free upgrades. I did a paid upgrade for this cruise. Originally had a balcony room through CAS but 60 days out decided I wanted a suite. Called CAS and did the upgrade. Had to pay for it but decided I wanted the larger room for the 11 days. I think they are more reluctant to upgrade CAS clients to the higher cabins (owner suite) because our starting fare is lower than others....maybe?

Daughter decided not to go...had a concert she wanted to attend during the cruise here in Atlanta so everything worked out. See you on the ship. 7 days!!!!!!