NCL Jade Non-Haven 2BF Suite vs Haven 2BF Suite Dining Question

sunnykat

I just booked a Caribbean cruise on the Jade for April, 2018. My NCL cruise consultant told me that regular suites do NOT get the private breakfast/lunch dining option any longer. I questioned him multiple times, and he assured me that a regular suite is not entitled to the perk on any ship that offers the Haven level. He stated it is a perk in a regular suite ONLY if the Haven level is not offered (ex. Sun) Anyone out there have a different experience or info? I was stunned that this perk had been removed from the regular suite level. I went back and re-read non-Haven suite descriptions on the Jade and private dining is not listed. Thank you

If you think about it, this wouldn't even make sense for NCL to take that away from the non Haven suites. It would probably make more work for the butlers, as I imagine passengers in those suites would be more inclined to order breakfast and lunch in their cabin. I know that's what we would do.

If shoreside staff had the same “ training” I did as a customer service rep, that would explain the confusion. New call center reps are often trained by more senior staff chair side, which means they pick up all of their bad habits and misinformation. Why have a cabin dining area if in suite dining is discontinued? I would definitely chalk it up to poor training and misinformation.

I may have been unclear in my previous post about the dining. I was referring to having private breakfast & lunch in Cagney's (not in-room dining )as a non-haven suite perk. Sorry for any confusion. I would also add that I am a platinum plus cruiser and my CC is the same each cruise, not just whoever answers the phone during a booking. He has always been attentive and his information very accurate. I am still researching whether the perk has been eliminated for non-Haven suites. Thank you to all who have being responding.

I may have been unclear in my previous post about the dining. I was referring to having private breakfast & lunch in Cagney's (not in-room dining )as a non-haven suite perk. Sorry for any confusion. I would also add that I am a platinum plus cruiser and my CC is the same each cruise, not just whoever answers the phone during a booking. He has always been attentive and his information very accurate. I am still researching whether the perk has been eliminated for non-Haven suites. Thank you to all who have being responding.

Your cruise consultant might have just mixed the rules regarding only the Haven suites guests having access to the Haven restaurant (only on the larger ships, not on the Gem)? As on the larger ships, there are no non-Haven suites there are only guests in Haven suites who have access.... And on the the rest of the ships they don't have a Haven Restaurant and therefore all suite guests have breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants on board (on some ships it is in Cagney's and on other ships Moderno).

I may have been unclear in my previous post about the dining. I was referring to having private breakfast & lunch in Cagney's (not in-room dining )as a non-haven suite perk. Sorry for any confusion.

You were quite clear in your original post. I think one person misunderstood, but other than that we all seem to be talking about the same thing..

Regarding your PCC, they may have been accurate in the past, but considering the absolute garbage that people report being told by the NCL phone staff (specifically in the US, ours seem to be better), I really wouldn’t trust any of them.

I suspect that TrumpyNor is correct about the possible mix up. If you think about it, it would be odd for this perk to be given to every suite in the fleet expect for the non Haven ones on the Jewel class ships.

One other point, if this had been withdrawn from some suites then you wouldn't need to ask on this forum about it. There would be at least a dozen threads on the front page complaining about it, with about 95% of the posts being made by half a dozen people who will take the opportunity to tell everyone once again that they don't cruise with NCL any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

This would be a big and highly unpopular change. I just can't see it- but then again there have been lots of changes over the years that have surprised people. Please report back after your cruise.... if this has been implemented I'm surprised we aren't seeing lots of posts on it....

I'm not sure if you were referring to my post that mentioned in-room dining, but you were very clear in your post. I'm probably the one that wasn't clear in making my point :'). What I was attempting to say was that if non Haven suite guests could no longer use the suite restaurant, then they would probably be more inclined to just order breakfast and lunch into their cabin rather that having to hit one of the more crowded venues available to all passengers. That would just make more work for the butlers, so it really wouldn't make sense for NCL to take away the suite restaurant perk for non Haven suite passengers.

I don't see any advantage for the cruise line should they do this (they are still going to feed those guests, regardless of venue), and it would be extremely unpopular with the affected passengers.

I just think the shore person was mistaken.

Aren't all of the suites on the ships that have a Haven restaurant all considered Haven suites? I've only looked at the deck plans for a couple, but all the suites start with an H. Am I wrong?

The original poster is referring to the jewel class ships (Pearl, Jade, Gem, Jewel) where there are haven suites (start with H) and then non- haven SUITES (start with S). The only difference, historically, has been that the haven suites have access to the small 14th floor haven area. There is no haven restaurant on these ships. All suites (haven and non-haven) have breakfast and lunch in Cagney's/Moderno.

The original poster is referring to the jewel class ships (Pearl, Jade, Gem, Jewel) where there are haven suites (start with H) and then non- haven SUITES (start with S). The only difference, historically, has been that the haven suites have access to the small 14th floor haven area. There is no haven restaurant on these ships. All suites (haven and non-haven) have breakfast and lunch in Cagney's/Moderno.
I understood what the OP was saying, as I cruise in aft-penthouses all the time and they are SF and not allowed in the Haven area, but some posters were saying the shore person got mixed up thinking about dinner in the Haven restuarant and to my knowledge, those ships that have a dedicated Haven restaurant don't have any suites that are not an H category.

It has been a few years since we had this 2 bedroom suite on the Jade. We sailed it from Barcelona and got full Suite privileges. Breakfast and Lunch in Cagney's at the time. I loved this suite, you don't get Haven privileges but the suite is so nice that you don't need those. The service was great as well.

I understood what the OP was saying, as I cruise in aft-penthouses all the time and they are SF and not allowed in the Haven area, but some posters were saying the shore person got mixed up thinking about dinner in the Haven restuarant and to my knowledge, those ships that have a dedicated Haven restaurant don't have any suites that are not an H category.

I believe that you might be referring to my previous post, where I stated pretty much exactly the same as you do (but maybe not as clear, as English is not my first language...). :)

A related question...

On Jewel class ships, what does NCL do for Haven passengers to compensate for lack of Haven Restaurant?

You get to use another venue (Cagneys it Moderno) for breakfast and lunch. For the evening meal you have to mix with the riff raff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, it is still listed on the NCL website for "suites and penthouses"... it's under the "delicious extras" tab:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/cruise-suites-and-penthouses

Thank you for posting this link. You are exactly correct. I had searched the website looking for this info and couldn't find it. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Thank you for posting this link. You are exactly correct. I had searched the website looking for this info and couldn't find it. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.

No problem! I really hope (and assume) it's just a misunderstanding on the part of your CC..... enjoy your cruise!

No problem! I really hope (and assume) it's just a misunderstanding on the part of your CC..... enjoy your cruise!

My CC is still sticking with his story. He says he researched further and has confirmed he is correct. I guess I will find out for sure in April once I board the Jade.:cool:

My CC is still sticking with his story. He says he researched further and has confirmed he is correct. I guess I will find out for sure in April once I board the Jade.:cool:

Can you please ask him for additional details such as when was/is this effective, does it affect all Jewel-class ships, etc. If he has done his "research" he should know the answers to these questions.

I'll be upset if this is true because it's one of the perks I look forward to on Jewel-class ships. I'll be on the Jade before you, but I'd really like to know before I get there . Now that you've opened up this topic, any additional details your CC can provide are appreciated - thanks.

Today, I spoke to my CC again and he forwarded me to a res supervisor who assures me this is accurate info. I asked him when this went into effect and he said "it's always been this way". Well no, it hasn't. I have stayed in regular non-Haven suites on other Jewel class ships and been able to have private breakfast/lunch w/the Haven guests. I told him I was on the Jade 11/16 in a regular 2BF suite and had the private dining. Plus, I pointed out that the website lists it as a delicious extra and the on-line chat agents to whom you can pose ship/cruise questions have told me twice that regular suites enjoy this benefit. The super and my CC both told me they have been trained to understand the private breakfast/lunch are only for Haven guests. Regular suites enjoy the benefit ONLY if the ship doesn't offer a Haven level/ex. Sun. The super then referred me to the Concierge Desk as he said "they are quite experienced and used to these questions". I called them and the person to whom I spoke assured me that a regular suite guest is most definitely entitled to the private dining option. My frustration knows no bounds so I have emailed corporate to see if they will answer me. It baffles me as to why the info is so inconsistent and shrouded in such mystery. I will update when/if corporate responds.