No infinite veranda in suites on Edge?

12marshall

On deck plans you can see all the cabins that are marked with infinite verandas and it appears that suites are not included.

For example if you look at deck 9 you can see most state rooms have infinite verandas....

9302-yes but 9304 and aft suites like 9306- no. The lack of these infinite verandas is also evident from exterior view renderings on another thread. Any one know for sure if S1s will be lacking the infinite verandas?

That would be terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do not have them.

With 299 feet in the cabin and 165 feet balcony you don't need a gimmick to give the perception of more space.

You'll also be able to enjoy the sun more if that is your thing.

According to the descriptions of the suite sizes and balcony sizes the balcony on the Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite are much smaller than on the S or M class ships. Even the Sky Suites have bigger balconies. I wonder if the RS and CS have the infinite veranda.

With 299 feet in the cabin and 165 feet balcony you don't need a gimmick to give the perception of more space.

^^^^ While an interesting and attractive concept on first hearing, as I've learned more about Infinite Veranda I do see it more as a gimmick. The real result of the concept is more room in the cabin and little difference in the veranda "experience". Since the Sky Suites (and all other suites for that matter) have more room in the cabin to begin with, an infinite veranda adds little of value so I can easily see why they don't have them for suites.

Why do the accordion doors "have " to be open....?

I thought it was open or closed, and with an option to have half of the balc glass go up or down...when the accordions are closed...otherwise it is just a window view room.

We enjoy AQ class with BLU so no choice.

We also picked one that turned out to have bed by balc...it was too late to switch. Not sure how folding door will open with bed by door

Eventually we'll all find out...

According to the descriptions of the suite sizes and balcony sizes the balcony on the Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite are much smaller than on the S or M class ships. Even the Sky Suites have bigger balconies. I wonder if the RS and CS have the infinite veranda.

Based on the diagram on celebrity's website, it looks like the CS may have a regular balcony AND an infinite veranda. If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like the living room area has an infinite veranda and the bedroom area has a regular balcony. 28b41725776b91814193e59c97e24ef2.jpg

Based on the diagram on celebrity's website, it looks like the CS may have a regular balcony AND an infinite veranda. If I'm reading it correctly, it looks like the living room area has an infinite veranda and the bedroom area has a regular balcony. 28b41725776b91814193e59c97e24ef2.jpg

That extra area has been called a loggia (yes had to look it up :)). It's also been called a sunroom - I think if it was an infinite balcony the listed sq ft of the balcony would be more than 51 sq ft? It will be interesting to see what that area turns out to be like.

Now what about Sky Suite S3's. Ours is between the rails for the Magic Carpet on deck nine. Infinite balcony? Bed facing outside?[/https://www.google.com/amp/s/skift.com/2017/03/17/interview-celebrity-cruises-ceo-on-getting-the-edge-in-first-ship-design-in-a-decade/amp/

Lisa PL discusses that the Sky Suites have the real estate to face the ocean in this article about 3/4 down. Remains to be seen if all do.

Now what about Sky Suite S3's. Ours is between the rails for the Magic Carpet on deck nine. Infinite balcony? Bed facing outside?[/https://www.google.com/amp/s/skift.com/2017/03/17/interview-celebrity-cruises-ceo-on-getting-the-edge-in-first-ship-design-in-a-decade/amp/

Lisa PL discusses that the Sky Suites have the real estate to face the ocean in this article about 3/4 down. Remains to be seen if all do.

You messed up on your link, try posting it again.

That extra area has been called a loggia (yes had to look it up :)). It's also been called a sunroom - I think if it was an infinite balcony the listed sq ft of the balcony would be more than 51 sq ft? It will be interesting to see what that area turns out to be like.

Interesting, we booked in AQ, and plan to use the Infinite Balc like a sun room, loggia...with ability to open the window a bit, looks like these suite guests may have the best of both worlds,,,

Interesting, we booked in AQ, and plan to use the Infinite Balc like a sun room, loggia...with ability to open the window a bit, looks like these suite guests may have the best of both worlds,,,

It is intriguing- looking forward to actual pictures. The prices went through the roof and sold out on at least one of my cruises.

Hope we will do a cabin crawl - it would be fun to see all these new configurations!

Thanks for the link. I looked at the web site a few times and never saw this. Makes me sad we did not finalize our Edge sailing but the timing just didn't work.

• 9 months later...