Recent MUTS Movies

MsSoCalCruiser

Oscar nominations are announced on Tuesday. Princess does a pretty good job of getting those movies fairly quickly as long as their first run in the theaters is over. But most of those end up in the Princess Theater on sea days or to fill nights with pre-dinner shows. If interested in MUTS exclusively I'm sure you know that 95% of MUTS movies are either mainstream rom-coms (lots of PG-13 sex where the woman leaves her bra on all night) or mainstream superhero comics (where the bad guys die in a melee of Saturday-morning-cartoon violence). Avoid watching those between now and your cruise and you will be fine.

...and as much as I hate stickies on these boards, our hosts really should create a "Single Thread for Current Movies on All Princess Ships" one. I am truly befuddled by how often this question is asked--who has time to go to the movie theater in the weeks leading up to a vacation? And unless you have Netflix or a similar pay streaming service, the onboard movies are usually yet to be available in your home (at least for someone behind the times like me who merely has HBO and Showtime).

Recent MUTS on Ruby:

Battle of Sexes

War for Planet of Apes

Valerian and City of 1000 Planets

Wonder Woman

Spider-Man Homecoming

Going in Style

We were on the Crown over New Year's and they showed all but the Valerian movie at MUTS. Dunkirk was also shown in the theatre one day - not sure if that was a MUTS leftover or a one off. Wonder Woman is definitely worth catching and Going In Style was also a cute movie...those were the only two we ventured up top for. Enjoy your cruise!

Oscar nominations are announced on Tuesday. Princess does a pretty good job of getting those movies fairly quickly as long as their first run in the theaters is over. But most of those end up in the Princess Theater on sea days or to fill nights with pre-dinner shows. If interested in MUTS exclusively I'm sure you know that 95% of MUTS movies are either mainstream rom-coms (lots of PG-13 sex where the woman leaves her bra on all night) or mainstream superhero comics (where the bad guys die in a melee of Saturday-morning-cartoon violence). Avoid watching those between now and your cruise and you will be fine.

...and as much as I hate stickies on these boards, our hosts really should create a "Single Thread for Current Movies on All Princess Ships" one. I am truly befuddled by how often this question is asked--who has time to go to the movie theater in the weeks leading up to a vacation? And unless you have Netflix or a similar pay streaming service, the onboard movies are usually yet to be available in your home (at least for someone behind the times like me who merely has HBO and Showtime).

Thank you. A sticky is a great idea. It would be a huge help for a lot of people.

I do have Netflix and Amazon prime so I just won't watch any movies for the next month and maybe I'll have something new to watch on the ship.

How funny, why wouldn't you have time to go to the movie theater in the weeks leading up to a vacation? For me those weeks are no different than any others. I work all day and come home and work some more or watch TV and play on my iPad. And you?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

Thank you. A sticky is a great idea. It would be a huge help for a lot of people.

I do have Netflix and Amazon prime so I just won't watch any movies for the next month and maybe I'll have something new to watch on the ship.

How funny, why wouldn't you have time to go to the movie theater in the weeks leading up to a vacation? For me those weeks are no different than any others. I work all day and come home and work some more or watch TV and play on my iPad. And you?

One thing we have noticed (at least on Royal and Regal Princess) is that whatever movie is being shown on MUTS will be available on your cabin TV within 24-48 hours.

They do exactly that and then on the next cruise repeat the same thing over again.

First show it on MUTS and the following day on the TV.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Star in January and movies offered were: Victoria and Abdul, Three Billboards, The Greatest Showman, Battle of the Sexes, Gifted, Goodbye Christopher Robin, Dunkirk, The Mummy, Murder on the Orient Express, Valarian, Guardians of the Galaxy, Beauty and the Beast, Wonder Woman and Spider Man.

It was a 2 week cruise. ;p

We were on the Star in January and movies offered were: Victoria and Abdul, Three Billboards, The Greatest Showman, Battle of the Sexes, Gifted, Goodbye Christopher Robin, Dunkirk, The Mummy, Murder on the Orient Express, Valarian, Guardians of the Galaxy, Beauty and the Beast, Wonder Woman and Spider Man.

Two weeks! Don’t I wish!

Thank you for sharing this with me. I just received the entertainment email and all it listed was Battle of the Sexes and Murder on the Orient Express. Luckily we have not seen these movies so thats a good thing for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At least they've added a few new ones in the last month.