Rccl diamond plus status vs elite status on Celebrity

Happy Flip Flop

Hi

I am going on a cruise on Celebrity. Just wondering if celebrity offers happy hour event every night for elite status . Thanks for your response

Yes, except the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

I am going on a cruise on Celebrity. Just wondering if celebrity offers happy hour event every night for elite status . Thanks for your response

We were Elite on Celebrity with 10 cruises and love the happy hour. It is usually held in the Sky Lounge at the bow of the ship. It is from 5-7PM except the first night of the cruise.

We recently did our first Royal C. cruise on Explorer of the Seas, TransPacific 23 days Sydney to Seattle.

We loved the Diamond happy hour from 4:30 to 8. We could order wine with our meals until 8pm. Can't do that on Celebrity. On our Explorer cruise we didn't purchase any alcohol at all during the 23 cruise. With Celebrity we usually buy wine for our meals, although less than we would if we weren't elite.

Sometimes Celebrity has so many Elites that they issue coupons. The coupons are paper and you get three for each evening, You can't use them in the dining rooms and only use them in certain bars.

Hi

As others have posted yes except the first evening and the senior offices party later in the cruise. Also Celebrity doesn't do the buffet style for the snacks. Servers bring around hors d oeuvres. Generally Celebrity doesn't load the 3 drinks nightly on your Seapass card to have at a lounge of your choice like RC does. There is an exception to that based on the number of upper tier levels on a specific cruise. We've never experienced it. We feel the Celebrity HH events are way less crowded than the RC HH events. We enjoy both Celebrity's and RC's HHs. Enjoy.:champagne-toast:

Recently did the Trans Atlantic on Eclipse, many Elite and above. It was the first cruise for this ship that they loaded the 3 drinks on your seapass rather than coupons. There was some confusion from the waiters and bartenders on how the system worked but after after a few days they had it down pat.

We were on the Silhouette TA in April We had three drinks loaded on our card and could use them in the dining room or theatre before 7pm. The server in the dining room topped our glasses up during the meal, much to our surprise. The drinks were available every night except the first. Appetizers were passed in the Sky Lounge and in one other bar. I forget which one because we didn’t go there. We didn’t think the apps were as good as on previous cruises, but we did like the variety of places to drink. We usually had two drinks in the Sky Lounge and one with dinner. There were 1500 Elite and above on that cruise, or so I was told.

Sheila

I haven't sailed Royal Caribbean line yet, but have done several on Celebrity. On my last trans-atlantic in April, due to the number of Elites, Elite Plus & Zenith, our sea passes were loaded with 3 drinks per day...could use them in the Sky lounge and even the MDR between 5 - 7 pm. Glass of wine with dinner was great for us with early seating. So I guess it depends on how many Elite & above members there are. Enjoy your cruise.

The cocktail "hour" on Celebrity is only for 2 hours, 5-7 PM. And as noted above not on the first night nor the Officers' Party night. There are other perks such as free bag of laundry, one free gellato (yummm), 90 minutes free wi-fi, and others.

• 1 month later...