All Inclusive

I would keep an eye on the prices, they do tend to fluctuate especially the Newcastle sailings. When comparing with other cruise lines you need to take everything into account as Marella not only include drinks but tips as well.

Tips can be removed on most other cruise lines. Although Marella include tips in the price of the cruise almost everyone tips their waiters, cabin staff and anyone else who provides good service.

Drinks are included on the newer ships but not all are premium brands which incur a supplement. Bottled water is not included in the AI nor is the Coffee Port and some restaurants.

Drinks service can be very slow as there is not enough bar staff.

The included drinks package is impressive on the latest ships with well known brands in all categories. There is the premium package with even more. I found no need for bottled water as carbon filtered chilled water is available throughout the ship. You even get a carafe to put it in. Some passengers think it is a flower vase ;p

edit - it appears all cabins on Explorer have fridges, at least outside ones have

How much is it currently to upgrade to premium on discovery 2? Also does anyone have the latest bar menu?

Was 50 Pounds per week on Discovery last month. I have a photocopy of the latest drinks menu - if you say which categories you are interested in I will jot them down on here (not clever enough to post photos lol).

It was £50 per person per week on Explorer and was worth every penny. The cocktails in indigo were amazing, the upgraded prosecco, rums, brandies and malts in aperitif. Made our holiday special.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The included drinks package is impressive on the latest ships with well known brands in all categories. There is the premium package with even more. I found no need for bottled water as carbon filtered chilled water is available throughout the ship. You even get a carafe to put it in. Some passengers think it is a flower vase ;p

edit - it appears all cabins on Explorer have fridges, at least outside ones have

Are there fridges in balcony cabins on Discovery 2?

• 3 weeks later...

:cool:

Check my signature and you can see that we have done similar cruises to you and have booked already on Discovery 2 for August next year (back to back - 2 weeks) so may see you on board.

Have been on many cruises where drinks are strong and aplenty but never had trouble with the common people as they don't normally cruise.

I hope the last sentence was tongue in cheek :rolleyes:

Pension cruiser - Only just noticed your post abour premium upgrade on the Celebration, as we were on her at the time. The premium upgrade is £50 per week, and in our opinion, is well worth it. First time we have upgraded in over 30 cruises with Tui/Marella, but definitely not the last.

Pension cruiser - Only just noticed your post abour premium upgrade on the Celebration, as we were on her at the time. The premium upgrade is £50 per week, and in our opinion, is well worth it. First time we have upgraded in over 30 cruises with Tui/Marella, but definitely not the last.
Thanks for that, just a couple of months until sample it myself[emoji483] [emoji483]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Or they could have said we have a whippet that always wins its races, and our flat cap business is very busy now Huddersfield have stayed in the premiership ,

SKA, Huddersfield Town & cruises what a trilogy [emoji122]

Gosh 10 members they'd never fit on our local stages and probably too expensive too!! Seems they are only south west based so no chance of seeing them up north - maybe catch them when holidaying in Cornwall ��

I saw them when we went to Devon & Cornwall ,free concert they are very good I have the cd on all the time .