Coastal Kitchen Oasis of the Seas

We will be on the Oasis this Saturday sailing in a suite. Is there anything special we need to know about having breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Coastal Kitchen on Deck 17?

On our 12/6 sailing, the menu was the same everyday. We enjoyed the solitude, excellent service and food. We weren't too crazy about the furniture (made it look like a cheap cafeteria) but understand that new furniture has been ordered. We would have eaten every dinner in CK if the menu were more varied, but after the third night got tired of the menu offerings and ventured out. We had every breakfast there. Don't remember eating lunch there. I remember going to Park Cafe to get my favorite Roast Beef sandwiches instead.

On our 12/6 sailing, the menu was the same everyday. We enjoyed the solitude, excellent service and food. We weren't too crazy about the furniture (made it look like a cheap cafeteria) but understand that new furniture has been ordered. We would have eaten every dinner in CK if the menu were more varied, but after the third night got tired of the menu offerings and ventured out. We had every breakfast there. Don't remember eating lunch there. I remember going to Park Cafe to get my favorite Roast Beef sandwiches instead.

Since every meal is prepared to order, they can vary some things to your liking. They want to please. Also the second formal night they serve lobster, which is not on the menu.

Wonderful perk. Very acceptable breakfast and lunch buffet. Excellent service from Rose and Lovelyn (among others). These two young ladies made our day whenever we went to the lounge. We wanted to bring them home with us.

Rose is from South Africa and is a descendant from a Zulu tribe. She has an interesting accent that has a "click" on certain consonants when she talks. DW had a great time trying to learn some words in her native language.

Wonderful perk. Very acceptable breakfast and lunch buffet. Excellent service from Rose and Lovelyn (among others). These two young ladies made our day whenever we went to the lounge. We wanted to bring them home with us.

Rose is from South Africa and is a descendant from a Zulu tribe. She has an interesting accent that has a "click" on certain consonants when she talks. DW had a great time trying to learn some words in her native language.

Wait, breakfast and lunch in CK is buffet style?

It was on the week we were on Oasis. This was the first week that Coastal Kitchen was open, so they were going to add sit down lunch (and possibly breakfast?) starting over the next two weeks. So that is why I said buffet, as that was our experience.

Edited by Hypo

There was sit down breakfast when we sailed in November. I am not sure about lunch as we never ate there.

On embarkation day they had a lunch buffet in the suite lounge section. Also on disembarkation day they had a buffet breakfast.

Edited by A&L_Ont

It was on the week we were on Oasis. This was the first week that Coastal Kitchen was open, so they were going to add sit down lunch (and possibly breakfast?) starting over the next two weeks. So that is why I said buffet, as that was our experience.

We were on the cruise after Hypo, and we had both sit-down breakfast and lunch on the CK side, and the buffet set up on the SL side. Debarkation day was buffet only.

How is the buffet different selection wise then the WJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The SL has more of an appetizer setup rather than a buffet, nothing like the WJ. The CK is a full sit down lunch

Edited by setsail

Was everyone able to make reservations for Coastal Kitchen before boarding?

Dining just opened up for my cruise in May, but CK is not an option... (and yes, I am in a suite ;))

I am sailing in February and have not been able to make reservations for CK.