Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Has anyone booked a future cruise while onboard Q? Just wondering what kind of discounts they offer for booking while on board.

Discounts would be the same as if booking on any other ship in the fleet.

Here are the details compliments of Patti.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457&highlight=current

We book on board for our next cruise and have done it several times. Booking onboard gives you an onboard credit for the next cruise, plus you only have to put $100 deposit per person. You can change dates if you need to with no penalty.

You also receive $150 on board credit. I've done this 4 times already. I booked the Anthem with this future cruise and plan to buy another while on Quantum.

If you book a specific cruise on board you will get the higher OBC, however if you change dates of that sailing they are now reducing the OBC to the same as if you were doing an open booking.

If you book a specific cruise on board you will get the higher OBC, however if you change dates of that sailing they are now reducing the OBC to the same as if you were doing an open booking.

On my recent OASIS TA sailing I chose a cruise and the agent specifically asked me if I planned on changing it when new itineraries came out. I told him I was and he said "I will put a notation on the booking so when you do you will receive the same onboard credit'

Of course time will tell :)

On my recent OASIS TA sailing I chose a cruise and the agent specifically asked me if I planned on changing it when new itineraries came out. I told him I was and he said "I will put a notation on the booking so when you do you will receive the same onboard credit'

Of course time will tell :)

Thanks for the tip, I hope it works.:)

If you want to ensure that you get no charges from your cell carrier while on the ship, then put the phone in airplane mode and then turn on WiFi. This ensures only WiFi is on and you can use the internet package on the ship without incurring any cell carrier charges.

Thanks Bob!

Thanks Cruisenfever. I was telling my wife that I think we are cutting it way to close. I think we will book a flight for the next day and spend the day in New York city,I have never been there.

You're making the right decision.....When I read your initial post I saw all sorts of potential pitfalls that could easily occur. The stress level to complete your flight plan would certainly detract from the cruise and wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.

Skip

NORTH STAR STUCK IN THE AIR with people I kid you not! They have people trying to get it down, stuck for last 10 minutes!

Might be difficult getting under the Verrazano bridge tomorrow that way.

Edited by clarea

You don't need to book an actual cruise while on board. When you'er ready you can book with Royal Caribbean direct or your personal travel agent, at any point in time.

What my husband and I do is book a future cruise certificate with him as prime and a guest. Then I also book a future cruise certificate with me as prime and a guest. That way it only costs us $100 deposit each but we can take B2B cruises for only the $200 ititial deposit. They don't tell you that you can do that but you can. I always leave off the TA so that I can book on-line and transfer the cruises to our TA when we deceide to do it. We did this for the Inaugural cruises because the inital booking took place on a week end and our TA's office was closed. Then on 8:00am on the day we were aloud to book I was on the phone to RCCL. (hope this is understandable)

Take care...

Irene and Miles