Under Galley vs. Near Elevators

pbenjamin

We currently have reserved mini-suites 11604 and 06 on the Jewel. Since booking I learned that these are under the galley that serves the buffet and La Cucina. We could change to 11624 and 26 which are near the stairwell/elevator area. Which do you think would be quieter? What would you do?

I don't have a real basis for comparison, but several times, I've been right around the corner from the elevators, or even backing onto the elevator shaft, and I've heard nothing. I would think that might be quieter than being under the galley. I also haven't heard loud noises from the people getting onto/getting off of/waiting for elevators.

--Michael

I would definitely book near the elevator. Our room on the Breakaway was the closest one to the elevators and it was extremely quiet & super convenient. We said we're going to choose a room near the elevators in the future.

We purposefully book as close to elevators as we can so we don't have to spend forever walking up and down those LONG skinny hallways. We've never noticed any noise, but I should add that we aren't bothered by noise.