needle disposal for diabetics

There are usually disposal containers in your cabin. If not, just ask your cabin steward and he will be happy to provide one and replace it when full. He can also remove any items from the small fridge in the room if your insulin requires refrigeration.

If you don't get an answer for this before sailing - all cruise ships have an emergency first aid station - see

the personnel for an answer.

In the mean time while you accumulate needles take an empty water bottle and place the used needles

in there until further safe disposal is available either on or off the ship.

Of course Please don't expose your cabin steward to these hazards and point out the water bottle as being

a storage container with the needles inside so that it is not trashed with other trash.

Thanks for the GOOD QUESTION - I am sure others will be interested in the answer !

Room Steward will provide a sharps container, just ask. You can also bring your own. My travel companion gets a great little travel sharps container from that A-Z online store that is perfect for what she uses. It also locks shut when its full so no one is exposed to the used material. We've also found one that is very portable at the box stores.

Thank you! I've never noticed them before. Maybe its just because we didn't have to worry about that in the past.

Do you also request a special diet for meals?

As noted, there is normally a sharps container in the room nowadays. Your steward will get you one if it is not. There are also large sharps containers in public restrooms. Move the adhesive label from the side to the top when you leave the room for the final time.

Not sure that you really need a special diet. Order smartly from the regular menus avoiding carbs. There are always “no sugar added” desserts and ice creams on the dinner menu and at the buffet. If there is something that you “absolutely must have”, eat a small portion. Sounds like you are a recent diebetic, so you know what foods to avoid. I would not limit yourself to something someone prepares specially.