New poster and new to cruising

Sweetpea6468

Hi all

We are just about to book sea princess depart from Brisbane on December 28th this year. But some of the reviews are not so good about the ship and the service. Should we worry about the reviews? :confused:We can only go this time of the year due to work commitment. Should we look at another cruise and regions maybe?

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Keep in mind that the reviews are written anonymously. So, take each with a grain of salt. That said, if many criticize the same thing or things I would consider that in your decision. We were on the Dawn Princess (Sister of the Sea Princess) in September/October 2011 and had a wonderful time.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We have been on over 30 Princess cruises and they were all good.

I agree about Princess. Haters are going to hate. Some people will complain about an entire cruise just because their coffee wasn't hot enough one time. A lot about enjoying or disliking a cruise deoends on you. If you go in realizing that maybe, just maybe, things won't go perfect but that you will "go with the flow" you stand a much better chance of enjoying yourself. If you go in being a nit picker then no cruise will satisfy you. I always find more things enjoyable than problematic.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

No cruise is going to be absolutely perfect for every person on board. Those who are unhappy are more likely to post reviews. Go with a positive outlook and you will likely have a wonderful time. If you haven't done so, take a look at some of the YouTube videos on the Sea Princess. Here is a link to one and once there you will find some others.

Thank you very one, you're so kind :)

This is going to be our second time. We have been on short cruise 6 nights with star cruise a few years back. we had the best time just being together. Then we dint know anything about cruise critic.

Your comment made more senses. We just going with the flow and enjoy ourselves.

Again thank you :)

Hi all

We are just about to book sea princess depart from Brisbane on December 28th this year. But some of the reviews are not so good about the ship and the service. Should we worry about the reviews? :confused:We can only go this time of the year due to work commitment. Should we look at another cruise and regions maybe?

Thanks

I've been on the Sea and have nothing but good things to say about the ship. The food was decent, the cabins I had were kept clean by my stewards, who were very cordial and helpful. I felt the ship was very pleasant to be on, it was always clean and the crew were always professional.

Personally I don't think you would be disappointed cruising on her.

I read the rules for a general consensus........but I go with the 100% rule......no value judgements until I try the ship or cruise line on my own:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Sea Princess is a perfect size nicely laid out ship -- very easy to get around.

We cruised on her several times when she was in the Caribbean and really really enjoyed that ship!

Plan to have a wonderful time! :)

LuLu

~~~~

If this is really the only itinerary that works for you, just go!

Because it is your first cruise, you have nothing to compare it with and it will be a wonderful experience.

The Princess line is one of the better cruise lines and their ships have a lovely ambiance, nice pools, great shows and good food.

Just their cabins and bathrooms are a bit old fashioned (even on their new ship), but their Atriums and public spaces are really nice.

Archived