Your Time Dining Not an Option

roxanne101

Hi all. I searched and couldn't find the answer anywhere, so hopefully someone can be of assistance. For past cruises, I've been able to see 3 dining options. This time, I only see late and early dining. I have been assigned to late as early is at capacity. We will be traveling with my very active 3 year old niece and my family would rather we have our own table to avoid any awkwardness if she misbehaves at dinner. We did book a month out, so I understand there might be a wait list for Your Time Dining, but why is it not appearing as an option? We have two separate reservations and neither one is showing Your Time as an option. This if for the Triumph 4 day cruise. Is that option just no longer available on this cruise? I've never been on a 4 day cruise so not sure if that's the reason it's not offered. Thanks for all who can assist.

Hi all. I searched and couldn't find the answer anywhere, so hopefully someone can be of assistance. For past cruises, I've been able to see 3 dining options. This time, I only see late and early dining. I have been assigned to late as early is at capacity. We will be traveling with my very active 3 year old niece and my family would rather we have our own table to avoid any awkwardness if she misbehaves at dinner. We did book a month out, so I understand there might be a wait list for Your Time Dining, but why is it not appearing as an option? We have two separate reservations and neither one is showing Your Time as an option. This if for the Triumph 4 day cruise. Is that option just no longer available on this cruise? I've never been on a 4 day cruise so not sure if that's the reason it's not offered. Thanks for all who can assist.

I don't know the answer. Have you contacted Carnival to ask your question? Surely they would know.

I usually book in advance so never had this problem. Also never did assigned dining, but it's nice to know you can still choose to sit with just your family if you choose. I haven't been able to call them yet, but I probably will give them a call later just to confirm. Thanks everyone for your help!

Once you board the ship, see the maitre d, and tell him your needs, likely he will try to help you!:D

Email maitred for your ship and request a table just for the number of people in your party...personally I would feed the 3 yr early and drop her at kids club until your late dinner is over...that may be a little late for a 3 yr old for dinner and maybe a plan B would be warranted...she may have more fun in kids club playg?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

So what happens if you have late dining and decide you want to eat early. Are you just not able to eat in the MDR?

Yes, if you choose to eat earlier than your assigned dining time, you have to eat somewhere besides the dining room. All ships have the buffet as an alternative, and there are other options (differ depending on the ship) such as pizza, deli, BBQ, burgers and burritos. There are also $ options such as steakhouse or sushi or Italian- again it depends on the ship.

Also, if people try the dining room but need to leave early because a child cannot stick it out, your dining room team will get you a box so you can take your meal with you to finish after you sort out the little one.

When my son was three or four, we took him to a late lunch, then he would eat with us through one or two courses, then we took him to the kids club. He didn’t want to sit there for two hours with us while we had adult time. The kids club also will eat dinner together, usually about 6pm, so you could drop her off if you cannot get the time changed. You can ask for a table alone , I feel you on that , even the years where we had assigned dining, we never had any table mates. It was always just our group. We usually travel with six of us, they have sat us at a table for 8 or 10 never has anyone else joined our table. We started doing YTD the last two cruises and do ask for a table for two or if we have a large party, we ask to sit alone with our party. We are a loud bunch and don’t want to subject others to our quirks. Lol. We wouldn’t be opposed to sitting with others but never had to. My son had been cruising since he was little, so he could sit for dinner without getting rowdy. A few times he would get sleepy but it was boredom and when I saw it, I would ask him if he wants to go to the kids club and he would instantly wake up .

Sent from my iPad using Forums