gym to room after 6pm in gym clothes without the wrath of the dress code pack?

Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:44 AM.
North Carolina
6,081 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by Bobtails12
my rule on stairs is must be used for whole cruise - only allow lifts on first day with bags and last day with bags......am always fascinated with people using gym then getting lift 1 or 2 floors - usually going down.
We have the same rule, unless I'm in heels. But since I almost never pack heels these days, stairs it is!

Thanks for input on the caviar - I won't worry about it if we don't experience it but will be excited if we do.

And I might even hit the gym. But it will be in the morning
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seabourn 11 night Alaska 8/31/2018
Azamara 10 night Thailand/Vietnam Nov 2016
Avalon Vista Christmas Market 12/2014
Pacific Princess 12 day Black Sea 9/4/11

HAL Westerdam 15 day Panama Canal 10/08
Pacific Princess Alaska 9/5/2007

HAL Maasdam Southern Caribbean 10/28/06
HAL Alaska 1986
Scandinavian living in UK
1,054 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
I use the stairs too. The main staircase (circular on the deck plans) does get a lot of use, but the other staircases next to the lifts/elevators forward and aft don't see much footfall at all.

I'd recommend horse blinkers over sunglasses for furtive gym expeditions.
Bay Area
4,620 Posts
Joined Jan 2009

my rule on stairs is must be used for whole cruise - only allow lifts on first day with bags and last day with bags......am always fascinated with people using gym then getting lift 1 or 2 floors - usually going down.
That sounds like a good premise for a comedy video or some memes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
FRANCE
141 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Originally posted by Isklaar
I use the stairs too. The main staircase (circular on the deck plans) does get a lot of use, but the other staircases next to the lifts/elevators forward and aft don't see much footfall at all.

I'd recommend horse blinkers over sunglasses for furtive gym expeditions.
yes but i like to match - so if i wore the blinkers i'd want to wear the saddle and the whip- and that might give out a mixed message to the fifty shades of grey meeting group... and would blinkers be smart casual or formal?

it reminds me of previous jumbo ship cruise where i ordered a bells and whistles smoke and light show drink- went to the bathroom thinking it would be ages - came back and my partner was being chatted up by a fellow passenger - i never read the daily bulletin outside of onshore offshore times etc - and music times - so hadn't realised this bar was a single and mingle meeting point every night.

so every night when i left them there with a fancy drink on order- some nice passenger would use the fancy smoked mirror drink as a starting point for conversation - was about 5 days before I discovered i was leaving them in the singles party...

i just thought god they must be looking well- they're getting loads of random attention....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CUNARD - STAR CLIPPERS - AZAMARA - CELEBRITY
Scandinavian living in UK
1,054 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Smart casual for plain ones. Formal for ones bedecked with Swarovski (sp) crystals.

Seriously, I hope this thread has put your mind at rest.
It's been good to have fun on a dress code type thread.
FRANCE
141 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Originally posted by Isklaar
Smart casual for plain ones. Formal for ones bedecked with Swarovski (sp) crystals.

Seriously, I hope this thread has put your mind at rest.
It's been good to have fun on a dress code type thread.
can't talk....busy on amazon trying to buy a glue gun and crystals ....can't you make everything formal with crystals

solves all my problems.

reminds me of another cruise with typo in sign by dining room ..." ladies must wear skirt with a top that compliments it" had images of blouses being extra nice and saying lovely things to skirts....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Massachusetts
68 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by suegrape
Can you tell me about the gym? What type of classes are there? Do they have spin bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
I tried to upload some pictures. They do not have spin bikes. The classes were more like movement and things like that but I did not really pay attention to that. 8 treadmills. About 6 bikes (3 regular and 3 recumbent) and 4 elliptical. About 6 or 7 technogym machines for various body parts and a multi-functional machines. Also dumbells etc. They do not have any equipment I use with my trainer at home like exercise balls, resistance bands etc. It is located in the spa on the stern of deck 10 with great views. Each cardio station has a tv and they supply headphones. It is interesting that there is only 1 scale on board that has to be shared between the men's and ladies changing rooms. It was never crowded. I usually went in late afternoon so I do not know how it was in the morning. Have a great trip.
Oakland, CA USA
2,264 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by markham
No worries from me when gym users use corridors for what they are intended to be used for.

Further, a good example of where everyone seems happy night and day is around the Sky Bar, another great Seabourn “event”. There you have all sorts of dress, walkers walking and gym users heading back to or forward to their cabins. I reserved my remarks for the Obs Bar, the Grand Salon, The Club and the restaurants where gym clothing would be out of place, if not to the oblivious wearer, then to everyone else.

Happy and healthy sailing!
Agree with you Markham. I stopped at the Sky Bar for my fizzy water after my workout, and never considered any other public areas until after I have showered and changed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 59 Days
Crystal: 38 Days
Princess: 28 Days
Oceania: 14 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days
Carnival: 3 Days
Goodtime II: 1 Day
FRANCE
141 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Originally posted by DUHCAR
I want to cruise with Bobtails12!

well if you ever see a passenger with bedazzled blinkers....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
FRANCE
141 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Originally posted by Emptynesters38
I tried to upload some pictures. They do not have spin bikes. The classes were more like movement and things like that but I did not really pay attention to that. 8 treadmills. About 6 bikes (3 regular and 3 recumbent) and 4 elliptical. About 6 or 7 technogym machines for various body parts and a multi-functional machines. Also dumbells etc. They do not have any equipment I use with my trainer at home like exercise balls, resistance bands etc. It is located in the spa on the stern of deck 10 with great views. Each cardio station has a tv and they supply headphones. It is interesting that there is only 1 scale on board that has to be shared between the men's and ladies changing rooms. It was never crowded. I usually went in late afternoon so I do not know how it was in the morning. Have a great trip.
thanks empty nester...on a serious note- is there water and fridge for cold towels? i feel it helps in cooling red head- so as to look decent for dinner...

very brave of you to be looking for a scale on holidays...in my youth I might have done that - now as long as everything still zips and feels good- then i am happy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Perth, Australia
1,488 Posts
Joined May 2009
thanks empty nester...on a serious note- is there water and fridge for cold towels? i feel it helps in cooling red head- so as to look decent for dinner...

very brave of you to be looking for a scale on holidays...in my youth I might have done that - now as long as everything still zips and feels good- then i am happy.
Hi Bobtails12.....there is water kept in the fridge but no cold towels in the fridge. Maybe roll one up and put it on the bottom of the fridge before you do your workout?

I am like you, I check my weight quite often at home but refuse to look when I board the ship. I will worry about it when I get home . But using the stairs constantly and keeping active usually keeps the damage manageable.

Julie
FRANCE
141 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
thanks all.

i probably wouldn't put a towel in the water fridge- as could cross contaminate water bottles- and staff would get in trouble - but would do a ice bucket in sink in cabin with water for a bit of cooling face mini plunge.

thanks all for your help.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature