Dining and alcohol questions

Ambermark

sorry if this hasn’t been asked before, I have done a search but still confused lol.

We’ve booked to go on navigator later in the year, we haven’t booked any dining packages, just what came with our booking. I know we won’t be able to eat in some of the other restaurants (we’re allowed the main one, windjammer and a cafe am I right?) but the booking for the main one confuses me. Are we only allowed to eat at certain times unless we pay more? Or do those who pay more have promised bookings and we have to wait?

Also I know you’re only allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board at the start. But when we are stopping am I allowed to buy more and bring it back on for gifts when I get home? I’ve got a drinks package so I won’t be drinking it on board lol. I just usually bring a bottle or two back for my Mum for house sitting. Thanks for all the help :)

The main dining room is only open at set times, but you can definitely eat there during those times. Your booking should include either an early or late assigned time, or the option of ‘My Time Dining’ which is where you pick the time each night. If you have MTD, you don’t have to reserve a time but you might have to wait a little for a table at certain times.

There are no reservations for breakfast or lunch, everyone is welcome whenever they are open for those meals.

sorry if this hasn’t been asked before, I have done a search but still confused lol.

We’ve booked to go on navigator later in the year, we haven’t booked any dining packages, just what came with our booking. I know we won’t be able to eat in some of the other restaurants (we’re allowed the main one, windjammer and a cafe am I right?) but the booking for the main one confuses me. Are we only allowed to eat at certain times unless we pay more? Or do those who pay more have promised bookings and we have to wait?

Also I know you’re only allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board at the start. But when we are stopping am I allowed to buy more and bring it back on for gifts when I get home? I’ve got a drinks package so I won’t be drinking it on board lol. I just usually bring a bottle or two back for my Mum for house sitting. Thanks for all the help :)

There is never a charge for the main dining room.

You have 3 seating options, early, late, or anytime. If you sign up for early or late you have to show up at your assigned time and table. With anytime you can choose what time you want to eat and it can vary by day.

Any wine brought on board at ports other than your initial embarkation port will be held for you by the ship and given back to you the last evening.

If you buy alcohol at a port, you turn it in when you get back on the ship. However, they deliver it to your room on the last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Included dining venues on Navigator include the Main Dining Room, Windjammer Cafe (Buffet), Small sandwiches, snacks, and pizza at Cafe Promenade. When you eat in the MDR depends on whether you're on My Time Dining or one of the set seatings or Traditional Dining. If traditional, then you eat at that time. With MTD, you can make reservations for a specific time, but you don't have to at all. Just be advised that if you show up for MTD at peak times, there may be a wait for a table. Traditional or MTD should have been chosen when you booked.

All the other restaurants (Sabor, Izumi, Giovanni's, and Chops) are additional fee dining.

In regards to wine/alcohol, you are allowed to purchase from the shops onboard or in port. They will keep those purchases until the last night of the cruise. I'm not sure about if you bought wine from say Vintages onboard and wanted to keep it as I've never tried. Frankly for their wine prices, you'd be better off hitting a local place near the port at the end rather than paying their wine prices. Enjoy Navigator, we were onboard for two weeks in November and had a great time.

If you do have MTD but prefer to eat at one of the more popular times (630-8pm), you can head to the dining room as soon as you board and ask for reservations for the same time each night. Doing this can sometimes save a few minutes wait, but as we've all mentioned, this is not required.

Thanks so much that’s much clearer :)

There are a few items in the Main Dining Room that are extra cost, but that are optional. These would be whole Maine lobster, Chops steak, and surf & turf.

Room service has a $7.95 charge per order for anything but the continental breakfast items (free). Johnny Rockets charges for lunch or dinner but is free if open for breakfast on your ship. Shakes also cost extra there.

You can also buy liquor at ports or onboard to be held until the last night. Recommend checking your local stores before you go because prices may or may not be better than home.

We’ve booked to go on navigator later in the year, we haven’t booked any dining packages, just what came with our booking. I know we won’t be able to eat in some of the other restaurants (we’re allowed the main one, windjammer and a cafe am I right?) but the booking for the main one confuses me. Are we only allowed to eat at certain times unless we pay more? if you have My Time Dining, you go the appropriate deck of the MDR at any time it is open) 530-830 or so. there may or may not be a wait. reservations are not required, but you can do so if you wish. If you have Standard dining, you will either have early seating or late seating. you can ONLY go during your assigned time if so. .Or do those who pay more have promised bookings and we have to wait? pay restaurants have nothing to do with the Main Dining Room.

Also I know you’re only allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board at the start. But when we are stopping am I allowed to buy more and bring it back on for gifts when I get home? any alcohol purchased on shore will be held until the last night of the cruise I’ve got a drinks package so I won’t be drinking it on board lol. I just usually bring a bottle or two back for my Mum for house sitting. Thanks for all the help :)

if you wish to make any reservations or changes, you can see the head waiter or Maitre d' at the the MDR and they are usually able to accommodate you.

Just remember that if you’re flying home after your cruise, you won’t be able to carry on alcohol, you’ll need to check it in your luggage or separately.

Just of off Independence with My Time dining. We showed up between 6:30-7:00 each evening, sometimes 2 of us, other times 4, without reservations, and never had to wait for a private table. We were seated at the same table each night, so we had all the benefit of having the same wait staff but with a flexible schedule.