Another hurricane

Badgeaz

Looks like something might be brewin g in the western carribean. Was watching the weather channel earlier. 40% chance it becomes a hurricane. Not good I'm booked on the harmony for dec for the western carribean.

Mark badger

Looks like something might be brewin g in the western carribean. Was watching the weather channel earlier. 40% chance it becomes a hurricane. Not good I'm booked on the harmony for dec for the western carribean.

Mark badger

Your cruise is in December and you're worried about a disturbance in Central America in October?

Your cruise is in December and you're worried about a disturbance in Central America in October?

My guess is that he/she is concerned as to the affect said possible hurricane will have on the ports he/she is slated to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee, I was so busy arguing over on the This is Crazy boards about going back to St Matin too soon that I missed this.

We have a cruise booked in Nov for Western Carib so I guess I should be more concerned than you. Life happens, we have insurance,

You posted way too soon. Chill!

NHC has designated it as "Disturbance 1" and indicates it has a 50% chance of formation within the next 5 days. Movement is expected to be slowly northward.

Western Caribbean itineraries may be clousier than normal, much like our last one was. (We were a day ahead of TS Nate.)

Criticize me all you want but I'm not really thrilled about potentially cancelling 2 cruises in the same year.

Ironic...........our son's honeymoon was cancelled in Key West at the beginning of Oct. They honeymooned in your fine state of Arizona and had an amazing time.........very ironic!

Seems this on off the coast of the Caribbean side of Central America now has a 50% chance of becoming a named tropical storm in the next couple of days.

Guess it's too soon to tell how strong or where it will go is too soon to tell at this point.

Criticize me all you want but I'm not really thrilled about potentially cancelling 2 cruises in the same year.

Some people search every thread just to criticize. I have no problem starting a thread for conversation. If I didn't like it, I would ignore it. I just booked another short cruise for September after having Majesty shortened this year by a day. I'm going to watch the NOAA site every day till then! I'm starting to get worried!

Why spend more than a month worrying about things that you have absolutely no control over? :p

The party mentioned likes to invoke fear as has been demonstrated on previous threads involving storms. More or less said entire State of Florida would be devastated after IRMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bolt fish that's is correct. And since I had to cancel a cruise too the eastern due to irma. I'm just a bit concerned.

Mark badger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark - I understand your concern. Sorry for the misunderstanding about your initial post.

Anne

Mark badger

FYI... the percentage is not to develop into a HURRICANE, it is the potential to develop into something tropical.

1. Tropical Depression
  2. Tropical Storm
  3. Hurricane
  4. Major Hurricane

It's definitely not a 40% chance of developing into a hurricane at this point.

Living in FL, I like to keep an eye on potential storms. But not all invests will develop into devastating tropical cyclones and destroy ports (ie Major Hurricanes). This year has been bad, with record breaking Cat 4s and Cat 5s, so I get it that people are exceptionally worried. And I do have a cruise booked Dec 2 to Western Caribbean. But even the models can't decide if this will amount to anything yet and if so, not a particularly impressive development this late in the season if it does.