12 day on Anthem to the Caribbean - Tips?

Hi all,

It's come time to start looking at booking our next cruise, and we're considering doing the 12 night sailing on Anthem out of Bayonne next February. We've been on five night and seven night cruises, but never nearly two weeks, and so I was looking for some feedback from those that have. Things you like/hate compared to shorter sailings, what the extra sea days allowed you to do, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Read some of the Anthem reviews for ideas. On longer cruises you are much more likely to be able to participate in Anthem unique activities such as Northstar and Ripcord, which may be more difficult on shorter itineraries.

We were on the same 12 day cruise on Anthem this past December. A bit unusual since you get 3 At Sea days on the way down followed by a port a day with no break- then 3 At Sea days on the way back. Relax-Rush-Relax!

Make sure you pre-book the activities you don't want to miss. Or, at the latest, book as soon as you board through the Royal IQ app. You can always reschedule. Try to do most of them at the beginning of the cruise because if the weather is bad, things may be cancelled. You'll want extra time to reschedule if needed.

The nice part about all the extra days is you have time to do everything you want to do and don't have to rush. It is much more like a vacation and less like a marathon.

A 12 day cruise is a no brainer, that's all we do now, we are spoiled!!! We sailed the 12 night on Anthem last April and doing the exact same one next month. Love that ship!!

Marg

Marg, did you happen to go to the Pelican Craft Center, on Barbados? I am hemming and hawing about whether we'll do a beach day, or just walk over to the craft center and board the ship early to enjoy the amenities it offers. I've been reading up on it, and I'm afraid it might be some tourist publicity. There aren't many reviews. Any knowledge you can impart on the place?

Thanks,

Jeanne

I've done 3 twelve night cruises on Anthem, and have 2 more booked. I wish they would schedule more of them. Much more relaxed. It seems like a long time when you first board, but by the last few days, you wish you had a couple more.

We tend to get tired of the food by night 8....but some folks love it ....I couldn't wait to get home and have "home cooked" food! Other than that, it's all good! You know how fast time flies on vacation....you will have a much longer time to decompress!

Marg, did you happen to go to the Pelican Craft Center, on Barbados? I am hemming and hawing about whether we'll do a beach day, or just walk over to the craft center and board the ship early to enjoy the amenities it offers. I've been reading up on it, and I'm afraid it might be some tourist publicity. There aren't many reviews. Any knowledge you can impart on the place?

Thanks,

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

We just did a tour while on Barbados, it was ok. After seeing the beaches there we decided to make this our beach day this year. Have a day pass to The Barbados Hilton, good deal, $40 pp, lunch, drink, umbrella, use of all facilities. Not far from port. Caribbeandaypass.com has all the info. Whatever you do, it will be great!!!

Marg

• 6 months later...

Hello,

bumping this thread up instead of creating a new one. We have a 12 nighter booked for next January. Any tips folks can provide on the ship? Any quiet areas to catch a breath? Any secret passages? Where should we go to get food after boarding on the first day?

We were able to do iFly twice, and almost a 3rd time, thanks to the extended trip time. Also did trapeze school twice

Exact same for us!

Book ifly early, they let you do it again towards the end of the trip if there are slots.

No hassle using the bumper cars, ice skating, or trapeze(also did twice)

We did a 12 niter on the Quantum, first time out of Bayonne, and enjoyed it immensely. Tried I -fly and North Star. The seas were a bit rough on the way back, but it was worth it especially no flights to hassle with. We also, did a 9 niter on the Anthem cruising to Canada & New England. Someone mentioned the repetitive menu, but on our Q class we had the luxury of experiencing Dynamic Dining. Not impressed with the Anthem choice of entertainment.

Ps. Got a Jan. 28th Anthem 12 niter and looking forward. I love a longer cruise as when the weekend roll around the cruise is not over.

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed!

Don't you hate it, when it seems like you've just got into the cruise routine, and then BAM!....you're hit with disembarkation information?

Heck, if my fiance could get the time off I would book a 12 night B2B with whatever is on either side of it :)

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app