Silverado Wine Blending experience @ Vines

CineGraphic

We had a great time with this on our recent Ruby sailing. The cost is $39 per person, and is limited to 6 or 8 people, but is offered several times during the cruise.

You are given four different varietals, all 100%. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, and Cabernet Franc. Cheese, fruit and crackers were also provided. After tasting and learning the various qualities of each varietal, you then make you own blend. I highly recommend this over the standard tastings.

0674963dd28a7038ac8c992eaa1a4a45.jpg

551e7a31866980a2461a2106099a91db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while I probably should be working.

Did this on Celebrity last December. Had a great time and made many friends. Most of us even purchased our blend then shared tasting notes after receiving our bottles weeks later.

You do not get a bottle of your blend as you do on Celebrity, as these varietals normally sell for $50 each.

Two more benefits from booking this is, you can get a vip tour at the winery in Napa, and a discount for joining their wine club.

You do not get a bottle of your blend as you do on Celebrity, as these varietals normally sell for $50 each.

Two more benefits from booking this is, you can get a vip tour at the winery in Napa, and a discount for joining their wine club.

Thank you for the clarification, CG. That comment that you could purchase your blend threw me off.

I participated in this blending exercise on the Ruby Princess last November. To me, the most rewarding thing was meeting fellow passengers who are serious wine enthusiasts. When we ran into each other in the restaurants, it was fun showing off what wines we had brought.

I love showing off. ;p

We had a great time with this on our recent Ruby sailing. The cost is $39 per person, and is limited to 6 or 8 people, but is offered several times during the cruise.

You are given four different varietals, all 100%. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, and Cabernet Franc. Cheese, fruit and crackers were also provided. After tasting and learning the various qualities of each varietal, you then make you own blend. I highly recommend this over the standard tastings.

Hope they have this on the Golden. We did something similar at one of our wine society meetings a few years ago but without the Malbec. We could choose to “enhance” the Cab with the other wines kept to less than 25% total or make a Meritage with less than 75% Cab.

We enjoy the Stammtisch Table and wine flights at Vines but this would be a nice addition as we will have 17 sea days on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums