Port Everglades Parking Question

bluegiraffe

We've cruised out of Port Everglades a number of times - we drive from our home in Florida to the port. We've tried this a number of ways: drove a rental car, dropped it and took their shuttle to the ship; drove a rental car, dropped it, took the shuttle to the ship and back when cruise was done (never again - waited 5 hours for a car when we returned), and drove our own car and parked off site (Gold Coast, IIRC).

Now we're wondering about parking at the port in one of the garages. Our ship is schedule to be at terminal 21, and I believe the parking garage is very near. But as far as I can tell from perusing the port website, it's first come, first served. Has anyone run into any problems with that? Is it hard to find a parking spot? And what would we need to get through the security entrance to the port? TIA.

The Mid-Port Parking Garage is adjacent to Terminal 21. A very short walk from/to the Garage and the Terminal. Drop-off of luggage and guests at the terminal prior to parking the car can be somewhat chaotic if there are ships at Terminals 25 and 26 due to the traffic. But, follow the directions of the police officers as well as the directions of the Porters at the Terminal and you will have little issues.

To enter the Port, nothing unusual is required. Have your Cruise Documents, Passport, and Driver's License available for the Deputy to inspect if he/she chooses to do so. Really, there is very, very little hassle.

Thanks OCruisers and rkacruiser. Is there plenty of parking at the garage? Mr. Bluegiraffe is concerned that we'll get there and there won't be any parking left since the Konigsdam, Eurodam, and Allure of the Seas will also have passengers using that garage that day.

OP - With over 5 years of diligent reading of this forum, I've never read complaints about any garage at Port Everglades filling up. According to the official website (www.porteverglades.net):

midport parking garage

The 2,000-space Midport garage services:

• Cruise Terminals 19, 21, 22/24, 25, 26, 27 and 29

Entrance: Take I-595 east straight into the Port. Continue heading east to the garage on the left side of the street.

midport surface lots

• Cruise Terminal 18 has its own 600-space surface parking lot adjacent to the terminal.

• Parking Lot #19 is a 400-space surface parking lot located between Cruise Terminals 18 and 19 and is used when the parking lot at Cruise Terminal 18 and the Midport Garage are full. The entrance is on SE 19th Street.

The only caution I can think of is don't arrive too early (before 10 am) - give those returning passengers time to disembark and leave the garage and you should be fine.

Just to tag on to this thread...first time sailing out of Port Everglades, and I have a similar question. We are sailing on the freedom out of terminal 29. Is the Midport garage walkable? I'd like to drop off the luggage and my wife and then park at the port (my wife has some mobility issues) and walk back to the terminal.

The port map doesn't look as tho it is.

Just to tag on to this thread...first time sailing out of Port Everglades, and I have a similar question. We are sailing on the freedom out of terminal 29. Is the Midport garage walkable? I'd like to drop off the luggage and my wife and then park at the port (my wife has some mobility issues) and walk back to the terminal.

The port map doesn't look as tho it is.

I doubt that the Port Authorities would permit you to walk between the Mid-Port Garage and Pier 29. It's a congested area with lots of containers and truck traffic. I have sailed from Pier 29 and it is a good plan to drop off luggage and other guests at the Terminal, first, and then drive to the Garage. Port Everglades will provide a shuttle service from/to the pier from the Garage. In my experience, the shuttle can be found on the East side of the Garage's pedestrian exit/entrance area, just outside the elevators that are on the East side of the Garage. (Try to obtain a parking spot on that side of the Garage to avoid a long walk within the Garage if you park on the West side.)

I doubt that the Port Authorities would permit you to walk between the Mid-Port Garage and Pier 29. It's a congested area with lots of containers and truck traffic. I have sailed from Pier 29 and it is a good plan to drop off luggage and other guests at the Terminal, first, and then drive to the Garage. Port Everglades will provide a shuttle service from/to the pier from the Garage. In my experience, the shuttle can be found on the East side of the Garage's pedestrian exit/entrance area, just outside the elevators that are on the East side of the Garage. (Try to obtain a parking spot on that side of the Garage to avoid a long walk within the Garage if you park on the West side.)

Thanks for the detailed information...this helps tremendously!

I depart from here on Saturday. How do you know what terminal your ship goes out of?

There are giant signs. You couldn't miss it if you tried. You can also confirm with the officer at the port entrance when they check your ID.