REVIEW: Fabulous Japan on Celebrity Millennium - October 2017

Miaminice

We are so glad be put Japan on people´s bucket lists - and we are very sure it will not disappoint!

It is an increadable country. Very clean and safe and full of culture and warm hearted friendliness.

We liked it so much that we booked another cruise to Japan for April 2019 - Cherry Blossom time.

Unfortunately Celebrity does not offer an itinerary much different to the one we just did. So - although still being very satisfied with Celebrity - we booked with HAL who offer a cruise with different ports.

Hi Oliver,

Have a look at Diamond Princess. We did a B2B2B with her, our first time in Japan and it was great, apart from always returning to Yokohama. But there are easy train day trips you can do from there.

I have re read and see you are already booked with HAL. I’m sure you will enjoy it as you are visiting different ports.

Libby

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Oliver,

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and beautiful photos with us! Japan is already on our list, but you may inspire us to place it near the top lol. I began reading your review last night. A rainy night, a fire in the fireplace, a pot of tea and a new Miaminice review....life is good:D.

Michelle

Thank you to all of you taking your time to comment and thank you for your kind words!

It really was a great cruise!!!

I hope to post more about it soon...

Oliver

Taking the same trip this year, anxiously awaiting the rest of your report :)

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your TR and beautiful photos. While waiting for your next installment I felt compelled to have another look at our own pics from our trip to Japan a couple of years ago. I feel another visit may be added back onto the bucket list. That darned thing never seems to empty out.

I'm very much enjoying your trip report as I will be taking the same cruise this year. I really love your photos, and as one who likes to take pictures, I'm impressed how few people there are in many of your pictures. Given the historic nature of the sites I had assumed they would be more crowded. Was it the time of year, time of week, or patience? Anxiously awaiting your Korean adventures.

I'm very much enjoying your trip report as I will be taking the same cruise this year. I really love your photos, and as one who likes to take pictures, I'm impressed how few people there are in many of your pictures. Given the historic nature of the sites I had assumed they would be more crowded. Was it the time of year, time of week, or patience? Anxiously awaiting your Korean adventures.

First of all: Thank you!

I guess it was a mix of all. Yes, I am patient in taking pictures and wait for the right moment... plus, you don´t get to see all the photobombed picture I deleted :D

There was a lot going on. But never to a point where we considered it crowded. I have heard that around cherry blossom time it could be different... we will see next year, because we booked again.

The Korea and Shanghai part will follow soon. I want to be done before we board Millenium again next week.

we board Millenium again next week.

Your review is great! I think the Lado Strings duo may have been on your cruise, and they may still be on the Millennium next week. If I'm right, would you include your thoughts about them in your review? Also, if they are still on there next week, would you tell them that Sheilah & David say "Hello"? Thanks.

I am really enjoying your trip report, we are on a similar itinerary on the Millennium this fall. I am interested to know what the air pollution was like, esp since you cruised in Oct. DH has asthma issues and we are starting to reconsider if this cruise is a smart idea for him, we have already ruled out a pre-cruise trip to Beijing and Xian. I know that no one can predict these things, just would like to know what you encountered.

I am really enjoying your trip report, we are on a similar itinerary on the Millennium this fall. I am interested to know what the air pollution was like, esp since you cruised in Oct. DH has asthma issues and we are starting to reconsider if this cruise is a smart idea for him, we have already ruled out a pre-cruise trip to Beijing and Xian. I know that no one can predict these things, just would like to know what you encountered.

Thank you!

The answer is simple. We encountered nothing! We felt no pollution at all. However, we have no problems with asthma so your husband might feel different. Hard to tell.

Oliver

Hallo Oliver,

Vielen Dank für deinen Bericht! Wir fahren die Tour am 27. Oktober und dein Bericht macht Vorfreude pur! Grüße aus NRW

And in English:

Hi Oliver,

Many thanks for your trip Report. We will do the tour beginning on October the 27th. Your report held to anticipate the trip. Greetings from NRW

JAPAN ON CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM

Two more parts of our travelogue about our cruise to Japan, South Korea and China are online (Jeju and Busan).

Sit back, relax, click on the link and travel to beautiful Japan with us:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

0001-Jeju-Stripe.jpg

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are booked on the Millennium's Transpacific from Vancouver to Yokohama in September and I have just begun my research on excursions. Your blog is a wonderful resource. Thanks again.

We did this trip in 2017 and it was terrific. You can tour everywhere very easily as an independent traveler. In every port you will be met by English speaking reps from the local tourist office. They will give you maps, info on how to visit the special sights of the area and there will sometimes be special charter buses laid on for cruise passengers.

You are going to love it!

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are booked on the Millennium's Transpacific from Vancouver to Yokohama in September and I have just begun my research on excursions. Your blog is a wonderful resource. Thanks again.

We have visited Japan, via cruise ship, for the past 4 years and it is without doubt our favourite destination.

The people are kind, honest and their integrity and desire to help is something that you will remember for the rest of your lives. They really do appreciate it if you try and speak a few words - they just love it!!

Your blog is wonderful and not only did it put a huge smile on my face, but it made me want to return asap.

Enjoy your time there.

JAPAN, KOREA, CHINA ON CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM... THE END

Just in time before our next adventure (starting tonight) the last chapter of our travelogue is online.

http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

Sit back, relax, click on the link and travel to beautiful Japan with us!

Thank you for following our adventure. I am saying goodbye with one of my favorite Photos of this trip...

118-IMG_0435.jpg