White Nights and other different things?

Priya2

We take our first cruise with Azamara (10 night Costa Rica voyage) in January. I have read about the white nights. Do they take place on every/this cruise (if so, I'll pack accordingly)? Also, I find myself wondering if there are other Azamara specific things that I should know. So far, we have only cruised with Celebrity. I know they have the same parent company and that Celebrity Captain Club benefits are transferable. I guess the loyalty scheme may be called something else on Azamara.

Yes, they have a White Night on each cruise. It will normally be outside on deck or if the weather is inclement they will hold it in the show lounge.

The loyalty programme is called Le Club Voyage and there are reciprocal arrangements with both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. For now, points earned for sailing Celebrity and Azamara are amalgamated. See this link for details of that and the benefits:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits

Phil

We take our first cruise with Azamara (10 night Costa Rica voyage) in January. I have read about the white nights. Do they take place on every/this cruise (if so, I'll pack accordingly)? Also, I find myself wondering if there are other Azamara specific things that I should know. So far, we have only cruised with Celebrity. I know they have the same parent company and that Celebrity Captain Club benefits are transferable. I guess the loyalty scheme may be called something else on Azamara.

Hi

They try and have a white nights on every cruise, if the weather contrives against them they have it indoors but hopefully given where you will be cruising, that will not be needed. No need to pack a whole outfit unless you want to - something small and white (Ive seen ladies have a white necklace only) is fine, though some do go white all over.

One thing special to Azamara is the Azamazing Evening - do try and go on it, it is free of charge and is always something different. They do so well getting everyone off the ship to the venue wherever it is but it does not feel like a mass crowded event.

Another Azamara specific thing people sometimes forget, the lovely coffees in Mosaic are free of charge (there is a charge for Nespresso but I don't think anyone has them!). The coffees (and their cakes and sandwiches) are also available from about 11 up in the Living Room as well so there are lots of places for a nice relax with a coffee if you like that. The Living Room also does great tapas 5-8.

And finally the evening buffets are wonderful and nothing like the Celebrity buffets, they are themed and often have locally sourced products

Your loyalty does transfer over, the benefits are a little different - what level are you at on Celebrity?

We just had one of the best White Night parties ever on Quest last week...and I have been to a few!

The weather was very warm, the food great and the entertainment was fantastic. They have a great Ents team onboard Quest at the moment and I have to say the CD Russ was on fire....where does he get his energy from? He just never stopped dancing all night and even danced with the shy or older passengers by their tables.

Everyone was dancing for hours and Captain Jose even delayed departure for us as we were all having such a great time.

Don't miss your own White Night as it will be memorable.

We just had one of the best White Night parties ever on Quest last week...and I have been to a few!

The weather was very warm, the food great and the entertainment was fantastic. They have a great Ents team onboard Quest at the moment and I have to say the CD Russ was on fire....where does he get his energy from? He just never stopped dancing all night and even danced with the shy or older passengers by their tables.

Everyone was dancing for hours and Captain Jose even delayed departure for us as we were all having such a great time.

He told me he did not have to go to the gym for his cardio by dancing.I love how he dances with the ladies. maybe he drinks red Bull. I love White Nights

We're going on our 2nd A cruise in Nov. Our first was about 4 years ago. It was their Antarctica itinerary and it was either too cold to do a white nights or perhaps before they started doing them? Anyway, I've wondered if they're done at sea or a night with a late departure? Maybe both?

We're going on our 2nd A cruise in Nov. Our first was about 4 years ago. It was their Antarctica itinerary and it was either too cold to do a white nights or perhaps before they started doing them? Anyway, I've wondered if they're done at sea or a night with a late departure? Maybe both?

If at all possible a night with a late departure as safety reasons they cannot have a cross wind on the deck. Captains will delay if need be. Ive had it at sea but it was a zero wind night

What lovely people you are. Thank you all for your friendly, helpful replies. I have noticed that some cruise critic board areas as surprisingly snippy answers to some people's innocent questions being various versions of 'just research it yourself'! Yet we all know that cruise line websites (especially Celebrity's since they re-did-it) are not always as instinctive as they should be, and it's nice to get advice and tips from people already familiar with the particular cruise line.

UKTOG, We are Select on Celebrity, 110 points off Elite.

HostJazzBeau, thanks for the invitation, we (well I) will join you on roll call

Phil, thanks, I'll check out the link.

Lottie, we'll be sure not to miss it.

How can I find out if Russ will be on our Sept. cruises? We really liked him.

You are correct in advising not to miss White Night...it is such fun. On our Panama Canal cruise, we also had two deck parties in addition to White Night...one was in Aruba where they brought on steel drum players and local dancers. Another port had local dancers for entertainment. Can't remember which port without looking at pictures.

How can I find out if Russ will be on our Sept. cruises? We really liked him.

You are correct in advising not to miss White Night...it is such fun. On our Panama Canal cruise, we also had two deck parties in addition to White Night...one was in Aruba where they brought on steel drum players and local dancers. Another port had local dancers for entertainment. Can't remember which port without looking at pictures.

Tony got on JR about the 22nd of July. He is there fir two months then goes to Quest. I am off a few days but I think Russ is on to late Sept. I know Tony on when I am on late.Nov

Thanks, Phil. He is on. :D We also have Fabio, which I knew from social media.

Nancy, I hadn't sailed with Russ for 3 years and although I knew he was fabulous had forgotten quite how fabulous. He treats everyone well whether you are a newbie or have sailed with Azamara countless times. He is kind, attentive, knowledgeable and has more energy than almost anyone I know. His contribution to Abba Night and White Night is life affirming.

I can't wait to cruise with him again. And Fabio is a sweetheart too.

Nancy, I hadn't sailed with Russ for 3 years and although I knew he was fabulous had forgotten quite how fabulous. He treats everyone well whether you are a newbie or have sailed with Azamara countless times. He is kind, attentive, knowledgeable and has more energy than almost anyone I know. His contribution to Abba Night and White Night is life affirming.

I can't wait to cruise with him again. And Fabio is a sweetheart too.

Last Dec. was our first time on the Quest. He is everything you say.

I'm not sure what Abba Night is. Maybe we had it and I wasn't aware of the name.

Eric is quite a hoot also. I wasn't impressed with Tony. We did a b2b on Journey and he was CD then.

Last Dec. was our first time on the Quest. He is everything you say.

I'm not sure what Abba Night is. Maybe we had it and I wasn't aware of the name.

Eric is quite a hoot also. I wasn't impressed with Tony. We did a b2b on Journey and he was CD then.

I think you would have remembered a Russ Abba Night Nancy. It's a combination of the great Abba music, how the Entertainment team involve themselves and Russ' legendary energy and truly spectacular costume. The Abba Night we experienced last week will stay with me for always.

Do try and make it when you are on board in September. I am sure you will have a blast.

I think you would have remembered a Russ Abba Night Nancy. It's a combination of the great Abba music, how the Entertainment team involve themselves and Russ' legendary energy and truly spectacular costume. The Abba Night we experienced last week will stay with me for always.

Do try and make it when you are on board in September. I am sure you will have a blast.

This must be in the Cabaret. We didn't go to the Cabaret. We were either too tired or too busy. We did spend a lot of time at the Living Room though. We got to know 6 other couples and pretty much chummed with them almost every night. We also closed down the Sunset Bar often. ;)

I'll be sure to catch it this time.