Pitiful

r4addz

Then you either do not know the meaning of the word or you must be referring to those people who don't like me relating my experiences. I have expressed no anger over what happened rather disappointment at Celebrity's inability to get things right, hence the title of this thread.

I looked it up. It’s you.

Wow, this thread is still going ?. Got bored after 6 pages and just dropped in today and went straight to last page.:'):')

A negative experience is unfortunate but is not an event. Pitifuls should be restricted to events where conditions of life and serious health arise and repeat for callousness in management.

I looked it up. It’s you.

Then with due respect you are the same as the others here who ignore the facts in order to suit their argument, No anger has been expressed nor have I lost my temper and that is basically what the word relates to.

A negative experience is unfortunate but is not an event. Pitifuls should be restricted to events where conditions of life and serious health arise and repeat for callousness in management.

Well you may want pitiful to have your definition or usage but unfortunately others have different ideas (including the dictionary). How has this come down to semantics?

If you want to have a terrible experience, you will have a terrible experience. Enjoy life for a change without pointing fingers at everyone.

I didn't ask for or want, a bad experience, it was delivered to me by Celebrity. I would love to enjoy life especially when I have paid to do so and not pointing the finger leaves the situation unchanged. If you say nothing then you are as guilty of others having a bad time as the people who do the wrong thing.

I was also on this sailing and can back up the original poster in that the ship was screwing a lot of stuff up. We had many issues, only one of which I posted about in another thread. The other issues also included specialty dining screw ups, miscommunications from ship to shore, payment and credit issues, onboard account mistakes, guest relations leaving messages repeatedly in our cabin for other passengers.... basically you name it, they screwed it up. I met with the guest relations manager after repeated mess ups and a total lack of response or reply from the Hotel Director and it made no difference. We are in no way complainers...but when staff on board consistently misrepresent and turn around and point the finger at the passenger or shoreside operations, there is a big problem. We have as a result decided not to sail Celebrity again.

I was also on this sailing and can back up the original poster in that the ship was screwing a lot of stuff up. We had many issues, only one of which I posted about in another thread. The other issues also included specialty dining screw ups, miscommunications from ship to shore, payment and credit issues, onboard account mistakes, guest relations leaving messages repeatedly in our cabin for other passengers.... basically you name it, they screwed it up. I met with the guest relations manager after repeated mess ups and a total lack of response or reply from the Hotel Director and it made no difference. We are in no way complainers...but when staff on board consistently misrepresent and turn around and point the finger at the passenger or shoreside operations, there is a big problem. We have as a result decided not to sail Celebrity again.

Can you confirm the ship, sail date, Hotel Director and Guest Relations Manager?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you confirm the ship, sail date, Hotel Director and Guest Relations Manager?

Celebrity solstice, sail date 21st December 2017 and who asks the names of these people (especially when they are not in a talkative mood)!

Edited to ask, why do you ask, if you don't work for the company there is nothing you can do even with the information?????

Celebrity solstice, sail date 21st December 2017 and who asks the names of these people (especially when they are not in a talkative mood)!

Edited to ask, why do you ask, if you don't work for the company there is nothing you can do even with the information?????

Because, you said you had a terrible experience and I wanted to know which ship, sail date etc.

I find it surprising that you did not know who the hotel director or guest service manager on your sailing with so many issues. They leave papers in the cabin with the names of the department heads, and they are usually visible if you go to any events onboard, plus they all wear name tags. More specifically, if we had this many issues we would know the names because we would have met with them. And if it was our belief that they were the problem, we would be writing a letter to Celebrity when we returned and/or filled out the online survey including specifics of who we encountered, including the heads of the department with whom we discussed the issues.

But this is not surprising that you have no idea with whom you spoke with onboard. You also had no idea what “surprise” to expect onboard for your wife’s birthday, or whether your agent paid for it (Champagne, balloons, free specialty dining....). Or whether your agent just checked off a box online saying your wife was celebrating a birthday onboard.

No, I do not work for the company. If you name names, you might find others who also experienced the same lack of caring from these same crew members.

It sounds like this Hotel Director and Guest Relations Manager should not be working on this ship and dealing with hundreds of customers.

It seems there was an issue with the phone system, either that or your room was programmed wrong to show another passenger using the room.

Hopefully you have given feedback to corporate.

Because, you said you had a terrible experience and I wanted to know which ship, sail date etc.

I find it surprising that you did not know who the hotel director or guest service manager on your sailing with so many issues. They leave papers in the cabin with the names of the department heads, and they are usually visible if you go to any events onboard, plus they all wear name tags. More specifically, if we had this many issues we would know the names because we would have met with them. And if it was our belief that they were the problem, we would be writing a letter to Celebrity when we returned and/or filled out the online survey including specifics of who we encountered, including the heads of the department with whom we discussed the issues.

But this is not surprising that you have no idea with whom you spoke with onboard. You also had no idea what “surprise” to expect onboard for your wife’s birthday, or whether your agent paid for it (Champagne, balloons, free specialty dining....). Or whether your agent just checked off a box online saying your wife was celebrating a birthday onboard.

No, I do not work for the company. If you name names, you might find others who also experienced the same lack of caring from these same crew members.

Ok so thank you for elaborating even though you took a pop at me. The reason I don't know their names is that I normally try not to complain and only complained on board about three of the items discussed and then only to bring the issues to the attention of GR in the hope of preventing this from happening to others. The only reason this thread exists and all my problems (well most as there are more but the protagonists have backed off) is because of the attacks I received when posting about the odd item elsewhere and the ongoing trolling I have been subjected to. Each time I was trolled, I posted details of another incident (all true) and if trolled again, I have more to add!

I have never needed to know who the people you refer to were, there was a guy who came on at the end of each show and all I ever heard was people commenting on how useless he was, I personally can't comment because he was of no interest to me and I was usually well on my way out of the theatre when he started speaking. I acknowledge that even on the best cruise things can go wrong but the reason I used the title "Pitiful" is because most of what happened should not have happened if they had learned from previous cruises. For example how can it be that having cruised for so long, they still issue extension leads and powerboards that have incompatible connectors? another example, which I haven't raised before. They have a fruit station in the Ocean View and next to it is an expanse of vacant worktop, yet the plates next to the fruit are hot, you have to go to the opposite side of the restaurant to find cold plates or dishes! Why do they not put dishes and cold plates on that spare worktop? Sorry but this is just basic common sense, Oh sorry, the one thing about sense is that it is not so common!

It sounds like this Hotel Director and Guest Relations Manager should not be working on this ship and dealing with hundreds of customers.

It seems there was an issue with the phone system, either that or your room was programmed wrong to show another passenger using the room.

Hopefully you have given feedback to corporate.

How do you come to the conclusion that there was an issue with the phone system, not being picky but my area of expertise just happens to be, phone systems!!!! I don't see where this comes into play?

I haven't given my feedback to corporate, I am not looking for anything out of this. The feedback I gave should have already been adequate and I have filled in a survey which has not to date received any followup! I have already been criticised for refusing compensation because that was not what I was after so, no I have no intention of contacting Corporate although my TA is sufficiently disappointed with this that they are following it up themselves!

Nothing that you described happened, the breakfast arrived early and I had to jump out of bed and answer the door in a robe I threw on and the only phone call was the one already discussed.

RCL does this also sometimes. Phone call comes and room service is there very shortly. They may well wait until the cart is there before calling. Makes sense in a way. I always have the tip on the table so I don't have to wake up very much. I do wear jammies so don't even think about a robe. They've probably seen it all with room service calls.

I have posted on this thread before, and have not attacked OP, but have asked several questions that OP hasn't answered to try and understand. What do you hope to accomplish with this thread? Have you contacted Celebrity post cruise since your issues were not resolved to your satisfaction on board? If so, did you receive a response? What was it?

I looked through Arno's list of who was onboard Solstice at the time of your cruise and noted that the HD and GRM appear to be new to their positions. The Captain is one of the most popular and visible Captains in the fleet. I believe that you should contact Celebrity with your concerns so that the situations you describe can be addressed. They have a Post Cruise Department at Celebrity for people who have experienced problems. Don't get hung up on feelings about compensation. You never need to reveal if and what they might offer. You also have the option to once again refuse any consideration. The few times I've been asked about compensation I've answered: "whatever you think is appropriate". As a frequent and long times Celebrity I'm aware that some cutbacks have led to problems. None are so severe that they really affect my cruising choices. The biggest change for me is a changing passenger demographic that includes more rude passengers especially in the Theater. A tighter enforcement of policies might assist.

So sorry you had to book a regular balcony ("steerage"). We feel very privileged to be able to sail in these "steerage" balcony cabins. It has never resulted in our luggage being ignored. We've even sailed in interior cabins and had a wonderful time, even while celebrating birthdays and graduations. We consider the cruise itself to be a big part of the celebration.

I haven't given my feedback to corporate, I am not looking for anything out of this. The feedback I gave should have already been adequate and I have filled in a survey which has not to date received any followup! I have already been criticised for refusing compensation because that was not what I was after so, no I have no intention of contacting Corporate although my TA is sufficiently disappointed with this that they are following it up themselves!

I think you should follow up so that they know what happened and can work with the ship staff to improve. I wouldn't worry too much about unwanted compensation - when I wrote to them about a very disappointing and misrepresented shore excursion they were prompt to reply and apologize. The apology was all that was offered.

And in general, they don't directly respond to post cruise survey comments - at least that's been my experience.

If the purpose of the thread is, as I believe has been stated, to help future cruisers avoid the problems OP experienced, then it would be more beneficial to contact Celebrity about the problems so that they would have knowledge that something occurred which required their attention. If there were rude staff and inadequate customer service, they should be made aware by offended passengers since obviously rude staff and inadequate GR staff would not report these incidents themselves. It's quite easy to say no thank you to any offers of "freebies" post cruise that may or may not be offered. I've done that myself on occasion when we've experienced a problem.