Cruise director on Explorer

Just got off the 9-night New England/Canada cruise on the Explorer of the Seas

After experiencing numerous cruise directors on more than 42 cruises I give Dave Chapman, cruise director on the Explorer as number one.

He is witty, funny, easy to talk with and always available.

There are many good cruise directors but I think Dave Chapman is now my favorite.

If anyone is taking a cruise on the explorer with Dave as cruise director do not forget to watch channel 14 on the TV every morning, "Morning with Dave" he is hilarious as he reads the daily compass

After experiencing numerous cruise directors on more than 42 cruises I give Dave Chapman, cruise director on the Explorer as number one.

There are many good cruise directors but I think Dave Chapman is now my favorite.

If anyone is taking a cruise on the explorer with Dave as cruise director do not forget to watch channel 14 on the TV every morning, "Morning with Dave" he is hilarious as he reads the daily compass

I am just off the same cruise as you, and I agree that Dave was great. He ranks right up there with Graham Seymour.

Hi Maya57,

I agree with you, Dave Chapman is one of the best CD's we have sailed with. He was a big hit with the women in our group as well.

Be careful, Marissa may scratch your eyes out. ;) :D

I second that for sure.....she must be away doing young teenage things for once!

posted on April 28, 2008:

I came back from the Celebrity's Mercury in March and I had a wonderful time interviewing and getting to know the cruise director, Damian de Lorenzis. I didn't even ask, but he offered me a private backstage tour and it was tons of fun :) I also got to take a look inside the office because we were experiencing some last-night difficulties with the confirmation letter he had to write out for my school.

It's wonderful to had special permission, I must say!

Not sure if Dave will still be on the explorer for your cruise. He just returned with our sailing on June 14 and will probably be off before December, but may be back on again by then.

I do have to agree with the others, Dave was a wonderful CD. I had no idea who he was or that he would be on our sailing and was pleasantly surprised. I also agree, you have to watch the morning show with Dave. My DD and I enjoyed this everyday, it was informative and usually very hilarious!

It'll be good to have a lively cruise director ... the last few I've had were only meh. :)

I am not usually impressed by CD's, but he was really good. I seem to remember him following around the CD on our Ex cruise last July.

Rumor has it that Dave is going on holiday in mid August.

I believe that is what he said on the disembarkation day during the question/answer session on the last day of our cruise. If I'm not mistaken, I think he said he has 2 months off.

I just got off the 9 night New England Cruise on Explorer and I love Dave Chapman!! :)

He is so much fun and has so much energy!!

I have him as a CD for Holiday 2007 cruise on Explorer and he has really improved and has his own character! Great to see a young CD having fun on a ship!

Will be on Explorer soon July 31 also to New England and Canada.Will be sure to watch channel 14.Thanks.Maybe he will attend our meet and Mingle as we have over 80 people signed up.Thanks again for the info.

He attended our M&M last week.

I just got off the 9 night New England Cruise on Explorer and I love Dave Chapman!! :)

He is so much fun and has so much energy!!

I have him as a CD for Holiday 2007 cruise on Explorer and he has really improved and has his own character! Great to see a young CD having fun on a ship!

Hi, Jen! Glad to see you made it home safely!:)

He's a young guy from Australia.

2978817620096754547aKTRHw_th.jpg

click to enlarge

Young HOT guy from Australia!!! He was on our EOS cruise last September. Does anyone know if he'll be the CD for our October 4th cruise? Pretty please?!?!?! I got my picture w/him and I think I need a more recent one, teehee. :D :p

P.S. Hey Mr.Pete - ya know what's funny? I actually took that photo of Dave that you posted while on the EOS last Sept!! I thought it looked familiar!!! lol!

Laura

I loved it when he sang "Baby in the Morning" as a warmup to the evening show.

Oh, and loved it when he said my name as he was handing out door prizes at our M&M!! :D

Some people have all the luck!;) :D :p

Archived