Fun Shop Booze Order - Delivery Options...Question

Seavoyage

Hello Cruise Critics -

When you place an order from the fun shops for alcohol and request delivery for the first night (after leaving port) is sales tax and / or gratuity charged? Thanks for any info in advance...

Yes there is tax on the order....I had ordered online 2 4 packs of beer @$24 a 4 pack and was charged $5.36 tax on the two packs of beer...same with the soda...i ordered 2 six packs of coke...was charged tax on those also...and i dont understand...as i was on RCCL and ordered soda online, and i was not charged any tax...

Yes there is tax on the order....I had ordered online 2 4 packs of beer @$24 a 4 pack and was charged $5.36 tax on the two packs of beer...same with the soda...i ordered 2 six packs of coke...was charged tax on those also...and i dont understand...as i was on RCCL and ordered soda online, and i was not charged any tax...
The OPs question was specifically about ordering items and having them scheduled to be delivered on the first NIGHT in port -once the ship leaves and is out to sea. You can choose what time of the day/week you want things delivered. Once the ship leaves port, any orders scheduled to be delivered while at sea do not get charged tax.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The first time I ordered, I indicated first DAY and there was sales tax. Since then I have picked first NIGHT and there has been no tax added. The order has been in our cabin when we got there but if not, it should be delivered by 9:00.

This must be new, in the last 2 years. You didnt used to be able to order booze from the funshop and get it until the last night of the cruise.

When did this change?

It's not new. The booze you order from the fun shops to enjoy during trip is not duty free and quite pricey. It balances out when you consider how much drinks would cost though. The much cheaper, duty free bottles is what you are referring to. Those are delivered the last night or you pick them up the morning of debark depending on the length of your trip.

Seavoyage, yes I think it's 2 bottles. Although you can order more for delivery once onboard I believe. The most we've ordered is 2.

This must be new, in the last 2 years. You didnt used to be able to order booze from the funshop and get it until the last night of the cruise.

When did this change?

I believe they are talking about the $100 bottles of Vodka, not the duty free which you get on the last night

The OPs question was specifically about ordering items and having them scheduled to be delivered on the first NIGHT in port -once the ship leaves and is out to sea. You can choose what time of the day/week you want things delivered. Once the ship leaves port, any orders scheduled to be delivered while at sea do not get charged tax.

I only purchase my items on line yesterday...can i go back online and change when i want the items delivered, or is it too late?

It's not new. The booze you order from the fun shops to enjoy during trip is not duty free and quite pricey. It balances out when you consider how much drinks would cost though. The much cheaper, duty free bottles is what you are referring to. Those are delivered the last night or you pick them up the morning of debark depending on the length of your trip.

Seavoyage, yes I think it's 2 bottles. Although you can order more for delivery once onboard I believe. The most we've ordered is 2.

TRUE:) "Alcohol Orders

• All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per booking (whether booked online or a telephone order). This includes alcohol, wine, champagne and beer. A ‘pack’ or ‘package’ is considered one product.
  • If the item is not consumed on board during the cruise, the guest may take it home provided the bottle has not been opened." Source - https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1354/~/the-fun-shops-gift-orders

• 2 months later...

Here is the new stateroom booze charges. Just tried to do it on line and it asked for a country code which I have no idea of. I called and found out they now charge a delivery of $15 plus if you get it before 4pm its another $7 so I told them wait till after 4. They just started this about 2 weeks ago. Just my luck if I had not waited.....;)

Here is the new stateroom booze charges. Just tried to do it on line and it asked for a country code which I have no idea of. I called and found out they now charge a delivery of $15 plus if you get it before 4pm its another $7 so I told them wait till after 4. They just started this about 2 weeks ago. Just my luck if I had not waited.....;)

So now they charge a $15 on top of the cost of the bottle?

I called and found out they now charge a delivery of $15

The "delivery fee" for a $75 bottle of vodka was $11.25. No thanks, I'll smuggle :D!

ORDER SUMMARY

Skyy Vodka1 x $75.00Recipient(s): None EnteredTotal:$86.25Port Surcharges:TBD

Subtotal:$75.00Tax:TBD

Delivery Fees Total:$11.25

The "delivery fee" for a $75 bottle of vodka was $11.25. No thanks, I'll smuggle :D!

ORDER SUMMARY

Skyy Vodka1 x $75.00Recipient(s): None EnteredTotal:$86.25Port Surcharges:TBD Subtotal:$75.00Tax:TBD Delivery Fees Total:$11.25

I put in a faux order for an $85 bottle of rum and the delivery charge was $12.75. That's a 15% delivery charge. Will have to think about it. I wouldn't mind if it went to the person that delivered it as a gratuity, but by calling it a delivery charge I'm not sure that's the case.

Yeah, I think FunShop booze orders will plummet from this.
As they should. I don't mind tipping and we always hook our room steward up over and above the standard amount, but I'm not about to be hit for everything single thing he or she does one by one. That's over the top. We ordered bottles last year for the first time. And now also the last time.

As they should. I don't mind tipping and we always hook our room steward up over and above the standard amount, but I'm not about to be hit for everything single thing he or she does one by one. That's over the top. We ordered bottles last year for the first time. And now also the last time.

It gets worse- I just did a faux order for a non-beverage item and the 15% delivery charge was there as well.

It gets worse- I just did a faux order for a non-beverage item and the 15% delivery charge was there as well.
Oh I could of told you that. Lol. The 15% charge applies to all fun shop orders other than cruise cash, bottled water, and the beverage packages.