Majesty of the Seas Drydock

cj7763

I have noticed that the Majesty has been in drydock for quite some time. Does anyone know exactly what they are doing to her. The deck plans do not really show any modifications even though I heard a Chops Grill was being added along with other venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have noticed that the Majesty has been in drydock for quite some time. Does anyone know exactly what they are doing to her. The deck plans do not really show any modifications even though I heard a Chops Grill was being added along with other venues.

Last I heard, they cancelled the plans to add Chops.

I'll be on the first voyage after her dry dock, so I'm curious as to what is being done. After searching high and low, for several weeks, there's not much information out there about the refurbishment.

I'm guessing since RCCL didn't make any announcements, like they do when they're making significant modifications to their ships, that it's for routine maintenance. Plumbing and crew area improvements have been mentioned on some of TOB's.

As far as Chops, or any other alternative dining venues, there are no options, other than the Captain's table, offered in our Cruise Planner at this time.

Edited by footzz

After dry dock most rooms located on deck 9 which were formerly SO (Superior Oceanview) and were 157' will be 122'. ??

Reduced size rooms start at room 9518 or 9018 all the way back to rooms 9582 & 9082. RCCL confirms this but cannot explain it. Any clues??

After dry dock most rooms located on deck 9 which were formerly SO (Superior Oceanview) and were 157' will be 122'. ??

Reduced size rooms start at room 9518 or 9018 all the way back to rooms 9582 & 9082. RCCL confirms this but cannot explain it. Any clues??

I think it's a mistake on the deck plan, but we won't know for sure until we get some reports.

We were on cruise just prior to drydock. We were told they were doing deep cleaning and technical work. The only change that was mentioned and not certain the person knew what he was talking about was that deck 4 dining would be ALL My Time. Most of deck 4 dining was Traditional when we were on in Jan. The MTD are was quite limited and thus long lines with long waits.

They said engineers could not find a space for Chops. Booooooooo

I think it's a mistake on the deck plan, but we won't know for sure until we get some reports.

I will wager a month's salary that Bob is right and it's a website glitch, not a ship change.

(I'm retired, BTW :D )

I will wager a month's salary that Bob is right and it's a website glitch, not a ship change.

(I'm retired, BTW :D )

I would count the pension, social security, IRA, 401K, etc., as the month's salary.:)

• 1 month later...
I saw something on their website today that said after the May 4th sailing some rooms will be 120 ft on the 9th deck.

Well I can assure you they aren’t changing the size of staterooms on a 26 year old ship...

They don’t even use the correct images of ships on their website and updated the deck plans to say “Royal Theatre” and “Dining Room” instead of their actual names so I wouldn’t grab a ruler and measure their staterooms.

Deck 9, which I believe are the superior ocean view have two categories instead of one after this last drydock. That said, nothing was physically done to the cabins just a 2nd category added if you look at the deck map 2M are forward 9500 to 9516 Port and 9000 to 9016 Starboard, the rest of the deck are 2N's.

I think that was it, just giving the ability for higher price point for midship instead of forward on deck 9.

I saw something on their website today that said after the May 4th sailing some rooms will be 120 ft on the 9th deck.
Mistake. The smaller cabins 120 are lower decks like deck 2, they are small. Larger ones stay the same on deck 9. I first sailed on Sovereign/Majesty class in 1988 and sailed many times after...

• 1 month later...

So there really is no Chops Grille for Majesty? I find this interesting that Royal can invest millions into Empress, as ship that is older (1990), than Majesty (1992) including Chops Grille, and Majesty just gets crew area improvement, and new engines.

So there really is no Chops Grille for Majesty? I find this interesting that Royal can invest millions into Empress, as ship that is older (1990), than Majesty (1992) including Chops Grille, and Majesty just gets crew area improvement, and new engines.

No chops

I believe that when Pullmantur had Empress they added a Steak House. When RCCL transferred her back to RCI they merely had to rename it Chops Grill! This was not part of the costly overhaul required to restore her ;)