Chikungunya

travlnblueberries

Has anyone ever had Chikungunya?

I have never tried it but I have seen this recipe.

chikungunya is best when deep fried..

In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.

Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Moisten each piece of chikungunya with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.

Carefully place the chikungunya pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving

happy cruising...:)

I have never tried it but I have seen this recipe.

chikungunya is best when deep fried..

In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.

Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Moisten each piece of chikungunya with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.

Carefully place the chikungunya pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving

happy cruising...:)

:D :D :D

We need more comic relief these days!

Thanks!

(What do you do with the wet mix? Drink it?)

Edited by GeezerCouple

Honestly, I've been to many ports so far and I've never even seen a mosquito, much less gotten bit by one. And this is even including the rainforest tour I was just on a couple weeks ago in San Juan. Given that this disease is very rare to begin with, I think that the short time you are on any of the islands at risk for contracting it serves to lesson your risk even more. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

99% of the time, mosquitoes are active at Twilight....not during the day..and not near salt water. Of course, there is a chance of anything...a meteor might hit you....or a tree might fall on you....life is full of risks! You pick and choose your poison.

99% of the time, mosquitoes are active at Twilight....not during the day..and not near salt water. Of course, there is a chance of anything...a meteor might hit you....or a tree might fall on you....life is full of risks! You pick and choose your poison.

Fact check: the Aedes aegypti mosquito, which is the one that transmits Chikungunya (as well as Dengue fever and Zika), is active during DAYTIME.

Anyone concerned about the risk of acquiring any of these illnesses should follow the usual CDC recommendations on avoiding mosquito bites. The risk is negligible onboard the ship and should be quite low at beaches.

Edit: OP, I just saw your last post. Exactly what information are you looking for? What info did your doctor give you regarding your symptoms and prognosis?

Edited by mom says

I'm looking for someone who already had it. It was already contracted.

Why? I am sure some have had it as well as Dengue and Zika (all transmitted in a similar way). But if you find somebody who has had it...then what? And why you are at it, how about influenza, Norovirus, Rhino virus, Streptococcus, headache, etc.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Why? I am sure some have had it as well as Dengue and Zika (all transmitted in a similar way). But if you find somebody who has had it...then what? And why you are at it, how about influenza, Norovirus, Rhino virus, Streptococcus, headache, etc.

Hank

If you have nothing to offer...and you don't, you skip on by to the next post.

Is it you, a family member, or friend who has been diagnosed with Chikungunya? Your postings have been a little nebulous...

Is the MD working with the "victim" not knowledgeable about the disease? Are you looking for someone who has had it for a reference? Or what to expect?

Just trying to ferret out clear information so that maybe someone may be able to help. Honestly, in all my years on CC, I have never seen a posting on someone being diagnosed with Chikugunya. Now, I've never done a search of forums to see if it pops, just from reading groups. Have you done a search?