Yacht Club Room serivce

dmccadden

Does anyone know how room service works in the Yacht club? Is it the same menu as the rest of the ship. Is it like RCCL where you can order form the main dining room menu? Can you order from the Yacht Club restaurant and have it delivered to your room? Basically is a step up from the normal room service?

Any info on the food in the Yacht Club would be appreciated. Sailing on the Seaside in January!

Thank you

Here's a photo of the room service menu in Yacht Club on Meraviglia:

51751fd078b8bf6ceb1dcd5ee2535e49.jpg

That is standard on all MSC ships.

And one for the pizzas:

771c515bf5ea88e867a2c72db152e7e3.jpg

You can't order from either the MDR or the YC restaurant menus except in the case of being confined to your cabin due to illness.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

No charges in Yacht Club at all; your butler looks after it. Everything is included except Super Premium drinks and bottles of wine/champagne which have a price next to them on the menus. The Premium drinks package is also included for use ship-wide.

This is just for the pizza?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure. We didn't order anything else from RS - never found the need to plus there really aren't tables in your room to eat.

But we were told to order pizza through concierge which we normally did at the desk.

Not sure. We didn't order anything else from RS - never found the need to plus there really aren't tables in your room to eat.

But we were told to order pizza through concierge which we normally did at the desk.

This sounds silly but where did you eat the pizza if not in your room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am surprised that you cannot get a hot breakfast delivered to your room in the Yacht Club. It is one of our favorite parts of the day having breakfast on our balcony.

MSC has introduced some hot items on the YC breakfast menu. I reckon you meant a more comprehensive offering so this is just an fyi:

69268a752b90855548e7ad92655c9a2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Thanks, on your previous post it just showed continental breakfast on the room service menu. I was really looking for things like eggs Benedict, corned beef hash, bacon etc.

The breakfast menu is a separate one, as you can see from the last photo. I only posted a pic of one side to show the hot items - which, I do understand, weren't what you had in mind.

I hadn't posted it earlier as the discussion was about the main room-service menu, but I can understand how the inclusion of "Continental breakfast" would cause confusion.

• 1 month later...
Can you order Room Service Pizza and have it served in the YC Lounge?

Well on Splendida, the answer is No...I ordered pizza to my suite and took it to the Lounge. The butler staff were very unhappy that I did this and let me know. Apparently no outside food is allowed. It is a pretty silly rule, but then they allowed vaping in the non-smoking area of the lounge which also surprised me!!!

So why can't the Butlers, deliver the Pizza from Room Service, to the YC Lounge themselves?

It is not allowed. No outside food, that includes Room Service...:rolleyes: I asked the concierge just to be certain. He said "Why on earth would you want to eat pizza in the YC Lounge?" like it was some Italian faux pas.

It is not allowed. No outside food, that includes Room Service...:rolleyes: I asked the concierge just to be certain. He said "Why on earth would you want to eat pizza in the YC Lounge?" like it was some Italian faux pas.

Thanks for checking on this: I would have thought, Pizza in the YC Lounge, would make perfect sense?

Thanks for checking on this: I would have thought, Pizza in the YC Lounge, would make perfect sense?

We also were reprimanded......in a very nice way of course...on the Divina.

We actually each brought down a slice from the buffet. Thought that would be a great place for a beer & pizza with nice atmosphere.

Perhaps they have to return the dishes (?) We did not leave a mess but I can see their point.

It is not a restaurant & they do provide snacks for you.

People might just start ordering their meals there.....

I told my Italian husband about this post and he said, "Why would you want to eat pizza in the lounge! The lounge is for lounging, pizza is a meal so you don't eat it in the lounge." So I guess it is an Italian faux pas :rolleyes:. From personal experience, I find that it is pretty easy to break these Italian rules :evilsmile:.

• Haha 2